Bad
Good

EME is one of the worst I have ever imagined for children. My child not only had issues with education, They had extreme change in behavior. my child regressed in learning. The extent of having to attend after school private tutoring. The teachers do nothing about communicating with you regarding your child. And/or return phone calls, e-mails...etc! Bullying and fights seem to be a daily issue. My child says the teacher is constantly yelling and tells the children she is stressed and can't handle them. Never got homework sent home... How are they supposed to be graded and tested when they aren't getting work to practice? I also have had some other parents complain. Also lots of behavior issues and fights on the bus that the mom wasn't being made aware of. They won't tell you anything that goes on. You have to hear about it from your child and take action yourself. Can't wait to be out of this negative environment and to see my child get back to themselves. Horrible school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are held accountable for their actions. There is great parent-teacher communication through Dojo accounts and other methods. The students learn a different vocabulary word each week...many of these words are qualities such as honest and integrity.

EME is a fantastic school! Tons of neat programs for the kids, such as clubs on Friday afternoons (kids choose an area of special interest and go to that club once a week...they have about 15-20 to choose from....science, athletics, art, architecture...) The principals are very involved with the students and well loved by students and teachers, alike. There are many, many amazing, caring, devoted teachers. Parents are very involved in this school and make their presence known on a daily basis. We have been very, very pleased with this school!

Pulling my child from this school and enrolling in homeschooling next year. Lots of behavior issues and the teachers do nothing about it. Bullying and fights seem to be a daily issue. My child says the teacher is constantly yelling and tells the children she is stressed and can't handle them. Never got homework sent home... How are they supposed to be graded and tested when they aren't getting work to practice? The teachers just seem lazy. My child was supposed to receive additional education help and be pulled from class and that has not happened. I also have had some other parents complain of the bus systems. Drivers driving reckless and one time the students flying out of their seats and falling over. Also lots of behavior issues and fights on the bus that the mom wasn't being made aware of. They won't tell you anything that goes on. You have to hear about it from your child and take action yourself. Can't wait to be out of this negative environment and to see my child get back to themselves. Horrible school.

To say that this school is dysfunctional is an understatement. I am so happy that my children no longer attend EME! As another parent stated the educational quality of this school is poor. The investigations math that this school district uses is a joke, and should you leave your children will be behind in math. But never fear they will be just as behind in language arts. There are a lot of behavioral problems at this school both with students and teachers. I assure you that nothing will be done about either. If your child should need any type of special education (i.e. speech or dyslexia) be prepared to file a grievance or the district will deny you. RUN away from this school and district!!!

My son has attended this school for a year and a half. We have discovered that it is like any other school. Yes, bullies exist but getting in the school facing the principle and teachers to make sure it is handled has to be done. I am impressed with the new principle and his zero tolerance! He also addressed an issue my son had with his teacher as well. I feel this is a really good school, but more time and emphasis in gifted and talented would be nice. The curriculum I feel is good and my son loves the school and his teachers. I do feel the arts are neglected. I see very little from the music program . And as for the comments below, I think you found an angry parent who cannot even use proper punctuation or grammar and claims to be a teacher. Interpret that as you will.My son says there is discrimination of which he has been taught not only to not discriminate but seek out those who suffer from it, befriend them and show them the good in this world. The PTA does a good job here but I have never seen a school where the parents ignore each other. There needs to be more communication between parents for the children's best interest.

The qualifications couldn't be all that HIGH, you can't even spell HIGHER. You know, it's sad when a person picks up and moves from one place to settle in another place. Then they start Trashing the place they've moved to, and telling everybody how good the place was they moved from. "THEN WHY THE HECK DID YOU MOVE?" I'm almost positive that highway that brought you here, goes back the other way.......

ONE OF THE WORST SCHOOLS I HAVE EVER BEEN TO IN MY LIFE!! Even Compton California has a better reading program. THE TEACHERS ARE INCOMPETENT!! They dont even know that the ""Y"" makes other sounds like ""E"" as in the name TIFFANY --store!!! WORST SCHOOL!! WORST!! BEING A LICENSED TEACHER FROM CALIFORNIA WHERE THE TEACHER """QUALIFICATIONS""" ARE MUCH HIGER!! I CAN SAY THIS WITH PRIDE AND DISGUST!! MY FRIENDS ARE DAVE GROSSMAN,etc...As far as my 5yr olds READING ABILITIES! I HAVE MY PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT TEACHING INSTRUMENTS!! Mann-Suiter Developmental Reading Inventory she scores at a 4th grade level,etc!! I CAN TEACH!!I WILL HOMESCHOOL THATS HOW MILITARY PREVENTIVE MEDICINE I AM ABOUT EVERYTHING!! AS FAR AS THE SCHOOL BEING ABLE TO TEACH """SOCIAL STUDIES and CITIZENSHIP"""" CORRECTLY!! I BEG YOUR PARDON!! I DIDNT KNOW STEALING FROM LOCAL NEIGHBORS WAS ACCEPTABLE GLOBAL BEHAVIOR,etc!! MY PARENTS RAISED ME TO TELL THE WORLD WHO I AM,etc! PRETTY TOUGH STUFF IF I AM FROM JOHNSON FARM UP IN WARROAD MINNESOTA! WHERE THEY ALL DIVIDED INTO 2000 acre farms,etc!! MY VINE SCHOOL, STUDENTS,etc... WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN YOU!

This is a wonderful school. The teachers are amazing and everyone really is very nice. The PTA is wonderful as well, as it has used its funds to pay for the children to have AR tests (since the budget has cut it out). It is an older school, but the best one in my opinion.

This is a great school. My kids and my husband and I love it. The teachers are amazing as well as the principal.

Last modified Eagle Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.