Fort Worth, TX

Sidney H Poynter 1

Posted September 26, 2014
This school is a joke. It seems like nobody has a clue what they're doing nor do they care. Teachers and staff just aren't what they use to be. I Had two children who attended this school who constantly told me about bullying and being ignored by their teachers when they asked for help or tried to inform them of a problem they witnessed or fell victim to. If possible, I'd advise parents to seek other options before settling for this place.

Posted August 10, 2014
I am a public school administrator at another school. As a professional with over 15 years educating children I am confident students here are getting a great education. The math specialist is amazing and helps my student constantly. Every teacher we have encountered is professional and caring. The principal is doing great things here. I have observed top quality teaching going on. The online gradebook and communication tools keep me informed. The Texas accountability ratings just came out and Poynter earned the highest rating and an academic distinction in reading and ELA (and that isn't easy to do). This school and the intermediate it feeds into are both great schools with wonderful staff.

Posted August 06, 2014
I am very impressed with this school. I have two students there that have attended school in Crowley since first grade. Every teacher has been amazing and my students have learned so much. My kids love reading and this comes from the school. I am impressed at the quality of work my students produce. Both of my students are way above grade level now and are challenged by their teachers and classmates. Every time I have asked that my student stay after for additional help it has happened. My kids are safe here and can learn, which equals to great school!

Posted June 11, 2014
I have lived in Crowley for 20 years so I have seen a change in the schools however this school is great. My student is in 2 Pre-AP classes and 2 regular classes and it is amazing. He has ADHD and the teachers are properly trained to deal with his issues. I have constant parent communication and always know what is going on. Many schools don't have a plan for students who are different learners and this school excels with theses students. They have a math specialist, a reading specialist, and a science specialist. They have a dyslexia teacher on staff that helps my son 4 days a week. If you have a student who is struggling or needs extra help there is no other school to send them to that will provide them more. If your student is gifted and my younger child is then they will also be challenged by the teachers to learn and grow. I like the fact that this school is not a cookie cutter school where everyone is the same. This school is diverse and there are all races of students and teachers, which exposes to students to many new experiences and cultures. I would recommend this school without any reservations.

Posted May 21, 2014
We just moved to Crowley in Feb of this year. I did a lot of research on the school my daughter would go to. I read a lot of reviews and was very worried at first. From what some of the parents said it did not sound like a good school. My daughter is in the 2nd grade, her teacher is Ms. Page, and I absolutely love this school!!! My daughter is doing great. On their family access site they have so much information for you about your child. I would recommend this school to anyone! I can not wait for my other daughter to start school here in the fall!

Sidney H Poynter 4

Posted June 04, 2013
The new principal at Poynter since 2011 has done so much better at school and curriculum, making Poynter a better school. My children and I love the hard working teachers at Poynter. They provide before and after school tutoring for children who need extra help and I can see the teachers really care about their students and their success. PTA have so many various events for the kids and school, it's something we look forward to, making Poynter even more fun place to get involved.

Sidney H Poynter 1

Posted May 23, 2013
This school is terrible. Bullying is rampant and the teachers do absolutely nothing about it, theft of students property is common, and the teachers are dismal. They routinely rank as academically unacceptable in testing. Communication is non existent.

Posted July 20, 2012
I just got hired at this school and I think this principal is going to accomplish wonderful things! I am looking forward to the 2012-2013 school year and cannot wait to see Poynter become great!

Sidney H Poynter 0

Posted January 05, 2010
I applaud Poynter Elementary for following the rules and guidelines set forth by the Crowley, ISD school board including the dress code. Discipline problems have decreased and test scores are on the rise. Bravo to the staff and administration of Poynter Elementary!

Sidney H Poynter 2

Posted April 16, 2009

Sidney H Poynter
521 Ashdale Drive, Fort Worth, TX  76140
Last modified Sidney H Poynter is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sidney H Poynter Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top