Fort Hood, TX

Venable Village Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2015
I come from working in a school system and was dumbfounded when I encountered the restrictions this school has. I tried volunteering but was told that I could not do it in my kid's classroom but , if it's all the same to you, it's the one reason I am doing it for! MCPS (in Maryland) would allow me to volunteer in my child's classroom at least once a week. I felt more involved and my daughter loved seeing me there. We got to eat lunch and she still remembers those times. I can't even have lunch with my kids, and I am a firm believer that any parent should be allowed to walk in to the classroom at least to "check up." I would any daycare or babysitter. But this school only lets you in the office and only on special occasions "Family Night." I think they have no clue how isolating they are to the families and why people hate their school. The teachers are good, both my kids have enjoyed their teachers and their time at school, but it has been rough. I would have loved to help out since being in the Army has freed me some time. But they did't allow me to do it. We won't be back next year. I like being involved in my kid's education.

Venable Village Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2015
I have reviewed the school previously on how I wasn't a fan of tge closed campus feel. I wish I could go back and edit my review. We have since moved but stayed in the area. We decided to keep our son at venable. Daddy was deployed and I was was moving by myself. We ended up be late to school more than I would have liked. 7 times in 7 months. They sent me a letter saying if my son was late to school again they would put him in lunch detention!!!! He is 4!!! A preschooler can't get himself to school. Punish the parent not the child. My son was never more than 10 mins late. Maybe missed the morning announcements. Over all this school is very strict. My son has since said he doesn't want to go to school anymore. Which breaks my heart. We will be taking hin out of venable. If you don't mind your kid having that military strictness, then this is the school for you. High test scores but kind of cold.

Posted June 11, 2014
I just got out of 5th grade on June 5,2014. It was such a awesome learning experience for me!

Posted April 26, 2014
My son has gone to Venable Village for 2 years now, Pre-K, and K. I give his Kindergarten teacher 5 stars, she has a genuine interest in the kids, and reaches out to parents. However, the principal and administrative staff in the office are awful. When you walk in the office you are greated with attitude and unpleastantness - unexpected and shocking for an elementary school. You would think it would be pleasant and friendly, but never once have I been greated with anything close to that. The closed campus is weird and off-putting. How can a parent not be able to visit their child at school or eat lunch with them?? I can't wait to PCS. If it weren't for my sons Kindergarten teacher I would have tried to move or pull my kid out. This is not the case for all the teachers, I have heard horror stories about other teachers.

Posted January 06, 2014
Loved this school. The best teacher and staff. we just moved and already miss this wonderful school and staff.

Venable Village Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
Venable Village is a newer school.... My child has done very well, and the teacher seems exceptional, with a very genuine interest in his well-being. My only complaint, is what other reviews have already touched on---- 'the unfriendly' office. Just the looks I get, I feel like I am in trouble when I walk through the doors. I wish it was more of a friendly, smiling, happy feeling, but it isn't. - Also, I think the not allowed to eat with your child if you wish is kinda strange. Have a special table so it is not a distraction- maybe just for birthdays, or special occasions... Loosen up a bit. geez.

Posted June 06, 2013
Front staff is rude. The teachers are okay but really strict which is not for every child. Any behavior that is not good behavior gets the child written up. Some kids need more instructions and they don't give that to them. They rather punish a child instead of teaching them. The school is in relatively new shape compared to other schools we have seen. The parent drop of in the mornings is nice for those who need to rush off to work but would like to walk my kids into the school. The parent pick up is horrible unless you go 30-40 minutes before school gets out its hard to find parking. And people are rude parking side ways instead of straight in and out to get more cars in. Kids get walked out at different times never the same time daily and often the bell rings when we are getting in our vehicles. There is a walking trail but its over a mile to the school and there are bugs/bees/wasp on the way home. Parent's are not allowed in the school only in the office and then escorted into the bldg after signing in. They have volunteers but very limited not seen any PTA involvement since we have been here. Can't wait to move so my kids can be educated.

Venable Village Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
When my kids started 3 years ago it was a pretty nice school. One day I had to pick my child up about 20 min early because she had hurt herself. As I was leaving the parking lot, a teacher aid stopped me to inform me that the parking lot was closed between the hours of 2:45-3:30 or somewhere close to those times. I explained to her that I was there before the time that it closed and it was because my child was injured. She told me it doesn't matter what I was there for or what time I got there if the parking lot is closed then it is closed and she was rude about it. I contacted the principle to inform her and all the principle said was that it was too bad that the teacher's aid wasn't as nice as I would like her to be. I recently had a another concern and contacted the principle to assist me with it. When I was voicing my concern in a very respectful way because I do understand I had fault she was very rude and didn't even let me finish my 2nd sentence! I asked her not to interrupt me because I wasn't done but she kept talking. The principle and office staff keep getting more disrespectful as the years come. I will say that all of the teachers have been wonderful.

Posted September 07, 2012
I love this school! My child was in Kindergarden las year and is now in first grade. I am so sad to have to leave this school in about a month because we are moving. I wish we could take this school with us!!!

Posted September 07, 2012
If you want to send your child to a punitive, military environment then send them to this school. I had lunch with my kids and couldn't believe the drill sergeant atmosphere. Also, there is no accountability for the unprofessional behavior of the teachers. We are currently looking for another place to live to get our kids out of this school.

Venable Village Elementary School
60160 Venable Road, Fort Hood, TX  76544
(254) 336-1980
Last modified Venable Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venable Village Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top