Fort Worth, TX

Posted November 23, 2014
I LOVE Hargrave elementary! Not only as a staff member, but as a parent too! I have been on this campus for 8 years with no desire to leave any time soon. I am disheartened by some of the comments posted here. I know it isn't a true representation of our campus and amazing staff. It is more of one person's experience. I would encourage anyone with a concern to talk with the administration. They are easy to talk to, accessible by appointment and willing to listen and make changes as necessary.

Posted November 19, 2014
I absolutely LOVE JA Hargrave! The teachers and staff are friendly, and they greet us at the door every morning. If my child seems to be struggling, his teacher will stay late after school to help him. We came to this school after leaving Fort Worth ISD, and it is a HUGE difference! As a parent, I highly recommend this school.

J A Hargrave Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2014
Terrible school!! Teachers yell at students and talk on cellphones in the classroom. My son has had a different substitute teacher for the pass 3 weeks. How can children learn with the chaos of learning from several different substitutes style of teaching. Just terrible!!

Posted April 28, 2014
J.A. Margrave is a great school to attend . The teachers are all very nice the atmosphere is really relaxed. The principal and vice principal are always at each activity at the school , they always participate in all school functions . Unfortunately this is my sons last year. :-)

Posted August 22, 2013
JA Hargrave is a good school. This is my children's second and third year attending. Most of the teachers push the child's learning above what is expected so that they will either meet or exceed the following year. I have a daughter that was in pre-K last year and she can now count to 100, knows all of her letters, colors, and can write her name. She had a great teacher; strict but fair; that cared about the kids education.

Posted June 04, 2013
I love Hargrave! My daughter has been there for 4 years. The staff is wonderful. I have always felt like I can approach any staff member and ask questions. Yes the classrooms are over crowded and there are kids with issues in each of them. I wish the teachers had more help in dealing with the childrens bad behavior as it does take away from teaching time. I do not blame the school I blame CISD for the cuts they continue to make. The children are the future and I feel some of the parents need to be more involved. The more you invest in the school the better your children will do. It is your your to raise your child it is the teachers job to teach not babysit.

Posted June 04, 2013
I moved to the area about 3 years ago because Hargrave was a Recognized school for several years in a row. Since I could not afford private school I wanted to ensure my child would get the best education possible. Hargrave has loving and professional teachers who enjoy teaching and provide an environment conducive to learning. This environment would not be possible without the guidance and direction from the Principal. Ms. Traylor loves her students and staffs and affords teachers and staff members the opportunity to be creative, and integrate innovative and fun techniques. The school feels like a second home to my daughter. She and her classmates know the custodians and cafeteria staff and address them by name. She loves her school and has been challenged as well as praised for her efforts. We recently had a talent show and the teachers, staff and PTA went above beyond to make the night memorable. I was really proud to be a part of the Hargrave family. Parent involvement could be better, but you can t make a parent be a part of their child s academic success. The teachers can only do so much, but it must be reinforced at home!

Posted June 04, 2013
I have two sons who attend J. A. Hargrave. My oldest son started Kinder there and will be promoting tomorrow from the fourth grade. My younger son is in first grade. We have had some negative experiences at this school during our time here. However I have to say that for the most part we are truly pleased with the school and staff. Both of my boys are wonderful children who are in the GATE program and do well academically. The are encouraged to do well by their teachers, the staff members as well as here at home. Both of my boy's teachers are just amazing. The teacher parent communication is one of the things I love most about this school. I hear from the teachers on a regular basis. They keep me informed of all the great things my child does as well as if they misbehave. I love the way they invite you to be a part of your child's academic career. The one thing I find lacking at our school is parent involvement. It seems that we have the same 5 or 6 parents all the time. We need to see new faces and more parents get involved. I love volunteering at our school they are as inviting and helpful.

Posted June 03, 2013
My son has gone to this school for 2 years so I cannot comment on prior administration. I have never encountered a more caring a loving staff. They have gone above and beyond to ensure his success, including diagnosing his learning disability. I am proud to wear my Gator shirts and tell everyone about the wonderful experience we have had. Where this school is failing is PARENT INVOLVEMENT. A school cannot teach our children if the parents are unwilling to support them. They're is a very real support system that needs to be met for children to succeed, and it involves parents. Maybe if the PTA said they were having field day more than a handful if parents would have shown up. I challenge all parents to take a long hard look at what they did to help their child and their teacher succeed before posting a negative comment, you may see where the real problem lies.

J A Hargrave Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2013
My two children attended Hargrave and I must say it definitely felt like a home environment. I always felt my children were cared for and in a safe, loving environment. From the principal to the teachers and even cafeteria staff, they were nurtured there.

J A Hargrave Elementary School
9200 Poynter Street, Fort Worth, TX  76123
Last modified J A Hargrave Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J A Hargrave Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top