Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 07, 2015
My son is going into the 3rd grade this year. He has gone for 1st and 2nd. I must say the absolute best part of this school for us has been his teachers for both 1st and 2nd. AWESOME! The one down side in Forney is how snooty the kids seem to be. If you didn't start Kindergarten with these kids, they seem to ignore which is a sad reflection on their parents. But the school itself has been great!

Posted June 18, 2014
This is my son's first year at Blackburn and he had a great experience. His teacher was very supportive, encouraging and helped him improve his grades. He seems to have more confidence now than ever before.

Blackburn Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
I am not impressed by the Principal and some of the other staff. I am pleased with my child's teachers but they are overshadowed by the negativity emitted by others in the school. If I could transfer my child to a new school, I would.

Posted October 08, 2013
I have a 1st grader at Blackburn and we love it there. We have a new principal this year and we couldn't be happier. I am very impressed with the teachers and everything about the school! We wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Posted September 26, 2013
My children have attended several schools in Forney. Blackburn has had the best and most supportive teachers. It receives unwarranted bad press. I couldn't be happier with the education my children are receiving there!

Blackburn Elementary School 3

Posted March 13, 2009
I have 2 children that go to blackburn. They have been going there since they opened the school. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is really great. I think that science should have a little more teaching on this subject, because my child and neither of the parents get it. Also I think that the upper grades should be aloud some recess time. It is not fair to the other children that is being on there best behavoir to have recess taken away just because of some of the other students acting out. This is not the others fault and I think the good ones should be recognized for there good doings. As far as anything else this school is a great school and has alot to offer.

Blackburn Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2009
I am a parent from Blackburn elementary. I think that Forney overall has struggled with tenure but I am hopeful that will calm down now. Also, the specials are an added improvement this year. I would like to see more creative arts added to the program next year too. It will be interesting to see the test results this year as well. I am hoping to see more focus on science since that was the weak spot this last go around. Go BULLDOGS!!!

Blackburn Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2007
This school will be a good fit if you have an average student. The teachers in general are friendly and helpful. However they have to deal with overcrowded classrooms and no assistants. There are no special classes, tutors, or programs. There is music class and honors choir for 4th, 5th and 6th, but no art or language classes.

Blackburn Elementary School

Posted August 02, 2007
The school is well run and has helpful teachers and help staff. The teachers are easy to get ahold of and eager to help any student.

Blackburn Elementary School 1

Posted December 27, 2006
This school needs some leadership. My children have been going there since the doors open three years ago. The turn over rate for teachers is extremely high. Unimpressive

Blackburn Elementary School
2401 Concord Drive, Forney, TX  75126
Last modified Blackburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.