Bad
Good

I have had children going to Chisholm Ridge since it opened and we have had no complaints. The teachers are kind and caring and capable. We haven't had problems with leaders not being present or discipline or safety or transient neighbors. I'm not sure it's the same school that the parent complaining below was talking about. And if you don't like the way the PTA is organized I'm sure they're always looking for good volunteers to help. We've had a very good experience here.

we have gone here for the last 4 years and they are great. Excited to see which great teacher we get this year!

Walking Distance to Chisholm Ridge Elementary School and it is an Exempliary School! Great Neighborhood to raise a family! Desirable Neighborhood!

My daughter transferred into this school from Birdville ISD and she likes it much better. We moved here a year ago from another state and the transition was harder for her but she does seem to be enjoying this school quite well..As a parent, I too am feeling more positive about this school than her prior one..I wish there was more homework..my daughters grades have slipped slightly and its a little harder to tell why when she doesn't bring home much homework..at least with homework you know if your child is having problems in a certain subject because she will have difficulty doing the homework assigned. I have to get use to the scheduling your own parent conferencing..I'm use to this being required at least once to meet the teacher..overall though the experience at chisholm ridge has been a good one so far..we'll see how the rest of the year goes

I am not confident in the leadership of this school. They are never present, and there presence if desperatly needed at this school with almost 700 children. Unfortunately, the neighborhood is very transient and the number of children in and out of the school way way too high for my taste. We have had two teachers that we liked, but overall there just doesn't seem to be anything special or exciting going on at this school. The PTA is very disorganized, and there is very little parent particiaption. My daughter has done well at this school, but she is often bored by the average material that is covered. In my opinion there are too many discipline issues, that overshadow the overall quality of education here. I also feel that safety and security are not a high priority. The building design makes this tough.

We moved from California in December and my son continued with 2nd grade here. I feared the transition with the move, new baby, new school & friends for the kids, but my sons teacher was great. She helped him stay at the top of his class. She took the time to teach personally teach him a subject he was having trouble with and it improved his grade from a C+ to an A- so I'm very grateful. I would like to see more homework and parent/teacher conferences to discuss grades & report cards though. In California we have that and it makes a better impact on the student because the parent is more involved in the school and the kids like that. Next year my daughter will begin kindergarten there and I'm excited that they will both be attending such a great school.

My daughter started 3rd grade last year and my son started kindergarten this year. I feel that the school is on it's way with great potential. I have been at other schools with higher academic rating, but had to spend up to 2-3 hrs an evening with homework. I feel that the teachers provide a good education at school. And do not weigh the parents and students with too much at home work. As a single mom of two, this is a plus. It is a friendly community with good support.

Last modified Chisholm Ridge is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.