Bad
Good

Not the best school for kids with learning difficulties that aren't easily managed either with special education or medication. There is very little patience for kids with ADHD (even for kids who just have attention issues).

I can't speak highly enough about this school. We moved here after a terrible experience at a neighboring school and were overjoyed by the difference a school can make. Our children have consistently had teachers who are not only great at teaching academics, they care about the whole child. Our children have grown academically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially under the leadership of their teachers and the other fabulous staff. The principal is involved, the co-curricular staff is exceptional, and the front office staff is super friendly. I have had my children here for three years now and honestly don't want to ever move as we have seen how other schools operate. I do not work here or have any other motivation for writing this other than to celebrate a campus that does things right!

In my experience, only parents with something to complain about take the time to post some sort of "review". Curious I was to search my own district. I was shocked to see any negativity with regards to Woodland Springs Elementary. Being a parent of a special needs "autistic" child and having the privilege to work with Mr. W and others, I have come to the conclusion that other parents like myself are just compelled to project our frustrations with our own children's short comings onto the care givers taking care of them. It is understandably frustrating to hear that your child needs summer school, but I have been in several districts across Texas; and Keller ISD, Woodland Springs Elementary has been nothing but TOP NOTCH! Always informative and caring of my children's needs. Well done WSES!!! A++ God Bless!!

I was thrilled to learn about the special education classes they offered at Woodland Springs, but then within a year my positive attitude turned into frustration. I thought my child was doing well, not once received any notice from his teacher that he was struggling, until it was near the end of the year and to my surprise I was told he needed summer school to catch up. I was floored. I belive the lack of continued assessment and communication the teachers (especially Mr W, whom I could even say more about but I won't since it's a public website) need a HUGE overhaul. The school has the potential to be the best in Keller ISD but the administration needs to re-evaluate a few teachers and clean house so to speak because a few parents will NOT bring their kids back to that school as long as some teachers are working there.

My son has aspberger's syndrome. So, he had to go to Woodland Springs. We were thrilled that they had the STARS program, as the city we came from had nothing like it. However, the personnel involved did a poor job working with our son, us, and each other. He was basically placed in solitary so that he did not disrupt the class. The worst part is that he realized it. The teacher announced to the class that our son was different. Only at the meeting with the principal where we had decided to pull our son out did the resource room teacher offer suggestions on how to manage inclusion efforts. Also, our boy was supposed to see the speech therapist twice per week. However, we don't know if that ever happened, because even after multiple attempts to contact her, we never heard back. The program exists. The staff was poor.

I am a parent of a child who attended Woodland Springs Elementary and I am very impressed with the teachers, principal, and staff. Everyone is always very helpful and encourage our children to do their best. My daughter says she will miss her school next year when she will be going to the 5th grade at Trinity Meadows. She loved her teachers and I was always thrilled to hear all of the wonderful things she was so excited about learning during her day.

Both my sons go to this school and I can not say enough about the teachers and staff. They all go out of their way to do what is best for my children.

This school is exceptional. I have a child in Ms. Long class she is a very talented educator with the skills, and talent. The school Principal and staff are dedicated to the success of every child. I rate this school a 5 stars

My son has been going to Woodland Springs for K-2 and I have been happy with the teachers. My son's second grade teacher Mrs. Helm really tries to find what's the best way for my son to learn. And really utilizes his strength's to learn.

My child had a horrible first grade year, but here at Woodland Springs his second grade teacher is working so hard to be sure that he is enjoying learning. Mrs. Helm has made the difference.

Last modified Woodland Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.