Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Our oldest son attended all six years at Northbrook and had an excellent experience. Our second son will be attending 3rd grade this year. Both children have excelled in all subjects and been involved in PACE and many other academic activities. We look forward to our third child also attending Northbrook. The teachers are wonderful, caring and have always gone above and beyond with our children. Way to go Northbrook!

I LOVE my kids school, especially the teachers. I have 2, a 1st and a 2nd grader. We have had nothing but excellent experiences at Northbrook. They have stopped the dual language program for new students due to budge cuts, and all ESL kids are now in one classroom together instead of having 2 classes of half ESL and half native English speakers. We have friends in the dual language classes and they love it. I have one child in the gifted program called PACE. That is an AMAZING program. The kids go for 90 minutes once a week and learn about all sorts of cool things like the Terracotta Warriors in China. My kids are excited to go to school every day and feel like their teachers are a part of their family. Even the teachers they are no assigned to know their names and encourage them. I can't say enough about how wonderful they are.

My child attends this school since first grade. He is fully bilingual and We wanted him to reinforce that. Plus, he is also in the gifted program. So, I feel really sorry about the parent who things his/her child is behind because of the diversity of this school, instead of taking advantage of the opportunity to interact and learn from different cultures. Maybe the hands of the teachers are "tired" (as per our fellow parent) because of the other children who do not want to be part of it. The teachers and administrative personnel are very approachable and friendly. However, I do believe that discipline has to be reinforce with stronger consequences for the ones that misbehave .

My kids have gone here since the school opened 4 years ago. They started with the bilingual project in kindergarten. In these classes they are taught in both Spanish AND English. It is a voluntary program. These classes are pulling some of the highest grades in their school. The spanish and vietnamese speaking students aren't holding anyone back. This school is the only reason we haven't moved out of state yet.

LOL@ the reviewer below. If you want a real idea of the level of education at this school then go to the Texas Education Agency website or google 2011 Accountability Ratings and search by district then by school. Northbrook is RECOGNIZED which means that OVER 75 of the students excelled on TAKS tests and other forms of knowledge assessments. So, obviously the vietnamese and spanish speaking children are not putting the school behind in education.. maybe the backwoods hill billy who posted that thinks of ethnicity as a way to identify a childs intelligence. I also know many primarily WHITE schools who are way behind in education such as Basswood Elementary in Keller ISD which is only rated academically acceptable (not good.)

This is a nice new school to look at. If you want your children educated send them somewhere else. Most the school speaks Spanish or Vietnamese. My kids are suffering because the other children are still learning to speak English. The teacher really want to help but their hands are tired due to the influx of non-English speaking students.

The teachers at this school are awesome. They are very family oriented and really care about the kids.

My daughter goes to Kindergarten here.It's a new school started in 2008.The teachers are very sweet.Principal of this school is very good and approachable. My daughter loves to go to this school,she is learning a lot about science by the fun way.

Last modified Northbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.