Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

To be honest I don't think smith is the place for lgbt students. I came out in the 7th grade and all my friends ditched me because I was "different". There was Also no teachers that never said anything when someone says something homophobic. And I have how I'm a gay student and i have to be divided into the boys section when the teachers put boys on one side of the bleachers and girls on the other side and I don't have any friends on the boys side and they all make fun of me and are rude and homophobic. I also don't like how we don't have a gay straighten alliance for our school it really sucks that no one has ever thought of that. It felt like I was a clown walking the halls of smith because all of the boys laughed at me by my sexuality and the way I dressed. So I'm hoping at Audie Murphy there'll be an gay straighten alliance club so me and other people can feel free and be who We are in school. And to all the teachers who've never standed up to homophobic slurs I hope you can change that.

I am a student. I am in the class of 2013-2014. My opinion is that it is better for the students to write reviews because I went to the school. I love this school. I am an 8th grader and I came during 7 grade. Honestly there is a lot of cliques at the school but no gangs. Although, at the end of the day we all love each other and are all going through the same thing. On my last day of school EVERYONE cried. The school year ended way to fast!!! Your child will love it and it is a place for everyone to fit in and enjoy the year. I encourage you to at go this school ... Trust me you will have tons of good and bad memories just like me. I just graduated from 7 grade. And this school feels like my 2nd home. You can be yourself! Sports are very cool you should try out! Education is really important also. For example, if you are bad in math you can go to Leopard Academy. If you are a honors student let the counselor know and you will be put in a class great for you. Hop this helped :)

I went to this school in 2011. And I loved it! I had lots of fun it was easy to learn, and we had lots of cool projects, and there was so many activities we could do, and I had the coolest teachers! And everyone was really nice

This school sucked. Its was really bad I went here 2011-2012 and the teachers had never gaven me work to do when i ask for the work they just say shut up and sit down. Then they on purpose held me back. Teachers dont teach or discipline the students. They try to control the bullying but dont do a good job about it. So this school is not that good.

I am a student at smith middle school & it's real fun , haha . it's crazy everyday the teachers are amazing & everyone gets along . its kinda lame at times. but, thats only if you don't make the most of it . and the teachers care alot , & i love someone here too. its L I V E !

I attended Smith Middle School in 98-99. I LOVED that school, the ppl and the teachers way more than the school I moved to which sucked. I dont know how the school is now but when I attended sure there were some incidents but all in all I had a wonderfun experience making great grades and was part of the national jr honor society and the teachers were AMAZING!!! Sometimes I wonder how my life would have turn out if I never moved. Definately an ode to SMS, GO LEOPARDS FOREVER!

This is my daughter's second year at Smith. Teachers are my gripe. I just do not feel they have the credentials they SHOULD have, and wish they would use the English language correctly. Once again this year I do not feel my child is learning much. Thinking of homeschooling again!

I am a student at smith middle school and most of the time it is a honor to be at that school.But sometimes it can be pretty annoying.

I was a student at sms it is the best school ever i wanna go back

I have to comment on the screaming/yelling. The first day I enrolled my child, we were given a tour by another student. I was shocked by the number of classrooms that we walked by with screaming and yelling 'shut up' and such from the teachers. Students were walking out of the classroom. It appeared out of control. I was hoping that this was not normal; however, I had to check my child out on another occasion and a teacher was standing in the hallway (not far from the office) and was screaming negative comments. I realize students can be overwhelming, but it doesn't seem to be the most effective method of management. I have taught middle school for 8 years, but I have never seen that level of disorder. I personally witnessed these two incidents, as well as a couple of others. I have heard worse, but didn't witness the incidents.

Last modified Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.