Comanche Springs Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 609 students

Posted June 1, 2014

I love this school! If you want your children to experience success then this is the school. I first I was hesitate of the way school and teaching has changed. My daughter and son have both been more successful in the last two years than in their whole school experience. (2nd/4th) The principal pushes our kids to a new level. I questioned her approach to STEM at first but have seen a change in the learning environment. I would highly recommend this school! Thank you for making this a true experience!

Posted May 14, 2014

Comanche Springs is a family. My daughter is now in fifth grade and I can not imagine a better experience. Parent involvement at CSE is typical of a two parent working family. The PTA works hard and does an excellent job. The principal and assistance principal greet the children each morning and have always been available when I need help or have questions. The office staff is inviting and warm and I genuinely enjoy walking in the door. We have had excellent teachers and they genuinely love my child. The only negative I can say is that some of the fourth and fifth grade children lack a certain level of self discipline and the level of morality of some in unsettling but that is truly rooted to the parent. I believe CSE has prepared my daughter for middle school and we will miss our years at Comanche.

Posted October 8, 2013

If you want your child to succeed in life, then they should be attending Comanche Springs! The school principal, assistant principal, and all of the staff are working hard to provide a fun and exciting educational experience for all of the students. My children were not interested in going to school before Mrs. Maurer came on board last year. Now they are excited to attend school. All of the fundamental subjects are being taught in a way that gets kids interested in learning. Mrs. Maurer's vision for our school is preparing our students for the future. Anyone that feels that they are not informed about what is happening in the school should make an effort to be more involved. The school has a principal coffee every month that is open to all parents, the PTA has monthly meetings, and the teachers offer daily conference time. If you don't know what is going on in the school, then you are not trying very hard to be informed. We are our children's voice and it's our responsibility to stay informed. The principal and staff at Comanche Springs are always willing to talk with parents. They really care about all of the kids! My children will always attend Comanche Springs.

Posted October 8, 2013

I love this school! The principal and assistant principal are always in the hallways in the mornings greeting kids and always give my student a hug when we walk by! The work my kid does at school is a lot different than when I was in school, but anytime I question the principal about it (or the teachers), they are quick to respond and tell me about the reason they teach the way they do. I have been very happy here, and my child is in the 3rd grade! I hate that it's getting such bad reviews from other parents! We love Comanche Springs!!

Posted August 26, 2013

I hate to say it, but the new principal has halted progress in this school. My daughter has been there since Kindergarten, she is now in the 4th grade. The school used to have morning assemblies and felt more community based. The new principal is not personable, does not show an interest in school spirit, she seems a bit aloof to me. And you know what it shows. Comanche was an exemplary school, now it's average with no distinction. I was thinking of waiting until 5th grade to change districts, I'm definitely considering sooner.

Posted July 27, 2013

I'm in middle school now, but I used to go to Comanche springs. When I was 9. The school was great, but the lunches were not so great, but at this school I got to do more than the schools I went in Alaska, we had talent shows, so many fundraisers, trust me, if you want your child to go to a great school, Comanche springs, is the best choice you will ever make. Right now I'm 14 and I used to live in Texas, but if I was 9, and I didn't move back to Alaska, I would be at Comanche until it was time to go to middle school. Take your kids to Comanche, they will absolutely love it! I promise you that.

Posted December 29, 2012

Terrible! If you have a highly gifted-bright child or a child who needs special attention or care, your child is attending a wrong school. The teachers are very nice to average teacher-pleasure kids, but most teachers don't even try to help the kids with their struggles or weaknesses, when they already labeled these kids as problems in their classes. In my experiences, the teachers easily criticize and pass judgement rather than encourage and try to teach 'the trouble makers' to the right point. They minimize students' potentials and strengths, especially students' creativity and imagination. They never listen to the parents whose children have been already marked as troubles. Einstein said that 'imagination' is better than 'learning', but the teachers in this school keep children from imagining or being creative. Smart children suffer from working on too easy worksheets over and over again, and get scolded for getting bored and trying to entertain themselves. Their needs are never met, and just wasting time in this school. I know that most public school have the same problem, but I have three different elementary school experiences, and this Comanche Springs are the worst.

Posted December 10, 2011

Staff has high expectations for themselves and students! CSE is definitely preparing students for success.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 2, 2011

This school has been terrific (AND EXPLEMPLARY- its rating!). My son has attended since it opened and has just had to leave to attend middle school and I am sooo sad about that! We have had a wonderful experience and absolute excellent teachers (zero communication problems... don't get that!) Great school!

Posted May 24, 2011

I'm concerned with the recent reviews that have been left. I've read past reviews and I know I saw a few negative remarks and now they have dissapeared. Our experience with the school is much different then what has been said. The lack of communication in this school leaves a lot of room for improvement. I have asked for attention in certain areas and they haven't listened. Not to mention there are a few other people in the school that have problems and have asked for attention and not one has been taken care of. there are some good points to this school but right now I can't think of any. Good thing my child is almost finished with this school.

Posted May 3, 2011

I love this school.....My Daughter is in Kindergarten at Comanche and she loves it, the teachers are great, the staff is great. I don t have one complaint about this school. They really care about the students. My daughter has changed so much this year she has matured and improved so much since starting at Comanche.

Posted August 12, 2010

We transferred our son from Eagle Mountain Elementary and have been wowed by the amazing difference. From the principal down everyone has been very committed to the kids, making very personal efforts to give them the tools they need for success. Our son was not flourishing in the "mainstream" approach of the other school, but has made a dramatic improvement in his performance with just a little extra attention he wasn't getting before. The Resource teacher is to be applauded, so sorry to see her leave, but I have high hopes that the excellent standards in place will mean her successor will be as strong and caring. The communciation from the all the school staff has also been very helpful. This is a wonderful school with great stafff.

Posted June 27, 2010

Our neighborhood was rezoned to Comanche Springs from High Country 2 yrs ago. Our neighborhood went crazy & many put up a fight to stay. HC was overcrowded, the principal is not warm, & classes are overcrowded. Although we were afraid of the unknown, we went to Comanche Springs with a positive attitude. We just ended our second year at CS and we love everything about it. Our principal is WONDERFUL; the teachers are sweet, energetic, and creative. The parents and PTA work really well together UNLIKE HC where there was arguing and disorganization. Even the carpool line at CS is great. The class sizes are smaller at CS which probably won't last long but I am happy while it lasts. I didn't hate HC but I do believe things work out for the best as long as you have a positive attitude. Go Spurs!

Posted October 6, 2009

Comanche Springs is great school!! PTA is out of this world! Teachers and staff are work very well together.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

93 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

93 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

68 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

70 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

68 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

79 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

77 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

75 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students94%

Limited English proficient (LEP)80%
Proficient in English97%
Not migrant96%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students82%

Proficient in English69%
Not migrant69%
Not Gifted62%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 5% 4%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

8100 Comanche Springs Drive