Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Venable Village Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 30, 2016
Mrs. Parranique, Mrs. Dissmeyer, Mrs. Frasier and Mrs. Hinkson my son learned so much from all of you over the years. He is really missing it there. Mrs. Frasier and Mrs. Hinkson you ladies really got on to him when he was slacking and pushed him to achieve so much. I really thank you for that. It really helped his self esteem and made him strive higher! These ladies are wonderful teachers. I wish I could pack them up and bring them with me!! I know that the office staff can be a bit rude... but eventually you will grow on them. :) The strictness at the school was so surprising, but I understand and back it completely! I rather not be able to send cakes for birthdays and have lunch with them at school than to have a school who is not as focused as Venable is.

Posted March 30, 2016
My child was a transfer student there from Pre K to 2nd grade. He had the best teachers who worked with him and pushed him to his full potential. These teachers genuinely care about their students.

Posted October 12, 2015
Our children have gone to this school for 2 yrs and we are very sad to have to leave. The staff are awesome our children love their teachers. So glad we chose to send them to Venable Village.

Venable Village Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2015
I come from working in a school system and was dumbfounded when I encountered the restrictions this school has. I tried volunteering but was told that I could not do it in my kid's classroom but , if it's all the same to you, it's the one reason I am doing it for! MCPS (in Maryland) would allow me to volunteer in my child's classroom at least once a week. I felt more involved and my daughter loved seeing me there. We got to eat lunch and she still remembers those times. I can't even have lunch with my kids, and I am a firm believer that any parent should be allowed to walk in to the classroom at least to "check up." I would any daycare or babysitter. But this school only lets you in the office and only on special occasions "Family Night." I think they have no clue how isolating they are to the families and why people hate their school. The teachers are good, both my kids have enjoyed their teachers and their time at school, but it has been rough. I would have loved to help out since being in the Army has freed me some time. But they did't allow me to do it. We won't be back next year. I like being involved in my kid's education.

Venable Village Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2015
I have reviewed the school previously on how I wasn't a fan of tge closed campus feel. I wish I could go back and edit my review. We have since moved but stayed in the area. We decided to keep our son at venable. Daddy was deployed and I was was moving by myself. We ended up be late to school more than I would have liked. 7 times in 7 months. They sent me a letter saying if my son was late to school again they would put him in lunch detention!!!! He is 4!!! A preschooler can't get himself to school. Punish the parent not the child. My son was never more than 10 mins late. Maybe missed the morning announcements. Over all this school is very strict. My son has since said he doesn't want to go to school anymore. Which breaks my heart. We will be taking hin out of venable. If you don't mind your kid having that military strictness, then this is the school for you. High test scores but kind of cold.

Posted June 11, 2014
I just got out of 5th grade on June 5,2014. It was such a awesome learning experience for me!

Venable Village Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
My son has gone to Venable Village for 2 years now, Pre-K, and K. I give his Kindergarten teacher 5 stars, she has a genuine interest in the kids, and reaches out to parents. However, the principal and administrative staff in the office are awful. When you walk in the office you are greated with attitude and unpleastantness - unexpected and shocking for an elementary school. You would think it would be pleasant and friendly, but never once have I been greated with anything close to that. The closed campus is weird and off-putting. How can a parent not be able to visit their child at school or eat lunch with them?? I can't wait to PCS. If it weren't for my sons Kindergarten teacher I would have tried to move or pull my kid out. This is not the case for all the teachers, I have heard horror stories about other teachers.

Posted January 06, 2014
Loved this school. The best teacher and staff. we just moved and already miss this wonderful school and staff.

Venable Village Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
Venable Village is a newer school.... My child has done very well, and the teacher seems exceptional, with a very genuine interest in his well-being. My only complaint, is what other reviews have already touched on---- 'the unfriendly' office. Just the looks I get, I feel like I am in trouble when I walk through the doors. I wish it was more of a friendly, smiling, happy feeling, but it isn't. - Also, I think the not allowed to eat with your child if you wish is kinda strange. Have a special table so it is not a distraction- maybe just for birthdays, or special occasions... Loosen up a bit. geez.

Venable Village Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2013
Front staff is rude. The teachers are okay but really strict which is not for every child. Any behavior that is not good behavior gets the child written up. Some kids need more instructions and they don't give that to them. They rather punish a child instead of teaching them. The school is in relatively new shape compared to other schools we have seen. The parent drop of in the mornings is nice for those who need to rush off to work but would like to walk my kids into the school. The parent pick up is horrible unless you go 30-40 minutes before school gets out its hard to find parking. And people are rude parking side ways instead of straight in and out to get more cars in. Kids get walked out at different times never the same time daily and often the bell rings when we are getting in our vehicles. There is a walking trail but its over a mile to the school and there are bugs/bees/wasp on the way home. Parent's are not allowed in the school only in the office and then escorted into the bldg after signing in. They have volunteers but very limited not seen any PTA involvement since we have been here. Can't wait to move so my kids can be educated.

Venable Village Elementary School
60160 Venable Road, Fort Hood, TX  76544
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. (254) 336-1980
Last modified Venable Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.