Posted September 17, 2014
I too am a former teacher a this horrible school. The children wasn't the problem because, granted, these kids go through a lot in their personal lives. Teachers are faced with being counselors, mothers/fathers and mentors. The problem at this school is the administration. Teachers have left year after year and nothing has been done to the principal. It makes me wonder about the whole district (Hmmm). somebody needs to report the neglect of compassion, care and education this lady posses. Like previous posters wrote, she has ruined the spirit of many new and experienced teachers. I no longer want to teach because of this experience. She cares nothing about the teachers or the students. If you disagree with her she bullies you. I believe that this district gives way tooooo much power to principals. She is a bully herself that's why she don't care about kids getting bullied. If the teachers at that school would stand together change can occur, but they are so scared of her bullying tactics that they say and do nothing to sop her. so sad. Never will I return to a FWISD School!!!

Posted June 10, 2014
I am very sad to say that as a former staff member most of these reviews are dead on. Most of the women I worked with at this school have no business working with children because it is evident they can not stand them. At any given moment you will hear multiple teachers screeching at children in the halls the way toddlers yell at each other to show who is tougher. The teachers demand respect from administration yet refuse to show any in return. If cameras and audio were placed into every room teachers at this school would loose there jobs right and left. I have never been so ashamed to be a part of a team. The women who are truly there for you child will be immediately evident and if your gut tells you you child is in a classroom where they are being bullied by an adult-go with it. Show up and make your voice heard or nothing will change. Yes, the children that come to this school are not always the easiest to deal with, BUT if they are being taught by people who make it clear they don't believe they are worth the effort why would they try to succeed? If you have another option-take it. If not be prepared to fight for a good education.

Posted June 02, 2014
After this school year I will move just so my children are not forced to go to this awful school. The office staff is rude, uncaring, and unhelpful. The adminstration is terrible. We were given one days notice about a field trip. The principal is fake. She acts like she cares about the students and parents but never follows through on any of her promises. When observing my child at school I heard the way she talks down to the students and staff. I feel this is the way she normally acts when she thinks no one is watching. She seems uneducated and unprofessional. I have contacted the school several times in regard to bullying on the bus. I have been avoided and ignored all year. I had to pull my children off the bus because the problem was never resolved. As for the classroom, I feel that the constant displine interrupted the learning environment. If you want your children to get a quality education and not get bullied DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN GO TO THIS SCHOOL!

Posted February 04, 2014
Its wow the reviews for this school. I haven't been involved in this school until the last few weeks when I started keeping my grand child. I have called numerous times to speak with prinicipal but as of today I still haven't spoke with her. The secretary said she gave her my number but no return call. I wonder will this be one of those reviews that will say this school is horrible.

Posted January 24, 2014
The administration is horrible. My child has been bullied, and it has been brought to the principal's attention. She don't care, and is not willing to help. I will be moving my child out of the school.

John T White Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
I relocated in December and enrolled my child at the beginning of the second semester. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the speedy enrollment process. The administration I dealt with was friendly and very helpful. My child loves the school so far and I haven't had any complaints. As far as the children, I can only say, education begins at home. I disagree when parents blame the teachers or viceversa. Everybody needs to do their part: it falls on the parent to discipline and teach respect, and the teacher to educate and inspire. If the parent doesn't take care of business at home, how can they expect a teacher to deal with a misbehaved child? When a child respects his or her parents they can respect authority without a problem. What you teach your child at home is what they exhibit everywhere they go.

Posted January 17, 2014
Words can't describe how horrible this place is... Sad to say, the negative reviews on here are true. Every single one of them. If I were a parent, I would not choose this school for my child. If I were a teacher seeking a place to work, I would not choose this school. Very negative. The administration ruins the school. However, the school has potential for success. It's sad to see, and say how an administration team has strong power to break a school, or make a school. On the contrary, this admin team has hurt the school, rather than help the school grow. Great teachers have left, and are leaving because of the administration's attitude on not willing to help, but rather criticize. The students do not fear the administration, because they know that there won't be any consequences for their actions. The only two positive reviews on the school were most likely written by the two administrators. Whoever is reading this, consider another school in Fort Worth... you will be much happier... whether you are a teacher seeking employment, or a parent looking for a new school.

Posted December 12, 2013
The school is horrible. Adminstration is horrible. The students have no structure or discipline. The teachers do no want to be there and many are unqualified teaching on alternative certification.

John T White Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2013
I have no complaints the staff and school has exceeded my expectations. I'm very pleased with this school.

Posted August 24, 2013
I was a teacher at John T White. I had taught for many years and LOVED it before going to the "new school" in FWISD... and the first year I taught there was my LAST. I left teaching for good due to the HORRIBLE experience I had there. The administration lacks leadership and fails to hold chidren accountable for their behavior problems. The administration will not allow referrals to be processed because they do not want to "look bad" on paper with the district. Therefore... they give their teachers very little options with how to manage behavior problems and they do nothing to help their teachers hand them either! I feel so sorry for the children who are there to learn.... All I wanted to tell the parents of my children who were intelligent and well behaved was RUN.... FAR AWAY.... take your child to another school. To make matters worse... they try to cover up student's bad behavior so parents will remain calm... and only act when a parent goes to the district with a complaint. So if you aren't paying attention... you'r kid will likely be getting bullied and verbally abused in this school.... and the administration will do NOTHING and will not let the teachers try to act.

John T White Elementary School
7300 John T White Road, Fort Worth, TX  76120
Last modified John T White Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John T White Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top