Posted April 10, 2014
This school is out of control, and it starts at the top. The school board likes to just replace the administration from bad to worse. There is no PTA, and parent involvement is discouraged. The teachers are over worked and battered by their bosses and the students have no advocates. Bullying and poor behavior is condoned, gifted and talented kids are left by the wayside. We transferred out.. Oh and the principal loves to blame the ethnicity of the school for it's problems.

Posted May 06, 2013
I've been waiting for this school to get better but I am not seeing any improvement. It's not all the school's fault. This school has WAY to many kids. The teachers have a few too many kids in each classroom. Poor teachers. These teachers deserve a high recognition. My children have had several teachers in this school and they were all wonderful teachers! If your child has a special need I wouldn't recommend this school. I have met several parents that wish this school would offer a more special ed services. A friend of mine has an autisitic son and this school wouldn't even provide a bus for him to go to a public school that would provide the services he needs. All they did for him was put him in speech and occupational therapy. They didn't even give him a teacher that would follow him around so he could get the one on one teaching that he needs. This friend of mine has now moved districts so her son is now receiving the education he needs and deserves.

Parkway Elementary School 2

Posted July 21, 2012
This school has SOME good teachers in this school. Everytime I visited the school there was always a teacher over reacting about silly stuff but when it was something more serious they would get the asst. principle would just make the kids that misbehaved follow him around all day. there was no detention or anything for those kids. The Principle was always coming and going. I felt like she wasn't there enough to know what the heck was going on with HER own school. The poor teachers had to deal with crazy kids and crazy expectations from the administrators. They always change something and add more work on top of the teachers trying their best to provide the best for our kids. If I didn't have to send my kids here...I WOULDN'T.

Posted July 06, 2010
There is no PTA at this school. There were hardly any special activities outside of the school day. There is very little parental involvement. This school has major discipline problems. The teachers have to spend a lot of time integrating discipline into the curriculum. The teachers and administration seem to be trying hard but they have their hands full. We weren't happy with the quality of education and chose to move out of the area.

Parkway Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2010
My son just completed Kindergarten at Parkway - his teacher was absolutely wonderful. My son's reading and math skills have greatly developed since the start of the school year. He teacher has prepared him well for the first grade. The school overall is about average - not because of the school administration and staff but because of the people moving into the community. The community around Parkway has declined over the years. There is a new home developement around Parkway, but many of the older homes are rented in the area. We have recently moved out of the area because of the decline in the community.

Parkway Elementary School 0

Posted August 08, 2009
I am a new teacher at this school and am very impressed with the administration and faculty. I see a very involved group of people, who truly love these children. I am proud to be part of this school.

Parkway Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2009
I am a new teacher at this school and was told that at one time this school was very hard to work at or attend. However, it has a wonderful new staff who loves the children very much! I couldn't think of a better place to work and will be sad when I have to leave! The student at our school need a lot of love and parent support whether it is from their parent or other parents at the school!

Parkway Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted June 05, 2008
The students are very unruly. There is a lot of bullying by the students in this school and most of the teachers don't do anything about it. I was in fear of my childrens well being so I withdrew them from this school.

Posted January 09, 2008

Parkway Elementary School
1320 West Everman Parkway, Fort Worth, TX  76134
Last modified Parkway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkway Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top