Texas Academy Of Biomedical 1

Posted June 11, 2014
This school went from a very very close association with UNT medical school and standards expecting to educate future doctors, dentists, RNs, etc to a glorified technical/assistant program, such as phlebotomists, etc. the summer camps at the medical school are gone - the curriculum is definitely NOT pre-med. It is geared at getting your student to be some kind of assistant/tech - as a surgery tech. don't expect anything different from that.

Texas Academy Of Biomedical 3

Posted April 20, 2014
This school has very challenging and rigorous academics that will aid anyone hoping to go into the medical program. They have several opportunities and classes that give students a head start on college. Unfortunately, this school lacks in extracurricular activities and clubs. I feel like I don't get many opportunies to get to know other students. The school offers clubs, but the clubs have slowly died out throughout the year. This is an excellent program for someone who doesn't necessarily need the complete high experience, but it has been somewhat disappointing for me.

Posted February 11, 2014
I am a student at TABS and I can honestly say that I love this school. The teachers here really do care and put in so much effort to make themselves available to students. The curriculum is challenging but with enough time it is achievable. TABS offers dual credit classes taught by tcc professors opportunity. The environment at TABS is very friendly and class sizes are so small that students are well-informed and participate in school events. If a student has any interest in going to college then TABS should be first choice because we not only offer experience in the medical field but also the dual credit classes that are offered can be towards any college major.

Posted September 23, 2013
TABS is a wonderful school where students can earn college credit while attending classes. The small campus means the students have more individual instruction time. Several of the students will be the first generation in their family to attend college.

Posted January 15, 2013
My son is currenly a Freshman at TABS. We absolutely love the Teachers and the staff members. They are extremely helpful and seem to take great pride in their work as well as caring about the students and their success. Excellent teachers, strong principal/school leadership and challenging academic programs. My son tells me thier are no bullies and it's a family type of environment where everyone knows everyone and the students help each other succeed. My son is challenged, thriving and doing very well! I highly recommend this school to any student interested in pursuing a career in the medical field. Thank you, TABS for making this school year a great success for our son and giving us as parents the peace of mind that he is in a safe environment, enjoys school and is learning so much every day!

Texas Academy Of Biomedical
3813 Valentine Street, Fort Worth, TX  76107
Last modified Texas Academy Of Biomedical is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Texas Academy Of Biomedical Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top