Public charter
Fort Worth, TX

Chapel Hill Academy 2

Posted June 04, 2015
Administration isn't supportive. They baby the students and the students aren't prepared for the next school as a result. The cirriculum doesn't flow well from one grade to the next grade. The disciple is lacking.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 28, 2015
The teachers are good! The administration throws more work on the teachers daily. The teachers care about learning.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 28, 2015
The students have to develop these characteristics if they want to survive in the environment.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 28, 2015
The administration don't respect the students so it's difficult for the students to respect the administrators.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 28, 2015
The administration says they work on compassion, etc. but they only talk about it and don't show it in any way. There is no counselor. There is a social worker that doesn't have the qualifications as a counselor.

Posted January 18, 2015
Our son enjoys Chapel Hill Academy and the teachers are professional. They have good field trips like Pine Cove. Also, they have great presentations and projects, such as the Living Wax Museum kids did about famous people's biographies. You can talk to or e-mail the teachers any time and they answer back quickly. There is a good discipline and rules. They want to prepare kids to be prepared for higher education.

Chapel Hill Academy 4

Posted December 18, 2014
My son attended CHA last year as a 5th grader and loved it. The staff is great
2 people found this helpful

Chapel Hill Academy 4

Posted September 29, 2014
It's been a few years since my children went to CHA but the seemed to do really well there. When we first moved to Fort Worth my son had to be in public school. It was horrible! He was failing several classes. The following year he was accepted to CHA. It was a complete turnaround. I believe it was all thanks to the caring and supportive teachers they have. My daughter started pre-k there and she really picked things up. Her teacher was a tough strict teacher and that's what we needed. She did great. We no longer go to this school but me and my children miss it. I do have to say there are two outstanding employees at this school. Mr. Ramirez and Mrs. Salizar are the greatest! They really care and go above and beyond to help their students.

Posted October 13, 2013
CHA is a diamond in the rough. The public schools around here are over crowed and under poor leadership. CHA thrives where public school fails. Small class size more intimate relationships between the school and the family. Each kid is personally cared for. We love it and it's only downfall is it stops at 5th grade.

Posted October 12, 2013
I worked in a big district for several years before taking this job at CHA. My only regret is not coming here sooner. There is no other administration I'd rather work for, and the rest of the faculty is second to none! The parental involvement, along with the low ratios, allows me to work with every individual student and custom-design my instruction, in order to meet each of their needs and challenge every student to aim higher. What a refreshing breath of fresh air! I'm so grateful for CHA!

3131 Sanguinet Street, Fort Worth, TX  76107
Last modified Chapel Hill Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chapel Hill Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top