Posted February 08, 2014
I graduated from this school in June of 2012. I attended this school district starting in 2nd grade. I used to enjoy going to school in Forney, until I got to high school. Obviously high school in general is going to get a bad rep, but I absolutely hated going to school here. Some of the teachers were good, but most weren't. There is a HORRIBLE clique problem, which made is difficult for me to keep friends! I was involved in so many activities but lost friends because I was friends with other people. I understand that's a typical high school issue, but its horrible here. Also, there is supposed to be a dress code here. I can almost guarantee that 50% of the kids here don't go to class in dress code. The dress code consists of polos, khaki/navy blue/black pants, belt, closed toe shoes. A lot of the kids wear hoodies (wearing t-shirts underneath rather than polos) and black pants (yoga pants, leggings, etc.). As someone who attended this school and got in trouble for wearing a maroon polo instead of red, I think it's completely unfair for kids to get away with this. All in all, I did not enjoy attending this school. I didn't learn much while at FHS, and do not recommend going here.

Forney High School 4

Posted July 30, 2013
I have a hard time believing anything written by most of the people that have written a review on here. The use of the English language by people on this website, and specifically this school review, is appalling.

Posted May 24, 2013
did not teach anything for child get out on there own. dod not send child this school bad school

Forney High School 5

Posted June 09, 2012
One of the most disciplined schools I have seen. Student dress code is exceptional, saving parent's money and creating uniformity. Teachers demand a lot from the AP students and regular students alike. INCREDIBLE fine arts programs. State competitive band. Talented choir, art, and theatre program.

Posted May 07, 2012
Can you say bullying? We moved to Forney for a good school . From Kindergarten up we have had some minor issues with uniforms, student drop off chaos, but never did we anticipate fighting with the High School to help us stop bullying! My child has continuously been verbally harassed by peers and a coach. We have brought all of this to the principle s attention but have been told they can t do anything about it. My child was physically attacked by another student and there is still no regard to the issue at hand. Bullying is being tolerated and escalates to physical altercations. How many fights can you count in a day? The lack of concern from the administration is appalling. We are trying desperately to get out of Forney High School. If you are considering relocating to Forney for the school district, please reconsider (or teach your child how to fight)! Check out Sunnyvale or Rockwall/Heath.

Posted July 25, 2011
My son went to Forney High and for I don't think it the scholl for kids of color. the teachers overall were good, but the principals were terrible. We even had a prinicipal to lie on my son and we were able to prove it and nothing was done to her, she now at North Forney. I just think their overrall concern is Taks and this done not prepare them for college. They hardly ever have homeworks, nor do they have books to take home. In college you are not going to be working from a computer. You will have textbooks and you need to have good study skills. Forney High does not prepare them for this. The coaches were the worst and if you were not their famous then you didn't get any play.

Forney High School 2

Posted December 01, 2009
I have been in this school district for 11 years now. This is the only school district I have ever known sadly. Im in the middle of my junior year and am going homeschool. The uniforms aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be but yes you do tend to spend a bunch of money no matter what brand because you have to buy out of school clothes and uniforms. Yes, this school is all about TAKS. I don't know how many teachers on the first day of school preached about TAKS and how they can pass you. This school basically says if you can't pass TAKS you wont go to college. Forney has smart teachers, very smart but are not good at teaching. Most Staff is made up of Coach's who just give busy work also.

Forney High School 3

Posted September 22, 2009
I do agree that the children are rude, and the cliques are almost unbearable. The dress code causes us to have to spend an additional $350 per child each year. We want our kids to be normal, so we still provide jeans and shirts as their regular wardrobe. Too much expense! I have met my children's teachers, and I was overall very pleased. It is too bad the school is crowded, with a new school across town half empty. Last but not least, there is way too much homework! We spend around 3 hours each night on homework. Eight classes a day is silly.

Forney High School 5

Posted August 17, 2009

Forney High School 3

Posted May 27, 2009

Forney High School
800 Farm to Market 741, Forney, TX  75126
Last modified Forney High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forney High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top