Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

My daughter was Bullied on the bus she was a Pre-K student and the school counsler treated her like she was lying. Instead of handling the issue they swept it under the rug. We took her to school the rest of the year. However I am really worried about the upcoming year cause my daughter has no choice but to have to ride the bus my husbands work hours conflict with her school hours and I currently don't drive

My daughter was in Mrs Batla's Pre-k class last year. Mrs. Batla was amazing. My daughter LOVED being in her class. Hoping the new school year is just as good. Reading other reviews and seeing that this school has a poor rating makes me want to home school her this year.

It's a shame that because of residential boundaries some of us are limited to this school. My complaint is also toward the principal. She doesn't seem to have any real genuine concern for the children's well being and her communication skills are lacking tremendously. And that's on a good day. We should be able to trust the judgment and handling of the people responsible for our kids while their at school. I've become increasingly uncomfortable and untrusting of the adults running this place. Actively searching for alternative options.

Worst school ever ....save your kids people if you want good quality education and atmosphere for your kids ......taking my son out as soon as i can he already got damaged enough academic and self steam wise zero star right here

Horrific pricipal is not there for the kids. She doesnt want a student council she doesnt care about the kids having extra activities pta cant do what they feel would be good for the school because of her stopping any and all fun and happiness my daughter was honor roll before this school now her grades suffer. The principal needs to go.

There seems to be a lot of neglect going on here starting with the principal. Shame.

This school is a joke. It seems like nobody has a clue what they're doing nor do they care. Teachers and staff just aren't what they use to be. I Had two children who attended this school who constantly told me about bullying and being ignored by their teachers when they asked for help or tried to inform them of a problem they witnessed or fell victim to. If possible, I'd advise parents to seek other options before settling for this place.

I am a public school administrator at another school. As a professional with over 15 years educating children I am confident students here are getting a great education. The math specialist is amazing and helps my student constantly. Every teacher we have encountered is professional and caring. The principal is doing great things here. I have observed top quality teaching going on. The online gradebook and communication tools keep me informed. The Texas accountability ratings just came out and Poynter earned the highest rating and an academic distinction in reading and ELA (and that isn't easy to do). This school and the intermediate it feeds into are both great schools with wonderful staff.

I am very impressed with this school. I have two students there that have attended school in Crowley since first grade. Every teacher has been amazing and my students have learned so much. My kids love reading and this comes from the school. I am impressed at the quality of work my students produce. Both of my students are way above grade level now and are challenged by their teachers and classmates. Every time I have asked that my student stay after for additional help it has happened. My kids are safe here and can learn, which equals to great school!

I have lived in Crowley for 20 years so I have seen a change in the schools however this school is great. My student is in 2 Pre-AP classes and 2 regular classes and it is amazing. He has ADHD and the teachers are properly trained to deal with his issues. I have constant parent communication and always know what is going on. Many schools don't have a plan for students who are different learners and this school excels with theses students. They have a math specialist, a reading specialist, and a science specialist. They have a dyslexia teacher on staff that helps my son 4 days a week. If you have a student who is struggling or needs extra help there is no other school to send them to that will provide them more. If your student is gifted and my younger child is then they will also be challenged by the teachers to learn and grow. I like the fact that this school is not a cookie cutter school where everyone is the same. This school is diverse and there are all races of students and teachers, which exposes to students to many new experiences and cultures. I would recommend this school without any reservations.

Last modified Sidney H Poynter is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.