Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I graduated in the Spring of 2015 from North Crowley High School and, let me tell you, it was a relief. My experience at this school was mixed at best. Going into things, I was extremely optimistic but my mood soon turned sour. The 9th grade campus is a huge mess. The teachers are less than thrilled to be there and dress code, at the time I was there in 2011, was their main concern. While I was a very well behaved student, I spent many days in ISS for dresscode violations which seemed to be more important than my ability to learn. I was bullied severely on that campus and my teacher in one class did nothing about it, just watched it happen, because he was a coach and the bullies were his players. Their ability to play was more important than my well being. When I got to the main campus, I thought that surely things couldn't get any worse. I was, of course, mistaken. That year I was again dealing with teachers who couldn't control their students and one teacher who wasn't even equipped to teach the Pre-AP class he'd been assigned. One year I'd asked for a locker because I had a lot of textbooks and it took them weeks to get it to me meanwhile I'm stuck with a backpack heavy enough that I nearly fell down the stairs. One thing I enjoyed for a while was that they split things up between 'A' days and 'B' days where you'd have four periods a day, each an hour and a half long and they would alternate between each day. It gave time for teachers to go over things in depth and for students to get a head start on their work. When they took that away, everything got squished together with periods cut in half and eight periods a day instead of 4. They had a good thing going and they threw it out the window or, rather, the district did which is a shame. I loved the administration at the main campus and I had a really good relationship with them. I was always able to go to them when I had a problem and they were the ones that finally put my bullying to rest. The food was great until the switch came to 'healthier food.' The Chick filet sandwich line shutdown and turned into more disgusting cafeteria food, there was another line of cafeteria food, they had a sandwich bar for a while but that closed when the new regulations came in, and then there was a chick nugget line. I think they did all they could with the food with four lines. There was just a lot of kids.

Develops character: Disagree

To develop these traits, they need to be an example and actually portray them. handful of teachers do.

Staff is arrogant. Principal clueless. They don't care about students, about their education, about their drive to succeed in the world. They treat them with total disregard of them as people. Letting them dress however they want, means nothing in the real world. Some teachers have no business been teachers. My kid hates the school. Need to work closely with the CTE and the programs of choice. Promote and encourage students to pursue going to the CTE. Forget the $$. Disorganized even with the buses that take /leave students at CTE and 9th Grade Campus. Some students even have to walk back to the 9th Grade Campus. LAte to another class is NOT an option, specially if they have a test.

From the principal to the lunch staff; this school does NOT care about their students! Athletic Department is a NIGHTMARE! The Counselors are a joke! Please do whatever you can to NOT attend this school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are bullies and most a joke. No one actually listens or cares about their students. It's all just a paycheck to them. Check their test scores. This school is a failure!

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework didn't seem to be an issue most of it was done in their off period or in class.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It's all about "me" there is no team or school spirit; just "me" and I'll step on whomever I need to in order to do what I want. This school is a JOKE!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

A teacher told the class to settle down and shut up, when the class didn't respond quickly she said. It doesn't matter if you be quiet or not I still get paid regardless!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers don't care so why should the students? This is a terrible school district. Trust this review.

My son absolutely hates this school. The education is lackluster, some teachers don't teach well, behavior is out of control so learning doesn't truly happen, which leaves the teachers as well as the students who want to learn very frustrated. I'm moving just so my son can enjoy the remainder of his sophomore year and beyond. I wish that I had left a year ago, but I wanted things to remain stable for him. Yet being at this school, I now see, brings him the most instability and frustration. I sense that many students feel the same way. If you can, my advice would be to avoid this school at all costs.

Last modified North Crowley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.