Flower Mound, TX

Posted June 08, 2015
It is amazing to me that the parents complaining here don't see Vickery for what it truly is. A school full of caring and willing teachers being led by a principal that cares more than any other principal I've come to know. She takes a genuine interest in each and every student and will fight for their rights when no one else will. She is still working and meeting with parents deep into the evening hours when I am there for extracurricular activities to make sure everyone's needs are met. And she would give you the shirt off her back if you asked for it. Your children are in excellent hands at Vickery Elementary and will be taught in a diverse environment that has a group of the most wonderful teachers you will ever find.

Posted October 11, 2014
This Principal is a bully to its staff, its plain and simple. Schools promote and have programs in place against bullying and this school has a bully for its leader. This is unacceptable and I would NEVER send my child to this school.

Posted September 16, 2014
Between both of my boys we've been at the school for 6 years total and have been overall very happy with the school, principal, teachers, and staff. Any questions or issues we've had were all handled quickly and appropriately. PTA does a lot of fun and FREE activities for the school, and the Grateful Dads are a fun presence on campus. Communication is consistent, and most importantly open. LISD has made a lot of changes over the past few years to the curriculum design, and this school has done a great job of embracing the new culture in the district with lessons and classes focusing more on being driven from the inside out in line with the Strategic Design concepts rolled out.

Posted September 11, 2014
We just moved to Lewisville this summer from one of the top rated school districts in Texas - Highland Park ISD. I have to say that Vickery has already impressed us in many ways. Our 2nd grader has Ms O'Brien who is great with the kiddos! Our 3rd grader has Ms Blaylock who has also been very pleasant! The carpool lines are very organized and easy to understand. Principal Cheatham seems genuinely interested in the lives of her student body, and is really good at communicating things to parents as well. We LOVE the diversity here, and our girls are experiencing exactly what they need to grow into well adjusted middle schoolers, high schoolers, and adults. They can hardly stop talking about their "great day" at pickup time. Thank you Vickery for being a solid example that other elementary schools could learn a few things from.

Marjory Vickery Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2014
pfff, parents with issues stop posting rubbish. School is not meant to be fun but educational, if you want your kids to have fun take them to Disney. No human is naturally enjoying authority and school is about authority. Stop getting in the way of educators you have no clue how to be a teacher. Our (US) education system is one of the worst (exception Uganda) in the world just because parents have too much authority over teachers. If a teacher is not good kick him/her out but stop interfering with education just because you can... after all some of you accept that common sense is not common...

Posted May 15, 2014
I agree with the principal being a bully and yes this school looks nice inside and out but it lacks any kind of structure. I get dirty/weird looks from the office staff especially the principal, rude phone calls and emails, and if you have questions about anything be prepared to be talked to like you are a complete idiot. I've had that happen on numerous occasions and watched staff do it to many others. My son is dyslexic and his teacher wants to hold him back as of 5 weeks ago, but she has NOT returned my calls or responded to any of the 6 emails i've sent. This school will NOT excuse any absence without a doctors note, so if you are like me and can't afford to pay for a doctor visit every time your child is ill this is NOT the school for you, you will be a prime target for the principal for truancy. She has no sympathy for tragedies like a close family member dying, or being diagnosed with cancer.

Posted May 15, 2014
Anything negative from prior reviews is unfortunately true. No leadership or positive, productive leadership whatsoever. The principal is hateful and pray your child going into their first year of school here doesn't have any kind of learning disability because he/she will not get the help or time from a teacher who really wants to help educate a child/parent on how to still have a successful school career despite having a LD. This school doesn't deserve even half a star. STAFF IS JUDGEMENTAL AND FAR FROM CARING OR HELPFUL.

Posted March 19, 2014
I have 4 children. I would not recommend this school. LISD needs to wake up and realize that the principal is a bully and holds a hostile work environment for the staff. They have no structure for students with disabilities. DO NOT send your children there. The principal worked in the prison system before she began her education career.

Posted November 09, 2013
I just wanted to say what a great job the staff and faculty do at Vickery! My son was blessed to have amazing teachers especially Ms. W. who taught him 1st and 2nd grade. She was amazing and really encouraged him academically. She was also great about communicating with me as well, regarding my son's progress. Even though he transferred to another school, he loves and misses Vickery.

Posted October 19, 2013
I completely disagree with the parent that says teachers and principal don't care. We went to this school and a different school. My family would LOVE to be back at this school. The teachers are wonderful. They do more for the students and on their own time too. The communication between teacher, parent, principal and PTA is the best out of all the schools we have been to. They really care about the students not just to succeed but their well being. We have never had any problems. Keep it up. This is a great school.

Marjory Vickery Elementary School
3301 Wager Road, Flower Mound, TX  75028
Last modified Marjory Vickery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marjory Vickery Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top