Fort Worth, TX

Posted May 14, 2014
Prairie Vista has a relatively new principal with a background to handle any behavior problems. There is a distinct improvement. Academics is great and there are high expectations but teachers do make themselves available to help those who struggle. Extra Curricular activities are well rounded and you can find something that interests you to participate in. I do see that Wayside offers more in the way of dance and has higher expectations of the cheerleading squad. The football time at PV is good and coaches care about boys. Choir and band are both great programs with good direction. Wish they offered better dance and that cheer was more selective. The selective process starts in middle school and sets the expectation. If they emphasize excellence in middle school, it will effect the teams at Saginaw High School. Boswell Dance and Cheer is leaps and bounds ahead of Saginaw. Sad. They are losing the competitive girls to studio dance and all star cheer rather than keep them involved in school.

Prairie Vista 1

Posted January 12, 2014
I am a student at parire vista and thus school is good alslong as you hang out with good people but the kids are what get me into trouble the school doesn't really care about blacks and the ap is rude and fake

Posted September 20, 2013
best. Parents involvement is very high and I am not sure its the same case with other schools.

Posted September 20, 2013
My kids are doing great on academic as well as on sports. School staffs are so intelligent and helpful that i am delighted with their support to bring help my child come out of shell and explore intelligently.

Posted June 17, 2012
My children transferred to this school from another school in district. They love it! The teachers seem to really care. They have high expectations but offer tutorials more often to help the students achieve the high standards. I have received prompt responses when I have emailed teachers. The girls say the presence of teachers in the hallways during passing periods make them feel safe. My sixth grader has been contained mostly on one hallway and I like that he has a little time to transition before dealing with the big kids. I have not had any interactions with the administration other than them being friendly at open house functions. I read the previous post. Since I have twin daughters in the 8th grade with different teachers, I know for a fact that there are at least two math teachers. The school does not distribute textbooks to individual students but parents have the option to go to the school to check out a set. The information was in several syllabuses given at the beginning of the school year. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the teachers and high expectations of the school.

Prairie Vista 1

Posted February 10, 2012
This school has major problems. First, how can a school in an obviously wealthy area such as Saginaw not afford BOOKS? Football team equipment looks new, though ... Second, this school does not believe in homework. My child has not had to bring homework home for three years. This teaches the students that there is no extra effort required. If it can't be learned in the school day, "oh well." There is only one 8th grade math teacher? Unbelievable. This school needs to teach its students how to properly take notes and how to actually study to learn (and not for the "no child left behind" tests courtesy of Mr. Bush. Hey administrators, let's petition the federal government to get out of NCLB like some other states so that you can return to educating our children instead of teaching them tricks to do better on a standardized test. I have never been so ashamed of a school in this district, and I've lived here all my life. I am VERY disappointed and am no longer telling people that EMISD is a good district.

Prairie Vista 4

Posted June 30, 2011
My daughter attended this school in 2010-2011 after attending another middle school in the district where she was bullied. This school was more diverse and accepting of her. She performed better in the classroom and in athletics. The teachers were more open to communication via email and sufficient tutoring opportunities.

Prairie Vista 0

Posted April 30, 2010
Prairie Vista Is A Fine School. It Has Fine Teachers And The Improvements This Year Has Been Spectacular. There Are Still Some Issues Regarding Bullying Issues But All In All It Is Good. We Have A New Officer Who Motivates The Kids. We Have Had Rarely Any Fights This Year.

Posted January 18, 2009

Prairie Vista 3

Posted September 16, 2008

Prairie Vista
8000 Comanche Springs Drive, Fort Worth, TX  76131
Last modified Prairie Vista is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Vista Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top