Fort Worth, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers and all staff are simply amazing!!! I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a part

Young Women's Leadership Academy 3

Posted October 20, 2013
I've attended this school since it opened. I greatly enjoyed the school up until this year. Our original teachers that we had since we opened has changed, obviously. Those that left are greatly greatly missed. They were irreplaceable. This year we had two core classes where we had substitutes for a whole 6 weeks. Even though now we have permanent teachers, the material given isn't the best it has been before. Also, having a part time band and orchestra director greatly affects performance. We need a full time one ASAP. I can't imagine us going to competitions at this point. We don't even have an actual marching band. I just wish that our school would finally settle so we wouldn't have to adjust so much. Yet we still have a new building to move to.

Posted October 03, 2013
I am a student at this school it is amazing. They challenge us. Everyone here is like sisters. Our teachers will come early in the morning or stay after school to help us with anything or to get ready for upcoming projects. Our teachers are amazing instead of just giving us lectures they give us worksheets projects and mini projects. This is my favorite school I am planning on staying here until I graduate.

Posted August 24, 2013
I love the school . My daughter will be here until she graduates in 2016.

Posted June 29, 2013
I am a student who has gone to this school since it has opened. I would say that every girl in FWISD should shoot for this school. The academics are amazing, teachers here care and love each and every one of the students. When a new girl comes in, we accept our new family member. Everyone here knows everyone else. Like every school, we have our cliques, but you can't notice them unless you really look. We are all sisters here, and like sisters, we have our scuffles, but we eventually get over them and realize that it is just trivial issues that have been blown up. You have to keep a 75% average in all of your classes, and a 90% or above is expected on all STAAR test results. You must have a very high attendance rate. Uniform must be in check at all times, not complying to the uniform can result in ISS. (We are a but strict, but it's the reason we don't have fights daily in the hallways.) Girls who leave the school, are not because of bully reasons. It is because they cannot handle the college-like teaching and tests that we have here. If you are kicked out, it is because of grades, attendance, or behavior. I love my school and would not transfer for any other school in FWISD.

Posted May 16, 2013
I am very please with YWLA, the principal is very involve and the teachers are challenging the students. The girls are getting ready for true success!

Young Women's Leadership Academy 1

Posted May 25, 2012
We are removing our daughter from this school. She is being bullied and nothing is being done about it. While the academics are good, the girls do not treat each other well. Also, girls are constantly talking about their sexual orientation. My daughter feels uncomfortable here we are sending her back to private school. Intolerance is a big issue at YWLA. I hope they are able to fix the situation--as many girls have left recently.

Posted January 09, 2012
My daughter attends this school and my husband and I are pleased with the overall education she is receiving. She is in the 8th grade and transferred midway through the seventh grade. She came from a presitigious private school in Fort Worth and has found the school an acceptable substitute.

Young Women's Leadership Academy 4

Posted December 29, 2011
I really like the principal. She is really doing a good job on this new campus. It is a small school, and a safer enviroment with less MS drama. The academics are higher, and they offer tutoring classes for the students before the school starts. They are very strict about uniform, and have a demerit system. We are having a good experience there.

Posted November 15, 2011
I think the school has wonderful teachers! Only about 3 of them are actually new at teaching. Almost every morning/ day the new teachers get "graded" on how they teach. They are given their grade the teachers can improve their teaching. Last year this school was Exemplary! I wonder how we will do this year with the new test STAAR not TAKS, and all. When I heard the word AVID I thought it was ABET too not AVID. Nobody really enunciates every single letter that they say. The parent also said Elementary... is this really an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL? No, it is not. It is a Middle and High school. All I need to day is that this is a great school! I promise its safe. =D

Young Women's Leadership Academy
1066 West Magnolia Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76104
Last modified Young Women's Leadership Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Women's Leadership Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top