Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school is great! The principal, Mrs. Tremain, is so welcoming and the kids love her! My son has been at this school for four years and I can't say enough about how much we love it!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Unfortunately, the turn-over rate at Peterson has taken it from a superior school to a sub-par campus! After attending Peterson for four years, I have withdrawn my child and have begun investigating our options --- private school, charter school, home school, etc. Peterson is on its 3rd principal and 3rd Asst. Principal in 6 years! After the 2nd principal (Dr. Myers) left, the school really went downhill! The current principal (Mrs. Tremain) has hired approximately 25 new teachers in less than two years --- which says a lot on its own --- but almost every teacher she hires is VERY young, right out of college (many did not even major in education!), and have no experience! Thankfully, there are some teachers --- who have been there since before the current principal --- who are AMAZING educators! As an active parent volunteer, I have learned that the current administration has a definite "clique" and if you are not part of that, you are not seen or heard and the same is usually true for your child! The principal is always visible and interactive at family attended school events but is rarely seen on a day-to-day basis. As others have indicated, Peterson has the best office staff that you will find anywhere! Until there is a change in administration (AGAIN), which will likely correct the high turn-over rate and inexperienced staff, Peterson will undoubtedly continue its decline! So sad for what was once one of the best schools in North Fort Worth! :(

O.A. Peterson has amazing staff. The teachers that I come across are hard working and dedicated. My child is a first grader and has attended since kindergarten. She loves going to school each day. I do wish that there was more PTA (parent) involvement. You see the same people doing the "work" for every function. I also wish the principal was more visible. The curriculum at Peterson is appropriate for my child's grade level but there are opportunities for her to receive additional extensions when necessary. I love the office staff. They are always welcoming and inviting. I am looking forward to a few years of stability as Peterson is on the 3rd principal in 6 years. That is hard for kids and the staff I am sure. I would recommend sending your student to Peterson Elementary school. I plan on sending all of my children there.

My son attends this school, and we have been very impressed with the principal, staff, and PTA. Overall, there this has been a fantastic learning environment for my son! Having a child in the same grade at another school, we have noticed that overall what he is learning seems to be behind what our other child is learning so that is discouraging. The school itself is a 5 star school, but the level of academics definitely brings it down for us.

Great school based on the level of involvement between the teachers, students, and parents. Overall the teachers take a pragmatic approach to preparing for the state mandated tests, meaning the teachers shape the concepts into useful and practical tools to real life situations as opposed to a regimented curriculum meant specifically to pass the tests. There is also a heavy emphasis, granted it is my perception, to developing good citizenship skills, or base building. Now, I do believe, as most parents, that morals and values should be taught at home, but there is certainly a vacuum in our society and this school means to fill that; good, bad, or indifferent they try to build an all around child vs. a pure academic (if that makes sense).

As a parent, I have high expectations for the education that my children receive. Fifth grade teachers are phenomenal and we have received an unprecedented level of communication from both the office and teachers. We love that Peterson, as well as NWISD as a whole, encourages parental involvement and makes it as easy as breathing for me to monitor my kids' progress. The teachers genuinely take an interest in their students and go the extra mile to help them be successful. We have had experiences in multiple school districts, and I am of the opinion that this school is top-notch.

My children have gone to the school since it opened and we have had very positive experiences at the school. My children love O. A. Peterson and we are very happy with our decision to choose Northwest ISD.

My child has attended this school for four years. I am sad to report that in those four years the school has gone from excellent to below average. The teachers all seem burnt out with teaching already. Bad attitudes all around and yelling loudly at students. The school staff as a whole is unwilling to step up to the plate when an important issue arises. Instead of getting to the root of a problem and taking care of it, they would rather pacify the parent. We are do disappointed that we decided to build a home in NWISD because of the wonderful reviews, and this is the school my children go to. This school needs a complete school overhaul. Replace some staff and make it a more positive place to be.

The campus is nice since it is a fairly new school. Haven't had a problem with the school until this year. 4th grade teachers only seem to care about taks testing and don't want to challenge the students. My child sees a lot of bullying and misbehaving that goes unchecked right in front of the teacher. My child comes home most days and tells me about how the teachers are always in a bad mood and yelling.

Last modified O A Peterson is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.