Bad
Good

Posted April 30, 2014
This is my 2nd year teaching here, and I am excited to continue being employed. I love my students, the staff, and the administration. I strive for my students to do their best in all that they do. This is the only school that I have worked at, that I woould agree on letting my own child attend. We go on 3 field trips a year (the average school does 1), we expose our students to life lessons in the classroom. All classrooms have Montessori materials available to be used and we have all attended Montessori training throughout the year, and have more trainings scheduled for the summer. I cannot see myself teaching anywhere but her! I love our philosophy of teaching, I love the ease of working with staff and administration. I love that we are expanding our outdoor learning, we have clubs available to students, from drama, animal, gardening, science and journalism club, (just to name a few), it is easy for parents to have access to teacher and student information. I love my students, I love my parents, I love this school!!! We have great things coming!

Posted April 29, 2014
My child goes to this school, and I am so happy! The teacher seems to really care about the success of my child, not just academically, but also socially, emotionally and mentally. The teachers are open to talk to teachers and the administration is easy to talk to. Yes at the beginning it was rocky, but the results have proven that this is a school that is on it's way to greatness. They were acceptable last year and were distinguished in Reading! They were ranked one of the top charter schools in North Texas! Everyone has their fit and this school is the fit for my child and I!!!!

Posted January 24, 2014
Every new school has growing pains. This school has worked theirs out very quickly. The focus is always on academics and student achievement.

Posted January 14, 2014
Are you speaking about after hour activities where you have to pay for, if talking about tutoring, tutoring is only offered till 3:40 and most of the times teacher make kids clean up or sit drawing and some times you will find out that tutoring was cancelled and parents were not informed. Please for god sake, we as parents looking for something that would improve our kids and build their characters. We are not looking for the school to be opened and then for our jobs there to remain the same.

Posted December 24, 2013
Good School on its way to greatness! The best thing about this school is that it is small and able to give students the individualized attention they need. As a parent I am able to get in to see the principal whenever I need to. I have been at larger districts before and moving here was the best thing for my son. This school definitely has its haters and it probably has one or two that are very consistent in posting on this very website. However, I would hope that these one or two haters aren't able to taint the perception of this school. It has been a charter school for only two years and has made massive, visible improvements in the time it has had. As for what the state of Texas can and cannot afford, I think the state of Texas should be the judge of that. According to the TEA website, this school met standard just like many of the school's it is compared with. I have also shown the AISD schools that did not meet standard. EAST FORT WORTH MONTESSORI Met Standard THE OLIVE TREE MONTESSORI Met Standard ARL. ISD SPEER Improvement Required THORNTON Improvement Required ELLIS Improvement Required HARMONY SCHOOL OF EXCEL. Met Standard MANARA Met Standard

Posted December 09, 2013
32% of third graders passed the math STAAR? Are you serious? This school should be shut down. The state of Texas cannot afford these types of statistics. Unacceptable.

Posted December 03, 2013
There are a couple of things that I have come to learn about the school during my visits. There are great teachers that do a great job and other that are just "there." The school itself looks like it is run down and does not resemble a highly qualified school. I would like to see the school become more diverse in its students and ideology. My child had to learn the hard way that this school was not providing the nessesary tools to succeed.

Posted October 27, 2013
I hope who ever is writing reviews are not school staff as what's being said makes olive tree the ivy league of schools. Realistically the kids there will only find out how there standards deteriorated only after leaving it and going some where else. I used to like olive when it was ameen, but now forget it.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school has kind and caring teachers and a hardworking administration. I just enrolled this year after a bad experience at another school. I was reluctant at first because of some of the negative comments out there about this school, but after visiting the school and taking several tours I trusted my gut and enrolled. It was the best choice ever. I am so happy with my decision.

Posted October 01, 2013
I love this school! it had its ups and down last year but they changed out administration and it is a complete 360 than last year!! i love the new staff and the way they communicate with me about my childs education. you can tell they really care when they offer my child turoring after school and stay with her till 5:15!!

The Olive Tree Montessori Academy
8601 Randol Mill Road, Fort Worth, TX  76120
Last modified The Olive Tree Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.