Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Young Women's Leadership Academy
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 26, 2016
Solo lo justo para la excelencia, además mantienen bien ocupados a nuestros hijos aprendiendo mas de lo que otras escuelas exigen. Muy de acuerdo con esto. Prefiero que estén haciendo tareas a estar chateando con amiguitas...

Posted May 26, 2016
Excellent: Mi hija está en esta escuela y está preparándose para una Universidad. Es la única escuela que he visto que realmente se preocupan para que nuestros hijos lleguen a una educación terciaria. El resto de las escuelas que he conocido dan lastima.

Young Women's Leadership Academy 4

Posted February 18, 2016
A post from April stated the sexual orientation is an issue. This year, a GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) is in the process of being created. We actually have counselors that care, so any issues can be brought to them. There are issues of bullying in any school. It's worse in middle school than high school at this school. Eventually, they grow up and learn that bullying is pointless especially in such a small class.

Young Women's Leadership Academy 4

Posted August 31, 2015
I am an inaugural member of this school. Being here since it opened, it has come a long way. The two inaugural classes have definitely decreased in size but has had improvements in some ways. Still being generally new, we haven't quite rooted ourselves in tradition. It has it's pros and cons. Allowing leeway to create new ones but also not really know what to do. Many inaugural teachers have left us, again stated by another review were "irreplaceable", but were replaced by good teachers. This year, there has been a good amount of trial and error for the staff, and things are coming along. This school has been and will continue to be a good experience. I often wish to leave but have made a family here and good relationships with my teachers. Also, at this point in high school there isn't much point in leaving.

Young Women's Leadership Academy 1

Posted April 11, 2015
I am a former student. I would just like to say the intolerance here is a huge issue. Sexual orientation is a big subject and those who aren't straight are discriminated. The girls gossip and talk about each other all the time. It's really bad. There's a lot of bullying, and if the dean or principal doesn't like you, nothing will be done about it. Favoritism and intolerance are huge issues. I hope something will be done soon.

Posted August 24, 2014
This is a non traditional school. In the 21st century, we need more schools that prepare students for college, careers and success in life.

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers and all staff are simply amazing!!! I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a part

Posted October 03, 2013
I am a student at this school it is amazing. They challenge us. Everyone here is like sisters. Our teachers will come early in the morning or stay after school to help us with anything or to get ready for upcoming projects. Our teachers are amazing instead of just giving us lectures they give us worksheets projects and mini projects. This is my favorite school I am planning on staying here until I graduate.

Posted August 24, 2013
I love the school . My daughter will be here until she graduates in 2016.

Posted May 16, 2013
I am very please with YWLA, the principal is very involve and the teachers are challenging the students. The girls are getting ready for true success!

Young Women's Leadership Academy
E 8th St., Fort Worth, TX  76102
Last modified Young Women's Leadership Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.