Harmony Science Academy - Fort Worth

Charter | K-6 | 589 students

Our school is best know for our academic excellence.

Sweep tile

Posted April 5, 2014

We currently have our son in a private school in Fort Worth. While it is a good school, my husband and I both find Harmony to be superior. I teach college and know that it is difficult to find quality education in Fort Worth. Having said that several faculty I work with along with myself send their children to Harmony. Today we came to pickup the registration packet for our eldest and the principle offered to give us a tour, out of nowhere. She is hands down amazing. Having attended private school my whole life, I can assure you I know several former alumni that are currently doing jobs they could have done without a college degree. Just because you pay more for a school does not assure your children get into a better college or get a better job. It is about teaching your children respect, determination and how to learn from failure. Harmony helps with this.

Posted March 18, 2014

HSA is the GREATEST!!! From the moment I stepped in the door and was greeted by the office staff, I immediately knew I made the right choice to enroll my children at Harmony Science Academy. The public school that was previously attended fell short providing the education my children needed. Staff members at HSA noticed a potential learning disability and with 24 hours my son was on a great track to achieve a high quality education. Mrs. Snow, Mrs. Templer, Mrs. Epps, Mrs. Longtin and Mrs. Marra, to name only a few, are dedicated to their profession and should be acknowledged for going beyond what is expected from a teacher. Thank you HSA staff for all you do! In addition, your Parent-Teacher communication is OUTSTANDING!!!

Posted March 17, 2014

This is my childs first year at Harmony and I have nothing but great things to say about it. My child has specialized needs and receives special education support. The staff and administration have gone above and beyond to ensure those needs are being meet and exceeded. Administration and teachers have always kept an open line of communication with accurate updates. I highly reccommend this school!

Posted March 17, 2014

Awesome!!! HSA exceeds my expeditions concerning my daughters education! The teachers are incredibly involved in every child's learning. I love the open communication I have with all of them! My daughter is currently in 4th grade and is having the best school year ever!! Her teachers have done so much making sure my daughters and my needs are always met. They are friendly, open and ALWAYS willing to help. I could not say enough nice things about Mrs. Knapp, Mrs. Nelson and Mrs. Snow, they make a GREAT team and have always been available and eager to help in anyway!!

Posted March 17, 2014

This is my second year as an HSA parent and I must say that I've grown to appreciate the campus for my children's education. I've found the teachers and principals to be very concerned about my childrens' education. As a parent dealing with special needs children, I've encountered a lot of support, understanding, and knowledge from staff. My biggest complaint, however, is class size. I think even with a great teacher, it's a struggle for some children to learn at their best potential.

Posted February 25, 2014

This school was Great then it has become pretty bad, Teachers are leaving the school in the middle of the year, everybody has problems with the new principal who wont do anything about issues parents complaint about, Discipline teacher is AWEFUL and kids as well as parents dislike her A LOT! it used to be a happy place where kids love to go and learn and now they complain every day why they have to go to that school. 30 kids per classroom, more than our public school. Teachers try but its hard with so many kids and no help.

Posted December 15, 2013

Class sizes are larger than I initially thought. There are about 26-30 children in a VERY small space. Lessons are not very hands-on and I suppose this is due to the lack of space and student-teacher ratio. The other comments on teacher turn over is true. It's the middle of the year and my child has a new teacher already.I transferred her to this school hoping to give her consistency. It's unfortunate that teachers do not last very long in Texas. The principal is virtually non-existent. She rarely greets parents. The secretaries are not very friendly. Teachers attitudes are a mix. Some are upbeat and polite, others look generally disgruntled.If your child is in the after school program, you should know that the doors are closed to parents.They do not have an open door policy for parents to monitor their children.You must wait at the locked double doors for your child to be escorted out of the school.I find the restrictive atmosphere odd, but other parents may find it safe.On the plus side, students are very well-behaved.My child's learning is evident. Parent-Teacher communication is excellent. Grades are updated regularly.STAAR scores are much better than area schools.

Posted November 8, 2013

Terribly unorganized, questionable security and way too many kids in a very, very limited space. 26-28 kids per classroom in a very small building where there should be no more than 16 kids in a classroom as it was before. Already looking for new school.

Posted August 28, 2013

HSA Fort Worth has been a great STEM school for our child. The teachers are incredibly involved in every child's learning. We love the communication and ease of access to student information (they have an app for that)! We cannot say enough about how HSA has challenged our child intellectually and improved our child's confidence in learning. The dedication and extra hours the teachers invest towards understanding and adapting teaching techniques to each child's strengths and weaknesses is truly what makes this school so great. We also love the positive reinforcement system (PRS points) that encourage the children to behave and participate in class. Thank you HSA for all your efforts, they are very effective and appreciated!

Posted June 30, 2013

A++ school!! The children are actually challenged and kept accountable for their behavior. The communication between the school and the parents is exceptional. They are actually here to help your child succeed and live up to their potential.

