Venable Village Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2014
My son attended pre k 3 and now pre k. Overall we enjoy this school and I feel comfortable dropping him off there for the day. Last year his teachers were kind of too strict on my son. He was three and acting like a 3 year old. But it was the first time ever they had. A three year old program. I do not like the closed campus feel, but we have had no problems with it. The school counselor is fantastic and helping my son through his dad's deployment. We are moving to another housing area and may even try to keep him here at vves.

Posted June 11, 2014
I just got out of 5th grade on June 5,2014. It was such a awesome learning experience for me!

Posted April 26, 2014
My son has gone to Venable Village for 2 years now, Pre-K, and K. I give his Kindergarten teacher 5 stars, she has a genuine interest in the kids, and reaches out to parents. However, the principal and administrative staff in the office are awful. When you walk in the office you are greated with attitude and unpleastantness - unexpected and shocking for an elementary school. You would think it would be pleasant and friendly, but never once have I been greated with anything close to that. The closed campus is weird and off-putting. How can a parent not be able to visit their child at school or eat lunch with them?? I can't wait to PCS. If it weren't for my sons Kindergarten teacher I would have tried to move or pull my kid out. This is not the case for all the teachers, I have heard horror stories about other teachers.

Posted January 06, 2014
Loved this school. The best teacher and staff. we just moved and already miss this wonderful school and staff.

Venable Village Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
Venable Village is a newer school.... My child has done very well, and the teacher seems exceptional, with a very genuine interest in his well-being. My only complaint, is what other reviews have already touched on---- 'the unfriendly' office. Just the looks I get, I feel like I am in trouble when I walk through the doors. I wish it was more of a friendly, smiling, happy feeling, but it isn't. - Also, I think the not allowed to eat with your child if you wish is kinda strange. Have a special table so it is not a distraction- maybe just for birthdays, or special occasions... Loosen up a bit. geez.

Posted June 06, 2013
Front staff is rude. The teachers are okay but really strict which is not for every child. Any behavior that is not good behavior gets the child written up. Some kids need more instructions and they don't give that to them. They rather punish a child instead of teaching them. The school is in relatively new shape compared to other schools we have seen. The parent drop of in the mornings is nice for those who need to rush off to work but would like to walk my kids into the school. The parent pick up is horrible unless you go 30-40 minutes before school gets out its hard to find parking. And people are rude parking side ways instead of straight in and out to get more cars in. Kids get walked out at different times never the same time daily and often the bell rings when we are getting in our vehicles. There is a walking trail but its over a mile to the school and there are bugs/bees/wasp on the way home. Parent's are not allowed in the school only in the office and then escorted into the bldg after signing in. They have volunteers but very limited not seen any PTA involvement since we have been here. Can't wait to move so my kids can be educated.

Venable Village Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
When my kids started 3 years ago it was a pretty nice school. One day I had to pick my child up about 20 min early because she had hurt herself. As I was leaving the parking lot, a teacher aid stopped me to inform me that the parking lot was closed between the hours of 2:45-3:30 or somewhere close to those times. I explained to her that I was there before the time that it closed and it was because my child was injured. She told me it doesn't matter what I was there for or what time I got there if the parking lot is closed then it is closed and she was rude about it. I contacted the principle to inform her and all the principle said was that it was too bad that the teacher's aid wasn't as nice as I would like her to be. I recently had a another concern and contacted the principle to assist me with it. When I was voicing my concern in a very respectful way because I do understand I had fault she was very rude and didn't even let me finish my 2nd sentence! I asked her not to interrupt me because I wasn't done but she kept talking. The principle and office staff keep getting more disrespectful as the years come. I will say that all of the teachers have been wonderful.

Posted September 07, 2012
I love this school! My child was in Kindergarden las year and is now in first grade. I am so sad to have to leave this school in about a month because we are moving. I wish we could take this school with us!!!

Posted September 07, 2012
If you want to send your child to a punitive, military environment then send them to this school. I had lunch with my kids and couldn't believe the drill sergeant atmosphere. Also, there is no accountability for the unprofessional behavior of the teachers. We are currently looking for another place to live to get our kids out of this school.

Posted July 30, 2012
This school is #1 for a reason! My daughter went here for pre-k and had mrs.ibarra. She loved her teacher and the school. The principal is very informative and nice. The councelors are there for you. I am moving this year to another neighborhood but am going to be driving the distance to say at this school!

Venable Village Elementary School
60160 Venable Road, Fort Hood, TX  76544
(254) 336-1980
Last modified Venable Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venable Village Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top