Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 06, 2016
Thank you Mrs. Batla for giving my daughter the best first year of school she could have had. She is upset that you won't be her teacher again this coming school year.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 06, 2016
Mrs Batla is Amazing. I can't speak with any of the other teachers however the office staff most have a snobbish attitude

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 06, 2016
My daughter was Bullied on the bus she was a Pre-K student and the school counsler treated her like she was lying. Instead of handling the issue they swept it under the rug. We took her to school the rest of the year. However I am really worried about the upcoming year cause my daughter has no choice but to have to ride the bus my husbands work hours conflict with her school hours and I currently don't drive

Sidney H Poynter 3

Posted July 06, 2016
My daughter was in Mrs Batla's Pre-k class last year. Mrs. Batla was amazing. My daughter LOVED being in her class. Hoping the new school year is just as good. Reading other reviews and seeing that this school has a poor rating makes me want to home school her this year.

Posted May 11, 2015
It's a shame that because of residential boundaries some of us are limited to this school. My complaint is also toward the principal. She doesn't seem to have any real genuine concern for the children's well being and her communication skills are lacking tremendously. And that's on a good day. We should be able to trust the judgment and handling of the people responsible for our kids while their at school. I've become increasingly uncomfortable and untrusting of the adults running this place. Actively searching for alternative options.

Posted March 03, 2015
Worst school ever ....save your kids people if you want good quality education and atmosphere for your kids ......taking my son out as soon as i can he already got damaged enough academic and self steam wise zero star right here

Posted February 04, 2015
Horrific pricipal is not there for the kids. She doesnt want a student council she doesnt care about the kids having extra activities pta cant do what they feel would be good for the school because of her stopping any and all fun and happiness my daughter was honor roll before this school now her grades suffer. The principal needs to go.

Posted January 29, 2015
There seems to be a lot of neglect going on here starting with the principal. Shame.

Posted September 26, 2014
This school is a joke. It seems like nobody has a clue what they're doing nor do they care. Teachers and staff just aren't what they use to be. I Had two children who attended this school who constantly told me about bullying and being ignored by their teachers when they asked for help or tried to inform them of a problem they witnessed or fell victim to. If possible, I'd advise parents to seek other options before settling for this place.

Sidney H Poynter 5

Posted August 10, 2014
I am a public school administrator at another school. As a professional with over 15 years educating children I am confident students here are getting a great education. The math specialist is amazing and helps my student constantly. Every teacher we have encountered is professional and caring. The principal is doing great things here. I have observed top quality teaching going on. The online gradebook and communication tools keep me informed. The Texas accountability ratings just came out and Poynter earned the highest rating and an academic distinction in reading and ELA (and that isn't easy to do). This school and the intermediate it feeds into are both great schools with wonderful staff.

521 Ashdale Drive, Fort Worth, TX  76140
Last modified Sidney H Poynter is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.