Covenant Classical School

Private | K-12 | 267 students

CCS trains students to live and think according to a Biblical worldview.

Living in Fort Worth

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $105,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Sweep tile

Posted October 9, 2012

Both of our children have been at CCS since Kindergarten. This year with a 7th grader and a 5th grader, we now have experienced 14 years of CCS education. I am blown away by the quality of the teachers, administration, and curriculum that the Lord has provided to the Fort Worth community. The love and knowledge that is being poured into our two children is truly a gift. Over the years, we have learned that Classical and Christian worldview does not mean hard and boring , but, when done right, it leads to heartfelt wisdom and virtue. CCS is doing this right! My kids know how to think and understand what is going on around them in society. They are not being isolated from the world, but they are learning to understand and thrive as Christians who will impact the world with grace and integrity. We already see this happening as they interact with others at Church, Scouts, and sports teams. I have personally witnessed CCS supporting students who struggle with learning challenges. They have been so gracious in helping one of our children that struggles with the basics. CCS understands each child is unique, yet each child can reach for their full potential as God has made them.

Posted September 22, 2012

We have 2 sons--grades 7 & 9 and have been at Covenant since K...We are extremely impressed with the academics, and how our teachers & administrators care about the hearts of our boys. Both of our children have "personality"--frankly something that we didn't want squashed at school. Quite the contrary-Covenant provides a great environment that encourages our children to be who God designed them to be. We love the recitations that our boys have had since kindergarten--absolutely no fear from them in making public presentations! The phases of classical education is helping them to be logical thinkers...it is hard to have "arguments" with your teenagers when they can explain the faults in YOUR logic :) It has been very exciting to see their love of learning...participation in fine arts productions done with excellence and the team spirit of our athletic events. One new family was amazed that we would stay at a track meet to watch her son when our children were already finished. When the boys were preschoolers I was told...you can't chose their best friend, but you can chose the pool which they chose from...We are grateful to partner with like-minded families in this journey.

Posted September 21, 2012

Covenant Classical School is one of the top schools in Fort Worth. It is a uniquely Christian and Classical school. My children have had the best experience at Covenant. Most of the time, my children cannot wait to go to school every morning! Covenant is blessed to have top-notch teachers as well as strong leadership in their headmaster and principal. The curriculum is rigorous, yet fun at the same time. The school motto is "In all things, Christ preeminent." Covenant accomplishes this with love for God and love for each student.

Posted September 21, 2012

This is our 9th year at Covenant and we absolutely LOVE this school. We have found that our two children have risen to the challenge of the rigorous academics as they have been held to a high standard of excellence which is demonstrated through the great role models they have in their teachers. We love the fact that Christ is the center of all that is accomplished at Covenant and we can't say enough good things about the outstanding faculty, staff and administration at this school. We wouldn't go anywhere else!

Posted September 21, 2012

I have 3 boys at Covenant and could not be more pleased with the young men that they are becoming from a spiritual and academic perspective. Their teachers have been incredible, godly role models for them and have challenged them in so many ways. Our school truly desires to teach our children wisdom, although quick to say that it can only be done through the work of the Lord. Covenant is unique to any other school in Fort Worth and we feel so blessed that we took the time 9 years ago to see what it was all about. One of our favorite things about Covenant is the community. Families are so willing to help out as volunteers, but even more importantly, to support each other in personal situations. We have countless stories of the sacrifice of parents and students for others both inside and outside our community. We are so thankful for our school!

Posted September 21, 2012

Covenant Classical School is an amazing blessing to our family! We are in our tenth year at Covenant and know it is the right place for each of our four boys. This is a truly Christ-centered and classical education and our boys have thrived here. The gifted and loving teachers and coaches bring out the best in our kids - challenging them to do all things with excellence for God's Glory. The surprise blessing at Covenant has been the community of families. Covenant families are so supportive and kind and we count it a privilege to be part of this community. We are so grateful for our school!

Posted September 21, 2012

We didn't know a lot about classical education when we started looking for a school for our oldest child. We quickly learned that it was a unique approach to education in the midst of modern methods although it is a time tested curriculum that has produced some of our country's greatest thinkers. We have been so blessed to see the fruits of critical thinking developed in the minds of the students at Covenant- a rare skill in modern culture. Our children are learning to approach all subjects in school and life through the lens of Scripture and discern truth from opinion. We are so thankful that our children are being equipped in this way for all that life holds, not only at home, but all day at school as well. We feel so blessed to have such excellent teachers who model Christ for our children both in and out of the classroom as well as the school community who so faithfully loves on our family in countless ways. We could not be happier with the choice we made for our children's education!

Posted September 20, 2012

We have been part of the Covenant community for the last 5 years. We have two children here. They are loved and being educated by the finest faculty in Fort Worth. The teachers here are incredible. We have been very happy here.

Posted September 19, 2012

I have two daughters at Covenant Classical School, and our family loves the school for so many reasons. The teachers and staff are brilliant, and they truly love their students and the Lord. Everything at CCS is done to the glory and honor of Christ Jesus. It is awesome that students at CCS are taught HOW to think not WHAT to think. The high academic standards allow students to rise to their God-given potential. I am amazed daily at what my daughters learn. Latin is my oldest daughter s favorite subject this year. I visited seven schools before deciding where to send our daughters to school, and Covenant Classical School was our absolute favorite! I cannot imagine sending our kids anywhere else.

Posted September 18, 2012

Our family has attended Covenant Classical school for 6 years now, since our daughter started Kindergarten. We now have 2 children at CCS and could not be happier! CCS is truly a christian school. The students do not just attend chapel and have a Bible class-No, Christ is pre-eminent throughout all subjects and school atmosphere. We, as parents, love it! Our children love it! CCS teachers and faculty are extraordinary in fostering the "classical" love for learning! We feel that our teachers truly love our children. We have a great partnership and feeling of community between the faculty and all of our CCS families. CCS is EXTRAORDINARY and always striving for excellence!!

Posted September 17, 2012

I completely agree with the other reviews of Covenant Classical School. The teachers and staff are dedicated educators and followers of Christ. The entire classical curriculum teaches Christ in ALL things. It's amazing to see how my own family has grown as my daughter works her way through the lower school. We have been pleased with every aspect. I've taught in both public and private schools in Fort Worth. Covenant offers an unmatched level education and spiritual development for their students. The community of parents is a great support, and I look forward to many years with CCS.

Posted September 11, 2012

We love the classical learning style. Covenant challenges our children to think about the issues and interact with the topics after giving them a strong base of facts and knowledge at the grammar level. Seeing the quality of students that graduate from here is amazing. The great relationships among the students and the family feel to the campus are just extra added bonuses!

Posted September 10, 2012

Having been at CCS for 13 years, we have seen some fantastic growth. The faculty and staff are all excellent and the classical curriculum is outstanding. Our children are lead by teachers who love the Lord and they weave Christ in every subject. Not only are our students taught to think for themselves, articulate well and study hard, they learn to develop their own spiritual gifts and to serve others. Have 2 sons in upper school, I know there is no other school in Fort Worth to compare.

Posted September 10, 2012

I am both a parent and a teacher at Covenant, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the school. We are truly a family here, inclusive of the staff and the families of students. Our teachers are highly committed to excellence and virtue, and they are wonderful role models for the students. My son is in his fifth year at CCS. Every teacher he has had here has poured so much love, knowledge, and goodness into his life. We are lifelong Covenant family members and advocates!

Posted September 8, 2012

I love Covenant because it is an extension of my home. The children have godly examples set for them by their teachers. They are taught to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and mind. In addition to the authentic Christian atmosphere, Covenant also maintains high academic standards. The students are taught to think and speak well, master Latin, and read the classics. Covenant is simply the best school in Fort Worth!

Posted September 8, 2012

Covenant Classical School s mission is to train our students to live and think according to a biblical, Christ-centered worldview. This is definitely the case! As a parent of two Covenant graduates, I am incredibly thankful for a school where teachers encouraged and challenged my children to think critically, to wrestle with ideas, and to recognize truth. They were taught to reason wisely, to strive for virtue, and to love what is true and good. As a teacher, I love that Covenant encourages both academic and moral excellence in the minds and hearts of our students. I love Covenant!

Posted September 7, 2012

I am on staff at CCS, but I am also a parent. I have the unique perspective of seeing my own children challenged to grow in all areas of life and being able to foster growth in others. If you want a school that will guide the heart of your child toward God and engage his mind with academic excellence, then Covenant in your best choice. I also love the strong sense of community and partnership between families and faculty. I know that my concerns and questions are always taken seriously by the teachers and administrators.

Posted September 7, 2012

The rigorousness of the curriculum at this school is unparalleled. My daughter is in fourth grade and working out of a saxon 5/6 math book. The forsight that this school has, to offer Latin to students starting in third grade, is very encouraging. My children could not wait to go back to school this semester. The amazing teachers at this school are commited to the academic and spiritual growth of the students. The caliber of the students that exit this school is exceptional. The high school students are confident, amazingly articulate, well educated individuals who have a working knowledge of the God they serve. These individuals will be our future leaders, serving and leading as Christ has called them to be.

Posted September 6, 2012

If you are looking for a place where your child will receive a rigorous and challenging education centered on Christ and the truth of the Gospel then look no further than CCS. It is a blessing and my joy to work in an environment that is so genuinely Christ-centered. Each teacher cares about each child not only for their academic success but even more deeply for their Christian growth. I don't have children yet, but I'm excited for the day that I do and get to send them to CCS.

Posted September 6, 2012

I am a proud dad of a second grader at CCS. Though I do teach Latin in the upper grades I'm writing this review as a parent. Among the many things I love about having my daughter here, I have been simply blown away by the phonics program, the math curriculum, and, especially, the loving but disciplined, fun but diligent culture developed at Covenant. I cannot imagine a better education for her, though I am very picky and opinionated. The excellent communication has been clear and consistent. The personal, extensive feedback on my daughter's development has been most helpful as a parent. The rigorous expectations, the loving teachers, and the devoted leadership are simply outstanding. The spiritual formation is thorough. There is simply no place I would rather have her!

Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 4-year college 100% (2013)
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science lab

• 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
  • Eric Cook
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACCS
Fax number
  • (817) 246-5027

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Classical (e.g., focuses on the "classics")
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Arts (all)
  • Religious
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
  • Greek
  • Latin
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered

• Creative writing
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • House Systems

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school does not have a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom