Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Crosby Elementary School 2

Posted January 08, 2016
Love the teachers at FISD (for the most part) I do have a problem with how bullying is handled at Crosby (to be specific) but it's clearly a problem across the district. They want the kids to come to them and follow "procedures" but then when it continues over and over again, they frown upon the kids when they finally get fed up and take up for themselves and then they act surprised and wonder why it came to that. The Principal at Crosby in particular allows it to continue with no explanation as to what the plan is when it doesn't stop. I posted this on their FB page and was blocked so I'll post it here.

Crosby Elementary School 2

Posted September 17, 2013
If you look closely at Texas STAAR 2012-2013 School Year Math and Reading Statistics for Crosby, the 3rd grade results (first year of STAAR testing) are somewhat better than the state average. However, for each grade year (4th-6th) thereafter, the 4th grade results roughly match the statewide average; likewise for the 5th grade reading and science results that even dip substantially below statewide averages. All the 6th grade results dip below the statewide average. These statistics reveal that the leadership at Crosby (principal) needs to reevaluate her 4th -6th grade teaching staff s abilities and take the necessary corrective action.

Posted August 08, 2012
I am new to the Forney area. I live in Diamond Creek. I am lloking for someone to cre for my son before and after school and take and pick him up for Crosby elementary.Does anyone know of anyone who care for schoolers?

Posted June 15, 2011
Excellent school with caring teachers. They have all worked to create a learning environment where my child can excel. My daughter has been in MTA since first grade. Mrs. Rush has helped her be a confident reader. My daughter has achieved commended several times. I am very pleased with this school!

Posted October 28, 2010
I love Crosby Elementary! My daughter had a minor medical condition that caused her to be homebound for a month. Crosby's counselor, Ms. Tilton, and 4th grade teachers, Ms. Quintana, Ms. Lemmons, and Ms. Cooper were all so wonderful and supportive. I am so grateful this team was (& is) on our side. From the bottom of my heart (and my daugher's) - Thank you Crosby Elementary!

Posted August 02, 2007
I have had four of my children attend Crosby since the day the school opened and the faculty and staff have been amazing. There isn't anything that they wouldn't do to help a child or parent.

Posted September 15, 2006
I have a 6th grader and a Kindergartner that attends Crosby. We have only lived here in Forney for about two months and have seen so much improvement in our kids and to hear them talk about their day at school lets us know that we made the right choice for them. My youngest has come home and told us that he loves his teacher so much that he wishes there was school on the weekend. My oldest has come home and told us that her teachers are always there when she needs them. If she thinks that she doesn't know how to do something all she has to do is ask and they help her right away. That was something she did not have last year. Crosby's students and staff really do sparkle. I would recommend this school to everyone that wants to better their child education.

Posted July 01, 2006
Crosby Elementary has surpassed all of my expectations! It is, by far, the best elementary school in Forney ISD. The teachers are dedicated, supportive and try at all costs to reach the individual needs of the students in their classrooms. The principal, Kathy Green, is innovative, committed, and has high expectations for her staff as well as her students; this is evident in the positive school climate. The leadership and dedication by the staff at Crosby is a model for any school in Texas to follow. Crosby Elementary...where students & staff sparkle!

Crosby Elementary School
495 Diamond Creek Drive, Forney, TX  75126
Last modified Crosby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crosby Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top