Posted May 2, 2012

My children go to HSA Fort Worth for the last 4 years. We can not say enough about this wonderful school, teachers and students. They are very focused on Academics and work very hard on supporting their students to achieve the best education they need. The wonderful teachers at HSA work very hard to help the students during school and every activities their students have. The student participate in a lot of activities and competition such as Science Olympiad, Science Fair, Robotic, Math Count as well as Sport like Soccer, Basketball & Volleyball. Overall, we are very satisfied as a parent with HSA and our children are very happy and enjoy their school, their teachers and their friends. So to anybody who consider Harmony Science Academy, they make the perfect choice !

Posted April 30, 2012

Being a VERY proud former student, I can clearly say that this is one of the best high schools in the nation ACROSS THE BOARD! If one is looking for a great high school for thier child, put HSA-FW at the TOP of the short list.

Posted April 23, 2012

My child has been a student at HSA Fort Worth for 3 years, and plans to continue on through graduation. The focus on academics and continuing on to a 4 year college has impressed me throughout our time at this school. Most of the teachers are caring which, along with the small school environment, prevents quieter students from being lost in the shuffle. There are academic clubs like robotics and Science Olympiad, which promote teamwork while helping to prepare students for a college education and for careers in science and engineering fields. The school does offer sports, but that is not a main focus at this school. The school offers a disciplined environment that helps prevent distractions in the classroom. Students who have too many disciplinary infractions are not allowed to return to school, which is invaluable to students who are at school to learn. I have found the administration to be responsive and supportive to my requests and problems. I would recommend this school to anyone with a student whose main focus is learning as much as possible and continuing on to college, particularly if they are interested in a science, math or engineering career.

Posted April 21, 2012

I really like HSA due to their extracurricular activities and the teacher's involvement in helping students and speaking to parents. I would recommend any student to come here.

Posted April 20, 2012

My sons are enrolled ta HSA Ft Worth. Our family loves this school and its academic environment! They are involved in academic competitions like Science Olympiad and the Exxon Mobile Science and engineering fair, extracurriculars like band, flag football, soccer and basketball. The teachers are highly skilled and valued, the parents are involved and the the administration is supportive! I highly recommend this wonderful family if you are considering enrolling your kids. No matter what field of study your child thrives in.. HSA has something to offer!!

Posted April 20, 2012

Hands down the best public school in Fort Worth! I am so glad they are building another campus.

Posted April 20, 2012

Harmony has helped my son harness his academic potential and pushed him beyond his comfort zone. If you are looking for an academic boost in science, technology, and math then Harmony is the place. There are high expectations for each student and a process to ensure their success. Additionally, the school climate is conducive to learning. I would recommend Harmony to every parent, especially those with a child gifted in the areas of science, technology and math or looking for a smaller school with more academic focus.

Posted March 24, 2012

Harmony's small, private school atmosphere has helped my daughter thrive. I wanted my daughter to receive a quality, private school education, but my husband and I couldn't afford it. After doing research, we found HSA-Fort Worth. The teachers are amazing and provide extra help to all students when it is needed, including Saturdays. This is a change from the public school where teachers are hard to reach outside of school hours. The extracurricular activities are wonderful in gaining students' interest in the STEM fields. We are happy with our choice for our daughter, and so are most Harmony parents I know.

Posted March 24, 2012

My children are finally learning! I was shocked at the poor quality education my children were receiving at our local school. After being on the lottery for 2 years, my children were accepted. I have nothing but praise for the teachers and staff. Harmony's high academic success is the result of caring, dedicated teachers that go the extra mile. Keep up the great work Harmony!

Posted March 21, 2012

Harmony Science Academy Fort Worth has been an amazing choice for our children. The most important reason that I recommend it is small school size, more individual attention to the kids, (especially in high school), and a lot of extracurricular activities that they offer. Some of the private schools do not even have more after school events than they have. Thanks HARMONY for being such a great school. :)

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

24 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

24 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

25 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

25 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

26 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

75 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

76 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students83%

Not special education85%
Proficient in English84%
Non-migrant82%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

n/a

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

n/a

Proficient in Englishn/a
Non-migrantn/a
Non-Giftedn/a

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian 14% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff American sign language
Arabic languages
German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Best School Award at Fort Worth Regional Science Fair (2007)
  • Second Team Award at Tarleton Regional Science Olympiad (2007)
  • TEA Examplary Rating (2007)

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language impairments
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Arts and crafts
  • Yearbook

Language learning

Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • Intensive - the school offers a full program for many languages and/or offers at least one very comprehensive program school-wide for at least 25% of our population
  • ELL/ESL Coordinator

School start time
  • 7:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Angela Knapp
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number

• Music
  • Science
  • Special education
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• PE instructor(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Acceleration
  • Counseling
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Remediation
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
  • Tutoring
College preparation / awareness resources offered
Transportation options

Performing arts
Media arts
  • Computer animation

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis