Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Bliss is a really good school and I think the staff is doing a terrific job. There has been quite a few changes, but the changes ensure the safety of the students and staff. That new principle is one smart lady! It's really sad that some parents complain about safety measures that are in place to keep the kids safe. As the old saying goes, "you can't please everyone". Bradley, keep up the excellent work! My kids look forward to going to school everyday because you make them feel special.

Mrs.Handy and the teachers here at Bliss Elementary are horrible. The teachers are very rude and do not communicate with the parents. I have two children who attend this school and I would have to say this is the WORST school ever. When you walk into the classroom the teachers do not greet you or even give you any feedback about your childs progress in the classroom. The atmosphere in general is very bad. The dismissal process is very unorganized and you are forced to drop your children off outside because parents aren't allowed in the building. YOUR concerns as a parent are rarely addressed and the principal Mrs.Handy does very little to resolve your issues. I have went to the board of education several times to voice my concerns of this school. Parent involvement is very important for a child's success in school and I feel as a parent Mrs.Handy and her staff has taken that right away from me. Please look into another school if possible because children need teachers who care unlike the ones at BLISS ELEMENTARY. Horrible school surprised it is on a military base .

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son has ADHD and they give very little support to parents and families

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal Mrs.Handy is very weak leader and does not attempt to make sure that parents are happy with their children's learning

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers so a lack of interested in students overall success

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The teachers do not make sure the children have their homework and rarely give grades back so that parents can monitor children grades

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school atmosphere is negative and harsh. I've witnessed students not being treated fairly and are often demeaned in the presence of others (I am sure there are people there who are great at their jobs, however, in the hallways, and experience with the principals and a number of teachers, this is my observation).

Unfortunately, this is THE worst school my children have attended on a military facility, which is very disheartening. The have limited resources, they only have a few (literally) afterschool programs. The school seems to not care about fostering a relationship with parents (you have to fill out an application in order to volunteer), and the atmosphere is really negative and unprofessional ( most teachers, staff, and administration). There are no buses to pick kids up who live away from the school, therefore, EVERY day, parents have to drop off and pick up their kids, which is very congested and time consuming. One of the plusses of this school is, they have a great nurse, gentleman who directs traffic, an aide, and an office secretary, who out of most of the staff members at this school, seem to genuinely take the time to show a care for those they come in contact with (I've actually overheard staff in the hall talking bad about kids, and didn't even care that others were around to hear them!) I always wondered how people could give something a "bad" review, because to me, there is always something to find good about any situation, however, in this case, this review is legit. This school needs MAJOR improvements, inside and out!

I have three children that attend school at Bliss and we love it there. We have been at bliss school for 5yr. My kids are happy and they have loved every teacher that they have had. When we first got there I really don't care for the principal but since Dr. Brooks has taking over its a lot better. The only problem that I have had is bullying during P.E. Sometimes I feel like the coaches are not paying enough attention to what is going on. Also over the yrs I've notice how some parents complain a lot about the school, but wont step up and volunteer to help make a change.

My son is in pre-k and the only issue we have had so far was a discrepancy with his teacher. When I went to talk to the principal about it she automatically said no problem we will switch classes and put him with the other teacher. The next morning he had a new teacher. I was quite shocked on how fast she got it done. Also this year they added a music program for the older kids which I know they didn't have in the past which is great. The only thing I don't like is the fact they don't have buses for the kids who live 2 miles out. For the parents that work its very difficult for us to bring our kids to school when as a military wife we know our husbands can't just take off work to being the kids to school. Other then that the school is great. No issues of bulling that I see and they have a gentleman up front with the preachoolers when they are let out so no one goes missing or gets to wild which is awesome!

Last modified Bliss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.