Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This was my daughters first year as a kindergartener and she had an amazing teacher!! Ms. Sutton really set the bar and made this first year a great experience. The staff has always been friendly and I have never had any problems. Looking forward for the years to come.

We had numerous horrible experiences with the teachers, principal and the admin. The front desk is always rude, teachers wanted testing done on my son due to the fact his was bored in their class and the principal refused my transfer request twice. Now my son is in a brand new school, he is thriving, teachers love him and he lives school which is so so so important!!!

My boys had a wonder year last year due to having wonderful and caring teachers. Mr. Brian Michler was a wonderful 1st grade teacher to my son. He's the best male teacher I have every seen. Very patient, supportive, and good at getting the information across to the students. My son loved him! Mrs. Eggleston is a great 2nd grade teacher! She was also very patient, supportive, and great at getting info across. My 2nd grader loved her and both of my sons are looking forward to another terrific year at Hargrave! I am as well! :)

I LOVE Hargrave elementary! Not only as a staff member, but as a parent too! I have been on this campus for 8 years with no desire to leave any time soon. I am disheartened by some of the comments posted here. I know it isn't a true representation of our campus and amazing staff. It is more of one person's experience. I would encourage anyone with a concern to talk with the administration. They are easy to talk to, accessible by appointment and willing to listen and make changes as necessary.

I absolutely LOVE JA Hargrave! The teachers and staff are friendly, and they greet us at the door every morning. If my child seems to be struggling, his teacher will stay late after school to help him. We came to this school after leaving Fort Worth ISD, and it is a HUGE difference! As a parent, I highly recommend this school.

Terrible school!! Teachers yell at students and talk on cellphones in the classroom. My son has had a different substitute teacher for the pass 3 weeks. How can children learn with the chaos of learning from several different substitutes style of teaching. Just terrible!!

J.A. Margrave is a great school to attend . The teachers are all very nice the atmosphere is really relaxed. The principal and vice principal are always at each activity at the school , they always participate in all school functions . Unfortunately this is my sons last year. :-)

JA Hargrave is a good school. This is my children's second and third year attending. Most of the teachers push the child's learning above what is expected so that they will either meet or exceed the following year. I have a daughter that was in pre-K last year and she can now count to 100, knows all of her letters, colors, and can write her name. She had a great teacher; strict but fair; that cared about the kids education.

I love Hargrave! My daughter has been there for 4 years. The staff is wonderful. I have always felt like I can approach any staff member and ask questions. Yes the classrooms are over crowded and there are kids with issues in each of them. I wish the teachers had more help in dealing with the childrens bad behavior as it does take away from teaching time. I do not blame the school I blame CISD for the cuts they continue to make. The children are the future and I feel some of the parents need to be more involved. The more you invest in the school the better your children will do. It is your your to raise your child it is the teachers job to teach not babysit.

I moved to the area about 3 years ago because Hargrave was a Recognized school for several years in a row. Since I could not afford private school I wanted to ensure my child would get the best education possible. Hargrave has loving and professional teachers who enjoy teaching and provide an environment conducive to learning. This environment would not be possible without the guidance and direction from the Principal. Ms. Traylor loves her students and staffs and affords teachers and staff members the opportunity to be creative, and integrate innovative and fun techniques. The school feels like a second home to my daughter. She and her classmates know the custodians and cafeteria staff and address them by name. She loves her school and has been challenged as well as praised for her efforts. We recently had a talent show and the teachers, staff and PTA went above beyond to make the night memorable. I was really proud to be a part of the Hargrave family. Parent involvement could be better, but you can t make a parent be a part of their child s academic success. The teachers can only do so much, but it must be reinforced at home!

Last modified J A Hargrave Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.