PK-3|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

A Private School for ages 2 years through 5th grade Mommy Montessori classes for mother and child from 12 months Celebrating 25 years of providing superior academics to multiple generations of families Highly trained and dedicated teachers with up to 16 years tenure with our school Your child's home away from home, nestled in a unique and comfortable home-like environment which fosters a sense of community Low student-teacher ratios, which allow for individualized academic lessons that facilitate cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth in each child Opportunities to participate in enrichment programs, which include art, Spanish, theatre, yoga, music, and movement. Tucked away in the serene country setting of western Flower Mound
January 27, 2012

Bad
Good

My children have been enrolled here since 2014. Since the beginning I have been impressed with the staff, administrators and other parents. My children are learning in a rich Montessori environment with teachers who love and guide them. The other parents are heavily involved and a great network of friendship is found here. I am so blessed to be a part of this school and feel very confident my children are getting the best education possible. For my family this has been a wonderful experience.

We love Montessori Country Day School! My child is happy and thriving. He is learning so much on so many levels. He is more independent. His esteem is soaring! I can't believe how his level of reading and math have increased. He loves his teacher. Well done Montessori Country Day! Well done!

My daughter just loves Montessori Country Day School! We are new to the area, and fell in love with it here. The teachers are so very caring and nurturing, and my daughter has learned so much already! I would recommend MCDS to anyone and everyone who is invested in their child's education.

All three of my children went to MCDS. The school is great, in that it allows children to grow at their own pace and love to learn. My children came away with the skills to explore, apply critical thinking and articulate their calulations. My youngest is there now, and the children's love of learning, the teachers kindness, and the overall atmosphere is fabulous. Pros: Self-paced learning and kind teachers Cons: Doesn't go through high school!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 27, 2012

Our daughter loves attending Montessori Country Day School. She can t stop talking about her teachers, friends and works. She loves going to school and we love the friendly, helpful teachers & staff. We couldn t ask for a better environment for our daughter to be learning in. I love the flexibility of the school. They are willing to work with you on whatever you need!

Our son has been showing interest in making order with his projects at home. Although he spends relatively little time at school right now, the teachers have made a big impression on him. He often speaks about Mrs. Ali and Mrs. Burnham when he is home. The school has really spurred his social development. His interactions with the teachers and fellow students in the Montessori environment has really shown at home. Mrs. Burnham has somehow made tooth brushing an enjoyable activity! He now actually asks us to brush his teeth. Alex and Gulnara Balic

This year was my daughter s 1st year at MCDS. She came from a local Mother s Day Out program (which was run of the mill .) She cried a lot and I wanted a school that was preparatory, not daycare. We found MCDS to be a breath of fresh air. Great student-teacher ratio, open environment, loving teacher, an my daughter loves her new school. Michele

Montessori County Day School has been a perfect fit for our three year old son. Our son began attending MCDS when he was 22 months old, and from day one, we have felt that our son was in the right place. The Montessori curriculum and the small class size have proven to be a winning combination. Our son's curiosity is encouraged, and his learning goals have been outlined to fit his specific interests and needs. His teachers have always truly known him, and it is so comforting to see him eager for school and ready for the day. Every morning we are greeted by the familiar faces of the owners and staff, and this small gesture makes a big difference. It can be a difficult decision about where to send your child to his/her first school, but MCDS has proven to be the right school for our family.

Having grown up in Montessori schools myself, I looked long and hard to find a true Montessori where my daughter would be in an attentive, nurturing environment. We have been thrilled at how much personal attention and guidance she receives, not only in academics but social interactions and "life skills". Now several years later, we have just started our 2 year old son. Several months ago, the teachers and administration created an individual schedule for him to slowly integrate him into the school routine. Initially I would spend time with him and his teacher getting him used to coming to school. Over time we would expand his "comfort level"-the whole process was enjoyable and seamless instead of the usual traumatic first weeks one fears (and expects) when your child first goes to school. The challenge as a parent is to find a school where your child is truly treated as an individual and I am very grateful to have found that.

Last modified Montessori Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3