Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The students are happy and excited about attending school each day. The principal greets the students each morning and you rarely walk in the door without teachers speaking to you. The campus is new, neat, and clean. The principals at this school are on top of discipline. The teachers are up to date and work hard to help each child succeed.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I'm not sure if the school ratings on this site is accurate. I have a child that attends Smith and although the school was above standard in 2007 through 2012, academically this school has been on a decline since 2013. The teachers and principal are very nice. Some teachers are commited to their craft and some are not. Some teachers are not effective which places some children at a disadvantage. I really like this school but some of the younger teachers need to learn a better teaching method. I no longer feel confident with my child attending this school.

I was extremely impressed with the faculty and staff at every level! My daughter was accepted into the Dual Language program and Ms. Keenan and Ms. Garrison are phenomenal! The administration is exceptionally friendly and supportive. Mr. "H" (the principal) is outside every morning to greet each student as they arrive at school...I am amazed at the level of commitment they exhibit!

Smith Elementary is an outstanding school. We have loved all our teachers. They offer high level, engaging lessons. The teachers meet the needs of diverse learners and work in small group setting to ensure success. The teachers use the best practices and research based teaching. Our questions and concerns are always addressed in a prompt manner. We have especially loved Ms. Harty, Mrs. Sheppard, Mrs, Christian, and Mrs. Hannigan. These smith sharks are lucky, lucky students. I feel good about sending my kids to school everyday and they are excited to go. The office staff is helpful and always friendly. Kuddos to all the staff for working so hard to create a wonderful learning environment or the students. We couldn't be happier with our school

I have two kids that just started at Smith, back in August, and I'm STILL trying to get a bullying issue resolved! The professionalism of the teachers, in general, is seriously lacking! The teachers in our previous school district (in another state) was outstanding- maybe that's why the previous schools were given the title of "Schools of Excellence"! I don't recommend this school, however, due to my spouses job requirements, we cannot move. I will be researching private or online schools, such as K12!!

Imagine having an elementary school teacher that leaves school early for weeks on end; and then takes a month off during the year for lapband surgery? The principal does NOTHING. This place is run like the post office, and the kids are the ones that suffer. For a community that spends as much as it does on schools; there is no accountability here.

The atmosphere when you walk in the door is rarely friendly. Often, it is cold, distant, fake, even rude. The best I have heard it described was as neutral, but many find it off-putting. Many parents and professionals in the community found that they do not want people to visit the classroom outside of things like field day and parties. Observation is strongly discouraged. There were also concerns about the behavior and conduct of a few staff members. After a full school year and a partial school year, I am so thankful to be done with that school. My children now attend a much better school in which we had none of these types of issues or concerns.

Smith is a great school. It is brand new. I had 2 students attend there last year, and 1 this year. Last year my 6th grader really enjoyed both of her teachers, especially her reading teacher. This year my 4th grader loves her teacher, too. Smith is a great place to be!

Very good school. We are leaving going back to Blackburn, but with nothing but the fondest memories of Smith.

I'm very impressed with Smith Elemntary. My 1st grade son has received a challenging education with teachers and a principal that really care about a quality of education and structure. WC

Last modified Margaret Taylor Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.