Posted June 01, 2014
I love this school! If you want your children to experience success then this is the school. I first I was hesitate of the way school and teaching has changed. My daughter and son have both been more successful in the last two years than in their whole school experience. (2nd/4th) The principal pushes our kids to a new level. I questioned her approach to STEM at first but have seen a change in the learning environment. I would highly recommend this school! Thank you for making this a true experience!

Posted May 14, 2014
Comanche Springs is a family. My daughter is now in fifth grade and I can not imagine a better experience. Parent involvement at CSE is typical of a two parent working family. The PTA works hard and does an excellent job. The principal and assistance principal greet the children each morning and have always been available when I need help or have questions. The office staff is inviting and warm and I genuinely enjoy walking in the door. We have had excellent teachers and they genuinely love my child. The only negative I can say is that some of the fourth and fifth grade children lack a certain level of self discipline and the level of morality of some in unsettling but that is truly rooted to the parent. I believe CSE has prepared my daughter for middle school and we will miss our years at Comanche.

Posted October 08, 2013
If you want your child to succeed in life, then they should be attending Comanche Springs! The school principal, assistant principal, and all of the staff are working hard to provide a fun and exciting educational experience for all of the students. My children were not interested in going to school before Mrs. Maurer came on board last year. Now they are excited to attend school. All of the fundamental subjects are being taught in a way that gets kids interested in learning. Mrs. Maurer's vision for our school is preparing our students for the future. Anyone that feels that they are not informed about what is happening in the school should make an effort to be more involved. The school has a principal coffee every month that is open to all parents, the PTA has monthly meetings, and the teachers offer daily conference time. If you don't know what is going on in the school, then you are not trying very hard to be informed. We are our children's voice and it's our responsibility to stay informed. The principal and staff at Comanche Springs are always willing to talk with parents. They really care about all of the kids! My children will always attend Comanche Springs.

Posted October 08, 2013
I love this school! The principal and assistant principal are always in the hallways in the mornings greeting kids and always give my student a hug when we walk by! The work my kid does at school is a lot different than when I was in school, but anytime I question the principal about it (or the teachers), they are quick to respond and tell me about the reason they teach the way they do. I have been very happy here, and my child is in the 3rd grade! I hate that it's getting such bad reviews from other parents! We love Comanche Springs!!

Comanche Springs Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2013
I hate to say it, but the new principal has halted progress in this school. My daughter has been there since Kindergarten, she is now in the 4th grade. The school used to have morning assemblies and felt more community based. The new principal is not personable, does not show an interest in school spirit, she seems a bit aloof to me. And you know what it shows. Comanche was an exemplary school, now it's average with no distinction. I was thinking of waiting until 5th grade to change districts, I'm definitely considering sooner.

Posted July 27, 2013
I'm in middle school now, but I used to go to Comanche springs. When I was 9. The school was great, but the lunches were not so great, but at this school I got to do more than the schools I went in Alaska, we had talent shows, so many fundraisers, trust me, if you want your child to go to a great school, Comanche springs, is the best choice you will ever make. Right now I'm 14 and I used to live in Texas, but if I was 9, and I didn't move back to Alaska, I would be at Comanche until it was time to go to middle school. Take your kids to Comanche, they will absolutely love it! I promise you that.

Comanche Springs Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2012
Terrible! If you have a highly gifted-bright child or a child who needs special attention or care, your child is attending a wrong school. The teachers are very nice to average teacher-pleasure kids, but most teachers don't even try to help the kids with their struggles or weaknesses, when they already labeled these kids as problems in their classes. In my experiences, the teachers easily criticize and pass judgement rather than encourage and try to teach 'the trouble makers' to the right point. They minimize students' potentials and strengths, especially students' creativity and imagination. They never listen to the parents whose children have been already marked as troubles. Einstein said that 'imagination' is better than 'learning', but the teachers in this school keep children from imagining or being creative. Smart children suffer from working on too easy worksheets over and over again, and get scolded for getting bored and trying to entertain themselves. Their needs are never met, and just wasting time in this school. I know that most public school have the same problem, but I have three different elementary school experiences, and this Comanche Springs are the worst.

Posted December 10, 2011
Staff has high expectations for themselves and students! CSE is definitely preparing students for success.

Posted September 02, 2011
This school has been terrific (AND EXPLEMPLARY- its rating!). My son has attended since it opened and has just had to leave to attend middle school and I am sooo sad about that! We have had a wonderful experience and absolute excellent teachers (zero communication problems... don't get that!) Great school!

Comanche Springs Elementary School 2

Posted May 24, 2011
I'm concerned with the recent reviews that have been left. I've read past reviews and I know I saw a few negative remarks and now they have dissapeared. Our experience with the school is much different then what has been said. The lack of communication in this school leaves a lot of room for improvement. I have asked for attention in certain areas and they haven't listened. Not to mention there are a few other people in the school that have problems and have asked for attention and not one has been taken care of. there are some good points to this school but right now I can't think of any. Good thing my child is almost finished with this school.

Comanche Springs Elementary School
8100 Comanche Springs Drive, Fort Worth, TX  76131
Last modified Comanche Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Comanche Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top