Fort Worth, TX

Jackie Carden Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2014
Jackie Carden is a wonderful Elementary School. They have some of the best teachers that really care a lot about their students. Some of the kids there can be a bit challenging but the staff seems to put forth great effort to weed out trouble makers to ensure that your child has a positive and uninterrupted learning experience. The Principal and VP leadership is adequate however you may have to put a fire under them now and then. At the end of the day they all seem to work hard to create an environment where students are excited to learn. I feel more homework so that parents are aware and can help emphasize the lessons would help, a more challenging curriculum for kids that are well above average but below gifted would be helpful as my daughter fits into that category and mostly just sits around bored all day in Kindergarten. I do get the vibe that the behavior color the kids bring home is emphasized as more important than their actual grade because my kids come home saying "I got a green today!" instead of "I got an A+ today!".I have put 3 of my 4 kids through Jackie Carden, individual results may vary but for me I see it as a good school and look forward to my newborn going also.

Posted September 09, 2010
My son attends this school and I can't believe how AWFUL it is. I do not have one good thing to say about this school. The teachers that he has had all say that he is very smart but, they do nothing to challenge him. They are just dragging him down. I feel that this school is a dreadful place. I feel dissapointed every day that I have to send my son to this school. They don't have good leadership and the children that are fast learners get treated as if they are an annoyance. There is nothing that can be done about it because talking with the teachers doesn't work. I would not recomend this school to anyone. We are doing everything that we can to get our son out of this school!!!!

Posted January 20, 2010
Please dont let your child go to this school. You will be disappointed in the leadership, lack of discipline, overall school moral, and will hurt your child academically. It wont do any good trying to talk to the principle either, she has a closed door policy (just ask the teachers off the record and they will tell you). Dont read the reviews that are years old, read the new ones and you'll see that everyone is disappointed.

Posted January 28, 2009
A few years ago we moved to Fort Worth and Jackie Carden was the school they were required to attend. My daughter attended only her 4th grade year and her TAKS scores dropped from the previous year. She received commended performance in both the reading and math portions just a year before, but after attending Jackie Carden she failed the reading portion and had an average score in math. Students are not encouraged to seek out additional help or tutoring outside of school hours. The school also does not encourage parental involvement nor do they give you many opportunities to be involved other than when they need assistance with supervision for school trips/functions. The best part of this school are the teachers. We have since relocated back to the school district she was previously at and she once again received commended performance in reading and math. Obviously Jackie Carden lacks academically.

Jackie Carden Elementary School 3

Posted January 09, 2008
The teaching staff at this school is wonderful. That is about the only good thing about it. My son is not challenged at all, rarely if at all has homework. He is bored, and most of the day is spent dealing with behavioral issues instead of education. Although the school and counselor state they have a great policy about bullying, it does not stop. I have never seen or heard anything out of the principal, and parental involvement at this school is discouraged. I am not impressed, and will be moving to another district ASAP.

Posted November 14, 2007

Jackie Carden Elementary School 5

Posted April 27, 2007

Jackie Carden Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2007

Jackie Carden Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2006
The teachers my child has been blessed with at Jackie Carden are truly the backbone of this school. They care about the kids and are involved with getting them to learn. That said, the leadership at this school is below average at best. They discourage any parent involvement as bothersome. I will be moving out of this schools district as soon as I can!

Jackie Carden Elementary School 4

Posted June 17, 2006

Jackie Carden Elementary School
3701 Garden Springs Drive, Fort Worth, TX  76123
Last modified Jackie Carden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackie Carden Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top