Bad
Good

My son will be going into 7th grade this year. The teachers have been fantastic and my son is thriving and doing so well. The principal is wonderful and she is definately a strong leader and doing a phenominal job. My son was inducted into Junior Honors Society, Camp Goddard, UIL and participates in many after school clubs and activities. We have had nothing but great things to say about this school as well as the teachers and we look forward to our two other children attending Prairie Vista as well. Wonderful experience!

Prairie Vista has a relatively new principal with a background to handle any behavior problems. There is a distinct improvement. Academics is great and there are high expectations but teachers do make themselves available to help those who struggle. Extra Curricular activities are well rounded and you can find something that interests you to participate in. I do see that Wayside offers more in the way of dance and has higher expectations of the cheerleading squad. The football time at PV is good and coaches care about boys. Choir and band are both great programs with good direction. Wish they offered better dance and that cheer was more selective. The selective process starts in middle school and sets the expectation. If they emphasize excellence in middle school, it will effect the teams at Saginaw High School. Boswell Dance and Cheer is leaps and bounds ahead of Saginaw. Sad. They are losing the competitive girls to studio dance and all star cheer rather than keep them involved in school.

I am a student at parire vista and thus school is good alslong as you hang out with good people but the kids are what get me into trouble the school doesn't really care about blacks and the ap is rude and fake

best. Parents involvement is very high and I am not sure its the same case with other schools.

My kids are doing great on academic as well as on sports. School staffs are so intelligent and helpful that i am delighted with their support to bring help my child come out of shell and explore intelligently.

My children transferred to this school from another school in district. They love it! The teachers seem to really care. They have high expectations but offer tutorials more often to help the students achieve the high standards. I have received prompt responses when I have emailed teachers. The girls say the presence of teachers in the hallways during passing periods make them feel safe. My sixth grader has been contained mostly on one hallway and I like that he has a little time to transition before dealing with the big kids. I have not had any interactions with the administration other than them being friendly at open house functions. I read the previous post. Since I have twin daughters in the 8th grade with different teachers, I know for a fact that there are at least two math teachers. The school does not distribute textbooks to individual students but parents have the option to go to the school to check out a set. The information was in several syllabuses given at the beginning of the school year. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the teachers and high expectations of the school.

This school has major problems. First, how can a school in an obviously wealthy area such as Saginaw not afford BOOKS? Football team equipment looks new, though ... Second, this school does not believe in homework. My child has not had to bring homework home for three years. This teaches the students that there is no extra effort required. If it can't be learned in the school day, "oh well." There is only one 8th grade math teacher? Unbelievable. This school needs to teach its students how to properly take notes and how to actually study to learn (and not for the "no child left behind" tests courtesy of Mr. Bush. Hey administrators, let's petition the federal government to get out of NCLB like some other states so that you can return to educating our children instead of teaching them tricks to do better on a standardized test. I have never been so ashamed of a school in this district, and I've lived here all my life. I am VERY disappointed and am no longer telling people that EMISD is a good district.

My daughter attended this school in 2010-2011 after attending another middle school in the district where she was bullied. This school was more diverse and accepting of her. She performed better in the classroom and in athletics. The teachers were more open to communication via email and sufficient tutoring opportunities.

Prairie Vista Is A Fine School. It Has Fine Teachers And The Improvements This Year Has Been Spectacular. There Are Still Some Issues Regarding Bullying Issues But All In All It Is Good. We Have A New Officer Who Motivates The Kids. We Have Had Rarely Any Fights This Year.

Prairie Vista Middle School is not in any possible way to be called a school. My child has been interrogated by the assistant principles countless of times for no reason at all. The teachers and other employees working at Prairie Vista have no respect, no manors or any self- obediance what so ever. There are many bullies at Prairie Vista as like all schools but as my child tells me that hes seen someone getting 'pounded on' at school he had went to go to an adult there at the school but they had not done anything at all about it. How pathetic is a school to be like this. I'm never putting my children in this school ever again.

Last modified Prairie Vista is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.