Young Women's Leadership Academy 1

Posted April 11, 2015
I am a former student. I would just like to say the intolerance here is a huge issue. Sexual orientation is a big subject and those who aren't straight are discriminated. The girls gossip and talk about each other all the time. It's really bad. There's a lot of bullying, and if the dean or principal doesn't like you, nothing will be done about it. Favoritism and intolerance are huge issues. I hope something will be done soon.

Posted August 24, 2014
This is a non traditional school. In the 21st century, we need more schools that prepare students for college, careers and success in life.

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers and all staff are simply amazing!!! I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a part

Young Women's Leadership Academy 3

Posted October 20, 2013
I've attended this school since it opened. I greatly enjoyed the school up until this year. Our original teachers that we had since we opened has changed, obviously. Those that left are greatly greatly missed. They were irreplaceable. This year we had two core classes where we had substitutes for a whole 6 weeks. Even though now we have permanent teachers, the material given isn't the best it has been before. Also, having a part time band and orchestra director greatly affects performance. We need a full time one ASAP. I can't imagine us going to competitions at this point. We don't even have an actual marching band. I just wish that our school would finally settle so we wouldn't have to adjust so much. Yet we still have a new building to move to.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2013
I am a student at this school it is amazing. They challenge us. Everyone here is like sisters. Our teachers will come early in the morning or stay after school to help us with anything or to get ready for upcoming projects. Our teachers are amazing instead of just giving us lectures they give us worksheets projects and mini projects. This is my favorite school I am planning on staying here until I graduate.

Posted August 24, 2013
I love the school . My daughter will be here until she graduates in 2016.

Posted May 16, 2013
I am very please with YWLA, the principal is very involve and the teachers are challenging the students. The girls are getting ready for true success!
2 people found this helpful

Young Women's Leadership Academy 3

Posted March 05, 2013
well i really cant complain except when it comes to the athletic department it has its favorites and they dont believe in giving every girl a fair chance at trying out for the sports

Young Women's Leadership Academy 1

Posted May 25, 2012
We are removing our daughter from this school. She is being bullied and nothing is being done about it. While the academics are good, the girls do not treat each other well. Also, girls are constantly talking about their sexual orientation. My daughter feels uncomfortable here we are sending her back to private school. Intolerance is a big issue at YWLA. I hope they are able to fix the situation--as many girls have left recently.
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 09, 2012
My daughter attends this school and my husband and I are pleased with the overall education she is receiving. She is in the 8th grade and transferred midway through the seventh grade. She came from a presitigious private school in Fort Worth and has found the school an acceptable substitute.

Young Women's Leadership Academy
1066 West Magnolia Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76104
Last modified Young Women's Leadership Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Women's Leadership Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top