Forney, TX

Lewis Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
Horrible school for children with learning disabilities. I would never move to Forney, EVER, due to the school system. Staff member in the front was rude and uncaring, although our enrollment meeting with her was good...the rest was not. Special needs teachers did not know how to accommodate my son, therefore life was horrible for him there. He was there six weeks before we up and moved him out.

Posted July 16, 2012
We were extremely happy with this school. You walk in the door and are greeted in a friendly manner. Everyone is helpful. And the Kindergarten teachers (we had two of them) are just downright gifted! I appreciated how well these teachers were able to accommodate children ranging below level to several grades above level, helping each reach the next milestone. They covered a great deal of information outside the 3Rs also. The kids were excited about going to school, their teachers, what they were learning, etc. The teachers were obviously excited about their responsibility to the children and were willing to communicate as necessary and beneficial. Requests to help out at the school are appreciated and followed up upon. I found having students in Lewis Elementary to be an excellent experience as a parent and for my children.

Posted March 18, 2011
We have a daughter in her second year at Lewis (she started in K there). We love the school. She has had some reading difficulties and her teacher has been outstanding this year to help her along with extra tutoring and encouragement. I know the principal personally and it is obvious that the teachers and staff love the kids!

Posted June 07, 2009

Posted April 28, 2008
My daughter started 1st grade this year after going to kindergarden in another district. She struggled at first to catch up since the district is more difficult. She brought home her report card with all A's for the first time last week. Thanks to all the extra tutoring class's the school has offered my child with no charge to me.

Posted April 11, 2008
overall, the school is great ... I wish Forney ISD would implement 2nd language classes and band starting in 5th or 6th grade. Waiting until Middle School is too late. Children learn very quickly, and are very impressionable during elementary, and would excell in this area if exposed during younger years. Also, get creative in the classroom ... we seem to be lacking in Science ... how about some lab time -- even once a month to keep kids excited?? What about science fairs? I hear about children in other districts getting to participate in science fairs as young as 2nd grade. How about Forney? Let's not fall behind ... let's not fail our kids.

Posted April 11, 2008
The principal has got to be one of the best in Texas! The staff is caring, nurturing, and willing to give. Homework policy is great ... evenings are free for family time. TAKS is practiced, but doesn't seem to be the main focus, so kids are actually learning something other than 'the test'. Great school!

Lewis Elementary School
1309 Luckenbach Drive, Forney, TX  75126
Last modified Lewis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top