Bad
Good

I love Lake Pointe elementary!! The front office, assistant principal and teachers are wonderful. The communication with parents is top notch and the safety and security of the school is awesome!!! Happy Parent

Lake Pointe is a great school! The teachers, secretaries, and principles are all amazing. My son is a 5th grader with special needs and I could not be more pleased with the help and encouragement we get from the teachers and administrators. We have been at this school since Kindergarten and have had nothing but exceptional teachers.

K-2nd grade has an average of 20+ kids per class with one teacher. 4th-5th has 26+ kids per class. Math curriculum they us is Pearson Investigations which is a Common Core curriculum. Be aware of what they are teaching your children and research everything.

We moved into EMSISD because we heard of the great schools. I really wanted my son to go to Bryson. We were denied a in district transfer and where sent to LPE. From the 1st time we walked in the door they have been nothing short of AMAZING. They have walked me through every step of the way including getting my child in special education. The principal has been by my side and helped us through every step. She is always there to talk and is truly there for the students. I trust her with my kid 100%. The special education teacher is also fabulous. She will call me at night to discuss what ideas she has to better improve my son's education and vise versa. She loves my kid like he was her own. I would recommend Lake Pointe to anybody.

I am extremely disappointed in this school. We moved here last year and my daughter is in Kindergarten. She has been bullied and picked on from Day 1. I have contacted administration about it and nothing has been done. Kindergarten is supposed to be fun! My poor child has nightmares and is very unhappy. She came home with a red eye; told me she was punched by a boy and she reported it. Again, administration did nothing. They are very strict on tardiness and absentees; if the child is 1 minute late, they are tardy and threatened with court punishment (for me). Mention the word "bullying" and their heads spin like the Exorcist but when it happens, they do nothing about it. I asked the counselor to sit with her and try to talk through her issues; I got a "She won't talk to me, so I can't help her" REALLY??!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY DAUGHTER TO BE DONE WITH SCHOOL! She will not return to Lake Pointe.

I really wanted to be happy with Lake Pointe. We moved to the area in the middle of the 2010-2011 school year, and I had heard only great things about the school. So when the first issue arose, with my son and his teacher, I was hopeful that it could be handled in a way that helped everyone involved. This was not the case. It was not addressed as it should be and the administration put my son on the spot and forced him to confront the teacher in a sit down meeting in the principal's office. Instead of resolution, my son was left in the same position but now afraid to speak up if there is an issue. I would say the teaching staff is mediocre at best, and do not have the students' best interest at heart. The administration backs the teachers, but not the students OR parents. It may be on lock down for safety, but neither of my children felt this school was a safe place. They did not trust their teachers which is an awful sign of what is going on. We have recently transferred to another school and to say that a huge weight has been lifted is an understatement. The superintendent is my next stop regarding the operation of this school.

We moved to Texas from Arizona, and I was worried about my son's transition. He is in 3rd grade, and LOVES the school. Everyone is very nice, and helpful. They have my son's academic success as top priority, which is refreshing as a parent. We couldn't be happier with the school, and I can't wait until my preschooler is old enough to attend kindergarten there!!

I made many visits to this Elementary School during my high school years. I was in a class called ready set teach we had to get a feel for the teaching world with that we visited elementary schools during the class and this one was my favorite. I enjoyed every visit that I made the staff was very friendly. Since it is a new school the school is built to keep the children safe at all times for example the only door that can be opened from the outside is the door at the front of the school, every visitor must go to the front before getting anywhere in the school. I sat in many classrooms and over all the teachers do a great job of managing the classrooms and had many great and new ideas of learning activities that the children loved.

My daughter recently finished Kindergarten at Lake Pointe and so far, this has been a wonderful experience for her and our family. We are extremely excited for First Grade at Lake Pointe!

I have to disagree with the parent who said that there was no homework and preparation!!! My child has always had homework and all of her teachers have always tried to prepare her for the next grade. Lake Pointe is an awesome school and it sounds more like that parent had an ax to grind. The thing that stands out about Lake Pointe is its teaching staff. They are a great group of educators!

Last modified Lake Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.