Posted August 16, 2014
Meadows is a wonderful elementary school! My daughter attended Meadows Elementary for three years and I have nothing but positive feedback. The teachers in each grade level (1st-3rd) worked with my child (she is a straight A student) to challenge her and keep her engaged. The teachers have excellent communication with parents and were available to e-mail or meet in person whenever I requested. There are numerous volunteer positions (ranging in very involved to somewhat involved) for parents to get plugged in. Meadows offers several opportunities for the kids/community to connect like: Friday night movies, Fall Fest, book exchanges, run club, garden club, kite/frisbee club, among several others. Overall, a great school to send your child.

Meadows Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
PLEASE READ! The school is horrible! Warning warning warning!! Do not send your children to this school. The staff are rude & disrespectful! The principal does nothing to help! The teachers are rude and disrespectful! They are secretive. They do not involve the parents in anything going on at the school. Whenever something coming up they send home a late notification or you will receive the information on the day of! They do not care for the students at the school the way that they should. Most of them are there for a check! Sad! The staff at Meadows Elementary School on Fort Hood are unprofessional, rude, disrespectful, with little to no work ethics. If they don't like the job they should be there. These are lives in their hands. I definitely recommend that you stay away from this school! I hope I hope helped someone else out. Thanks for reading.

Posted April 17, 2014
Meadows is the greatest place in the world to work. With children at the core of all that is done, Meadows stands out from the rest. There is a unique feeling you get the minute you become a Meadows' Roadrunner. Students are met each day with respect and love. The academic success of our campus is a reflection of students, staff and families working together.

Posted August 28, 2013
Love meadows!! The staff is outstanding. This is my childs third year and he has had the most caring teachers. He is excited to go to school and loves to learn.....

Posted June 26, 2013
All the teacher and faculty at Meadows Elementary is by far the nicest and sweetest people I've met. Everyone is very welcoming and polite, the school has security measures set up in place and rules. My daughter is going on her 3rd year at Meadows and she absolutely loves this school! It's a great school and they have good Army Values set in place and are very understanding to the Military children's needs.

Posted July 23, 2012
I think Meadows Elementary is a great school! The administration and staff do a wonderful job providing a high standard of education to military dependent students. Meadows is a high standard model for Military Base public schools.

Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted March 17, 2012
Very big let down. The communication between parents, teachers and administration is lacking to say the least. The administration absolutely does not back the teachers needs in the classroom setting. Poor follow through with regards to classroom/homework assignments. Parents are completely unaware of testing from week to week...unless they ask repeatedly. I would not recommend this school to anyone unless a major overhall to the administration is in place.

Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2012
My daughter attends this paticular school and I see nothing wrong with the teachers challenging the children and making them do work assignments on there own instead of holding the childs hand.From here on out it only gets harder in school so teaching them life skills at this age in life is a great thing.Anything in life is better worked for than just given to.Yes,this school is very different from our prior school but don't we want our children to be challenged threw life.It will make you a stronger adult.I have no problem with this school and if you do so the teachers are on top of things that day.

Posted March 03, 2010
My daughter attended this school for three years and we loved it (and miss it!). The office staff is kind and helpful and the principal is joy- always with a smile on her face. The PTA is great and we loved the Cluster classes. I was a tad dissapointed in our kindergarten experience, but 1st and 2nd grade were phenomenal! Great school!

Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted February 22, 2010
I had one son attend K, 1, and 2nd; my other son attended preK and 1st. Excellent communication between the teachers and parents. a variety of extracurricular activities were available (reading club; spiritual club among others). Classes were taught in 'cluster', meaning kids who tested high at the beginning of the year were grouped together in one class. This challenged the entire class and promoted excellent learning. The PTA was very active. The security of the school was also very high...id's were required to enter and to pick up a kid if you weren't the parent. The school environment was fairly strict...walking on the right wall, single file in the hallways with hands behind their backs; lunchroom was for eating and not loud talking; etc. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience with Meadows and my boys really enjoyed going there.

Meadows Elementary School
423 27th Street, Fort Hood, TX  76544
Last modified Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top