North Crowley High School

Public | 9-12 | 1758 students

Posted May 27, 2014

I am a graduate of 2013, and my experience wasn't pleasant. I admit that the school have improved since my sophomore year, but a lot of the problems remained. the teachers I received were mostly powerless to teach us in a way that we could benefit, whether its because of the curriculum is forcing them to teach stagnant lessons or a few student's behavior. and by the end of the year those who at least tried to get something out of it give up.

Posted May 25, 2014

I am a graduating Senior at North Crowley High School and I have to agree with the majority of the reviews I have read so far. The majority of the teachers at this school either have no idea how to teach or don't care whether the students learn or not. I always hear people saying they wish they attended a Crowley school because the academics are good and it's in a "good area" but the area seems to be getting worse and worse. North Crowley looks nice and shiny on the outside but the inside is filled with nothing but cramped hallways, annoying Assistant Principals, and teachers who care more about dress code than they do education. I think it is very sad that during the 2012-2013 school year, North Crowley had their first pep-rally in nearly 7 years. There is absolutely no school spirit. It is safe to say that I wish I could have spent my high school years at a different school, however; I do wish the best to all the upcoming students and especially the rising seniors.

Posted May 23, 2014

North Crowley has been a blessing to Tarrant county. Students are friendly and super smart and talented. The teachers and staff are dedicated to student success. The administrators are among the friendliest and most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of working with and knowing. Oh . . . and Java City rules! Go Panthers!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 9, 2014

As a student of NCHS, I would say that it's not that great. Some of the teachers don't care at all about teaching and as a result the students don't learn anything. However, there are one or two teachers who are absolutely amazing and know what they are doing. Cheating is also extremely prevalent in this school. This school has no orchestra or Academic UIL Programs which is disappointing. It would also be nice if we had clubs such as Whiz Quiz or TMSCA that allowed us to enter in academic competitions.

Posted April 15, 2014

i liked attending this school very much the teachers were excellent and i loved the experience!

Posted March 18, 2014

North Crowley High School is the worse school my children have attended! When we moved here four years ago I thought after coming from Everman North Crowley would be a much better educational service to my children. Boy was I wrong! You have teachers fighting students, coaches bullying athletes and with holding mail from colleges to the athletes. More so it seems that the dress code means more than the education! The kids can sag as long as the color of their shirt is right! We have tried to tuff it out, but even though our son will be a senior next year we are moving! This school is doing a great injustice to the students of this so called educational system.This year a male teacher jumped at my senior daughter in an aggressive manner in the name of joking with her. We reported him and all that happened was the teacher was "talked to" and my daughter was moved to a different class. It saddens me that we stayed this long. We have a daughter that will be graduating in June and feel that she did not get to experience the true feel of high school. She feels more like she was in prison than school! Needless to say, we are selling our home and getting far away from this area!

Posted August 23, 2013

I graduated from this school and loved it. People over exaggerate on things around here. The average home around here is 175,000-300,000..... Great area just some need an attitude change.

Posted January 2, 2012

I can't wait to graduate this jail prisoned school because,the lunch lines are too long, the teachers care only about our strict dress code and not enough about education while others do, some of the teachers can't control the class because it's so loud in the class,the bathrooms are nasty and their is toilet paper on the floors while its not flushed, the principal is nice but all of our privilages have been taken away like early dissmal if a few kids are fighting they want to give everybody punishment coming from a student parents don't bring your kid here you guys will both hate it

Posted August 8, 2011

I'm graduating this year, and I have to say I'm extremely happy to get out of this ridiculous school. The teachers could care less if you succeed or not, the lunch lines are huuuuuge to the point where you can't get your lunch. Just awful. And the dress code. The dress code is strict, and the colors that we can wear are so hideous and boring. It also isn't even clean! Bullying is ignored by teachers. That was a major thing I had a problem about. The test averages of our school is horrendous. The teachers can't teach because they can't control the class. Awful. Coming from a student, please parents don't bring your children here. You and your child won't be happy.

Posted July 5, 2011

I believe that the quality of this school has gone down a great deal from when it first opened. Stricter guidelines and more security is needed.

