Bad
Good

Posted March 15, 2015
First off, I am an early childhood professional. I have only lived in Forney for a year and am very happy that I chose to send my son to Claybon. Starting at Claybon was a little overwhelming because it was my first child's first year in kindergarten. I was previously sending him to a private school, which was small but wonderful IMO. Claybon has lots of rules and regulations and I realize they are set in place for the safety of the children. My son has shown such growth this year. He has really exceeded my expectations and I can only thank his kinder teacher Mrs. Hayes. She is a new teacher but like any awesome teacher she is able to reach the children on their level. I am so happy with my son's learning path and I look forward to many years at Claybon.

Posted April 02, 2010
Great school. Great staff. Great community. I am proud that my son attends Claybon.!

Posted August 04, 2009
Claybon is a wonderful school, my children were fortunate to have had wonderful teachers thus far. The ladies in the office are very 'clique-ish' and can be friendly or un-friendly depending on their mood for the day as someone else mentioned. I've never had any problems in any area except when my child was bullied in 2nd grade on a small scale, however, I was satisfied with how it was handled. I am extremely dissatified with the lack of involvement from parents with the class parties & lack of participation from parents & teachers in the PTO meetings. As a room parent, I ended up paying over $100 to cover what parents would not donate for a schedule of gifts provided by the Class Party Committee.

Posted July 29, 2008
Claybon is a wonderful elementary school. From the community involvement, teachers, principals, and support staff they all work perfectly together!

L E Claybon Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2006
My children have been at Claybon since it opened, having about 9 teachers. For the most part, the school seems organized and the atmosphere is pleasant. There are some very good teachers and a few poor ones, usually the new ones. The administration would do well to mentor the new teachers more closely, because the children suffer when they spend an entire year with someone who is still 'learning'. The ladies in the office can be friendly or not, depending on the day. Any medical involvement with the school nurse can be frustrating; be prepared to get official documentation for any little thing--it might be easier to take your child to the nurse at the doctor's office!

L E Claybon Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2006
Luckily, the majority of the teachers make up for what is lacking in the leadership of the school, overall. The teachers are, for the most part, very experienced. Many have taught in Forney ISD for many years. These teachers are able to turn the school into an excellent learning environment for the students, despite the poor overall leadership and motivation provided by the principle.

L E Claybon Elementary School
1011 Farm to Market Road 741, Forney, TX  75126
Last modified L E Claybon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.