Bad
Good

Posted January 28, 2014
Smith Elementary is an outstanding school. We have loved all our teachers. They offer high level, engaging lessons. The teachers meet the needs of diverse learners and work in small group setting to ensure success. The teachers use the best practices and research based teaching. Our questions and concerns are always addressed in a prompt manner. We have especially loved Ms. Harty, Mrs. Sheppard, Mrs, Christian, and Mrs. Hannigan. These smith sharks are lucky, lucky students. I feel good about sending my kids to school everyday and they are excited to go. The office staff is helpful and always friendly. Kuddos to all the staff for working so hard to create a wonderful learning environment or the students. We couldn't be happier with our school

Margaret Taylor Smith Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2013
I have two kids that just started at Smith, back in August, and I'm STILL trying to get a bullying issue resolved! The professionalism of the teachers, in general, is seriously lacking! The teachers in our previous school district (in another state) was outstanding- maybe that's why the previous schools were given the title of "Schools of Excellence"! I don't recommend this school, however, due to my spouses job requirements, we cannot move. I will be researching private or online schools, such as K12!!

Margaret Taylor Smith Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2013
Imagine having an elementary school teacher that leaves school early for weeks on end; and then takes a month off during the year for lapband surgery? The principal does NOTHING. This place is run like the post office, and the kids are the ones that suffer. For a community that spends as much as it does on schools; there is no accountability here.

Margaret Taylor Smith Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2012
The atmosphere when you walk in the door is rarely friendly. Often, it is cold, distant, fake, even rude. The best I have heard it described was as neutral, but many find it off-putting. Many parents and professionals in the community found that they do not want people to visit the classroom outside of things like field day and parties. Observation is strongly discouraged. There were also concerns about the behavior and conduct of a few staff members. After a full school year and a partial school year, I am so thankful to be done with that school. My children now attend a much better school in which we had none of these types of issues or concerns.

Margaret Taylor Smith Elementary School

Posted April 22, 2010
Smith is a great school. It is brand new. I had 2 students attend there last year, and 1 this year. Last year my 6th grader really enjoyed both of her teachers, especially her reading teacher. This year my 4th grader loves her teacher, too. Smith is a great place to be!

Posted August 11, 2009
Very good school. We are leaving going back to Blackburn, but with nothing but the fondest memories of Smith.

Posted June 11, 2009
I'm very impressed with Smith Elemntary. My 1st grade son has received a challenging education with teachers and a principal that really care about a quality of education and structure. WC

Margaret Taylor Smith Elementary School
1750 Irongate Boulevard, Forney, TX  75126
Last modified Margaret Taylor Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.