Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2011
We have been at this school for 4 years now and my opinion has changed dramatically these last 2 years. We loved the school, the teachers, the arts very much the first 2 years. It all seemed balanced and worked together great. But now the academics are starting are suffering greatly! As they get older the material gets more difficult and needs more attention and time and that is definitely not happening. The teachers do not work with the students and parents concerning these problems, they are just pushed to the side or ignored completely. It is very sad becuase I thought I found a great school my daughter could stay at until a senior but now I am faced with the dilemma of finding a better school for highschool so that my daughter will be educated.

Posted October 31, 2010
FWAFA is fabulous because the teachers and administration make such an effort to know all of the children. Our children are made to feel special...no child is just another "number"; they have their own names, their own talents, their own needs. The fine arts teachers are fantastic and our daughter has learned so much from them. We were concerned that she would suffer academically because the day has to be shared with the fine arts, but the opposite is true. FWAFA has very dedicated academic teachers who go above and beyond to keep our kids on a high level of learning. They also learn to support each other, even when they compete against each other for parts in a play, or positions in school activities. I cannot say enough good things about this school!

Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Excellent Fine Arts program balanced with great Staff and Academics. Students have fun while learning and are allowed to share acting, singing, art and dance with other talented students and teachers.

Posted September 15, 2009
This is the first year that my daughter has attended FWAFA and is a 9th grader. She loves it! There is a lot of homework but I think that would be the case anywhere going from Middle School to High School. They are committed to offering a quality education that balances the arts and high academics. I was so pleased to hear that FWAFA ranked 6th in the Top 20 High Schools in the greater Dallas Area based on a study that was published in the Dallas Morning News on September 13th. Also excited to see that FWAFA 7-12 received and Exemplary Rating from TEA. We feel blessed that she was selected to attend FWAFA!

Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2009
I am not sure about the high school level, but I have not been impressed at all with the elementary academics. Not that so much the teachers are always to blame, but they are trying to cram so much into one day, the kids barely have time to stick to one concept before jumping to another. It is stressful. They lack in subjects to fill in for the fine arts. They seem to only do what is necessary for TAKS testing.

Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2008
The school lacks a lot of consistency. The principal is indeed makes his decision based off what the PTO thinks. He does not stand on his own and I think the students are who suffer for his lack of leadership.

Posted July 31, 2007

Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Elementary School
3901 South Hulen Street, Fort Worth, TX  76109
Last modified Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Worth Academy Of Fine Arts Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top