Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The changes the district has made are wonderful! The new principal is passionate about student success and is bringing in innovative learning.

Teachers genuinely care about the students. They communicate with the parents and host several family involvement activities for the community.

My daughter enjoys going to school. She is challenged in her learning and rewarded for her good behavior. When I walk into the school, I can feel the leadership change that occurred this spring semester. The new principal Ms. Simpson is friendly and seems open, like she wants to hear parents' opinions. I'm looking forward to my daughter continuing her elementary years here at this campus. I also look forward to me being more involved because I feel welcome and wanted.

I am not happy with this school district. My children are in the 2nd and 4th grade. The homework is ludicrous! They have packs of each subject each week. The fourth grader has 8pages of math, four pages of spelling and six pages of reading. Its all due each Friday. The second grader has the same. When asked if they practice spelling words at school the answer is no but they are tested on home work. I've asked parents in FWISD, Crowley ISD, Burleson ISD and Arlington ISD. No one has this much homework. To top it off my child was given an additional science homework paper and a four page report to do at home. My husband and I work full-time job's. We fill like we are home schooling our children. If you want hands on teaching or teachers who teach this is Not the school or district.

As a new enroll to this school and district, the office was NOT helpful with anything. I had no idea what was going on and basically felt out of the loop the whole time. My student was stressed at this school and felt as though the teachers had no control of the kids. The school is newer, which was a positive for us enrolling but that's about where the positive notes ended. The recess policy is unacceptable in my opinion also, I would not recommend this school unless you have naughty children or you are low income.

The teachers are wonderful. my daughter has learned so much over the past two years. However the head principal Nancy Kay could be a little bit more nicer to the students an parents my daughter hasn't had any behavior problems, but i have witnessed the rudeness from her. they are still little kids learning. other than that I LOVE THE SCHOOL..

Last modified John And Polly Townley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.