Posted August 31, 2010

As a teacher, I find it very frustrating that many of the problems we have in class DO NOT LIVE IN THE DISTRICT. I bring this to the administration's attention with viable proof and they tell me that it is not my job to check addresses but to teach. If these are the same children who are keeping me from teaching and the other kids from learning, don't you think something should be done? Other districts check residences and don't have this problem. Why does Crowley?
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 12, 2009

I graduated from North Crowley in the class of 2009 and I believe that North Crowley is a good public school. If a student puts forth effort in making good grades and making the most out of their time at North Crowley, then they will be fine. There has been a problem recently with teacher lay-offs, meaning teachers will probably have more to deal with in the class rooms. This could cause problems as i'm sure the district knows. I also did not like the standardized dress code. It was a hassle only being able to wear one type of shirt in six mundane colors. At the end of the day, North Crowley is your typical public school... Not great, not horrible.

Posted July 29, 2009

North Crowley is a school that has quite a lot of pros and cons. I am a student who works hard for every grade i earn, and I do so with minimal help from teachers and staff. They not only have faculty that could care less about the students welfare, but also teachers who serve as more of a distraction then any help. Extra-curricular activities, like any school, may overlap and conflict but the head-staff seldom does anything to accommodate their students and student athletes. That as a student is very discouraging and frustrating as well. There is a lot of emphasizing on dress code, which at times is understandable, but more times than not, distracting. I as a student have been withheld from core classes because my shirt was the wrong shade of green. Then I was foolish enough to believe school was for an education not fashion, now know.

Posted July 16, 2009

North crowley is a very good school to come to academic wise and it would look really good on your college application but its not a school you would enjoy. I cant remember the last time they had any thing fun planned for the kids besides the year around talent show. Its like a prison camp. Kids are so afraid to do anything out of the routine and some seniors say that prom is even boring and thats sad all they seem to care about is if your shirt is tucked in do you have your id and are you doing what i say do. What a way to spend your 4 years of high school with nothing exciting ever happening but all you can remember is how good of grades i made and how north crowley would look on your college application thats all good but what about the fun!

Posted June 13, 2009

This school is truly wonderful! The teachers are very insistent on making sure the students learn a lot, especially at the AP level. Test scores at the AP level are consistently high due to preparation. There are many fantastic extracurricular and competition activities available, before and after school.

Posted December 14, 2008

My daughter gets good grades but I assure you it is not because of the school or the teachers. Most of the teachers do not care or even support the kids that really want to learn and alot of that is they have no control over the kids it is more like the kids are running the class which is really sad. We moved here from CA and my daughter was in advanced classes and Gate, but here she gets good grades but she struggles she can't get any help from her teachers and that panther thing they have after school is a joke.

Posted November 25, 2008

I would give the school 3 stars. My child has a 4.1 but it is due to her efforts not the teachers. The academic teachers have a few teachers who don't care about teaching but the performing arts teachers put out an extraordinary effort to teaching the kids high standards. The school recently hosted a Region Choir UIL and I was disappointed and embarassed that the school Principal didn't care enough about the school's reputation to have the bathrooms cleaned up in the areas where students and judges would be located. They were disgusting and it didn't go unnoticed by our guests. Shame on you NC for not caring!

Posted November 25, 2008

I came from a school that had high academic credintials. Unfortunatley, my parents built a new house in Crowley ISD. I had no choice but to move. I started when I was a sophomore, and a I am now a senior. I have to say, since I began attending North Crowley my GPA dropped from a 3.875 to a 2.8 in one semeseter. I have successfully brought it up, although it won't be where it use to be. All I'm saying is it's harder to learn when teachers are more concerned with dress code than teaching.

Posted November 9, 2008

I am currently a 11th grader at NCHS from a students prospective I am not satiscfied with school, I feel like my teachers dont really support me,they arent teaching me,and some of my teachers dont care .I had a teacher last year I didnt even see till the 2nd week of school. he was there in the school he was just in the teachers class next door talking about the football team, mean while we were left to do busy work and were never tought how to do. half way through the year he still didnt know my name cause he was never there in class with his students.The only time he ever spoke to me was for dress code he was only concerened about what I wearing not if was learning.The class was failing when I asked for a new teacher I was denied by my principle.

Posted October 21, 2008

I love nchs.- Of course we have our good days and our bad other than that it is a great school striving for excellents. I play basketball and believe they put education first gooooooo panthers!!! 08 state basketball champs

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

57 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

52 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

539 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

535 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

536 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

536 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

465 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

464 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

459 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

462 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students92%

Economically disadvantaged97%
Special education81%
Limited English proficient (LEP)82%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

466 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

540 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

540 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

233 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

283 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

5 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

537 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 1%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

9100 South Hulen Street