Fort Worth, TX

Posted September 09, 2014
Meadowcreek is an absolute joke. My son has been sent home for lack of immunizations, which he had. I took him on a Friday and made sure and got a new copy of his shot records. I had him turn them in the following Monday. The nurse called me and I explained to her that his teacher had to have the record. We have nothing she said, so I went to the school and asked to speak with the teacher and imagine that she doesn't have time to speak with me my son isn't a priority, so I am told I have to take him home. Now I'm mad so we go back to the health department to get another copy. So on our way the school calls and says oh, we found his shot record. He can come back. They counted him absent after being there til 12:45 then say it may not be excused because of shots...beware some teachers don't care about your kid. What ever happened to no kid left behind.

Posted May 10, 2014
i went to this school went they 1st opened the door Mary Harris was there she was wonderful....if anyone knows a Jason Murphy please add me...

Posted March 21, 2014
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL AND DR. MORGAN AND THE FRIENDLY STAFF IN THE OFFICE. THIS SCHOOL IS EXACTLY WHAT MY DAUGHTER NEEDED - AND I HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPARE IT TO- YOU GO MEADOWCREEK AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. DR. MORGAN CONTINUES TO SEE TO EVERY NEED OF MY CHILD AND HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL- SHE EVEN GAVE A TOUR ON OUR FIRST DAY- I HOPE THINGS CONTINUE TO GO UP UP AND UP HANG IN THERE MEADOWCREEK!!!

Meadowcreek Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2013
My daughter attended Meadowcreek for pre-k and kindergarten and my husband and I have decided for her not to return next year. Though she did learn, I didn't feel as though she was being challenged enough. Several times she complained to us about disruptive and mean children in her classroom. There isn't nearly enough parent involvement and they are very limited in art programs. On two different occasions, I personally turned in money to staff in the front office for fund raisers my daughter participated in only for them to turn around and send letters home saying she owed money. With exception of a few teachers and administrators the staff is unfriendly and rude. Definitely wouldn't recommend this school to anyone!

Meadowcreek Elementary School 4

Posted July 04, 2013
I have read many comments about Meadowcreek Elementary. While there is truth in some of these things, I believe our staff is solid. In fact, I have never before worked in such a caring environment. However, just as I have never seen such a group of supporting teachers, I have also never seen so many disrespectful students (a minority) who hurt the learning chances of their peers (the majority) and parents who do not respond to teachers when they do call. The few ruin it for the rest. Unfortunately, our society now says it is no longer the parents' job to teach their children discipline, manners, and respect. Every year, I have to teach my students to say "please" and "thank you". This is unacceptable. I learned these things from my parents. My parents never waited until I was in school and certainly never expected the teacher to teach me these things. I encourage all parents to work with their child's teacher. People at our school genuinely want the best for your son or daughter. They are also very busy just as you are. Be patient, but make sure you are doing your part as well. Best wishes!

Posted March 08, 2012
A few years ago, this school got a new principle and some new teachers and things started changing for the better. Some time through the middle of the 2010-2011 school year it seemed like they all just gave up. They don't interact with the parent unless it's them telling you how bad your child was that day. When you call about the concerns your having, your lucky to get a call back. Usually in a week or two, whatever is best for them. Academically, it's not that great either. Several of the teachers can't seem to stay on task and the only thing they're worried about is the kids passing the standerized test. Math & reading (which is very important) is taught 90% of the time. All other subjects are taught 2-3 times in a 6-week period. For 6 years I have given this school my support, always thinking things will get better, but sadly it's a lost cause!

Meadowcreek Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2011
The first year my child was in School the teacher reguarly sent home on a daily basis the progress of how my child was doing both in conduct and academics. Now we rarely receive any notification from the teacher until the last minute or until things have escalated. This school to me has been on a serious decline in the last two school years.

Posted April 20, 2011
The administration are insensitve to parents and in fact have. On more than one ocasion refused to meet and discuss concerns. they schedule meetings and cancel at the last minute

Posted June 03, 2008
We've been with this school for 13 years and have recently (last 3years) noticed that things have gone from bad to worse. There seems to be less communication between the school and parents. In the past this was a WONDERFUL school and the student, parents and teachers were proud to be part of this school. But it seems that the district in general has grown too fast and has lost control of things. student and parent are not as respectful or willing to follow school policies. More parents need to be involved and teach their children to respect others and work to make their school one of the best in the district AGAIN . The district needs to buckle down and be aware of what is going on in each school. Zero tolerence should be that and not be ignored by the teachers,students, principles, staff members or parents. GET INVOLVED NOW!

Posted November 02, 2007
Last year my daughter went to a private school in Fort Worth for the 2nd grade. I was not happy at all with the public school. We wanted to put her back into public school, for a total of 5 months I did research on the schools in the area. After all the research we found Meadowcreek to be the #1 on paper, comp etc. We decided to move to Bedford so she could go to school there. We have been so happy with the decision. Meadowcreek has been wonderful for our family and our daughter. Now is #1 in person. She is in the 3rd grade and her teacher is most excellent! Thank you to the staff and to Mrs. Casstevens. :0)

Meadowcreek Elementary School
2801 Country Creek Lane, Fort Worth, TX  76123
Last modified Meadowcreek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadowcreek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top