Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Wayside Middle School 2

Posted January 07, 2016
The school is the worst school my kids ever been to the teachers refuse to help my child when he asked a question about his work they say figure it out I've already explained to you once. They count him absent even though he's there and send me truancy letters. The kids at the school cuss a lot. It does not have all the security measures like my kids last school did to ensure that I shooter cannot come as easily.

Posted October 20, 2014
We've always been told that this is THE middle school to go to in the area and it has definitely held up to be true! This is our first year with a middle-schooler, so our fears were through the roof. The way this school welcomes 6th graders and their parents is top notch. Guiding the 6th graders through their first week really gave our child the boost of confidence he needed to get used to middle school. He has loved this school from day one. The teachers have been amazing and have kept us informed on either a daily or weekly basis. The structure throughout the school day has given my 6th grader comfort. The band teachers are wonderful. The office staff is extremely kind and welcoming. The new principal is always in the mix of things, shaking hands and introducing himself. This school has been outstanding!

Wayside Middle School 1

Posted February 02, 2014
This school is not a good environment for kids. I have seen a teacher throw a stapler at a kid and have seen a marker thrown both by a TEACHER! And nothing was done about it. Kids cuss all of the time and teachers are not ever very explanatory on projects or homework and it is really hard for me to learn when they don't teach the work to us!

Posted April 27, 2012
We have one daughter that's finishing up her first year at Wayside, and in her and our eyes it's been a good year. She has really enjoyed the new experience of having several teachers. All her teachers have made themselves available for us to talk too, when we've needed to. The principle is also very professional, and the kids all say she's nice but tough. Wayside is a great school, and I'd recommend it to anyone that moves in to this area.

Posted February 23, 2011
our first two years at Wayside were quite an adjustment, this last year has been great! My daughter has thrived at this school The teachers in 8th grade are wonderful. The band directors are awesome and really try to boost self-esteem! We have had our ups and downs but on the whole Wayside has been a good experience! The worst thing that I can say about Wayside is that the Principal is very hard to work with.

Posted July 25, 2009
I lovvveeee wayside! the teachers are great the principals are okayyyy and the way they teach us using videos, books, and physical stuff really works in everey class!

Wayside Middle School 4

Posted December 18, 2008
I've brought my family from overseas, being educated in a DOD school system. The level of education provided is top notch in order to allow most kids to fall into a great level once back in the states. This school has done that, and has further challenged the level where my kids have been in the past, making them want to be involved, as well as us. Thanks.

Posted June 20, 2008
I am very unhappy with Wayside. This past school year was not a good one. I am disappointed in administration, admin staff, and some of the teachers. They were not supportive nor responsive. I am sorry they have lost that quality!

Wayside Middle School 4

Posted September 05, 2007
Wayside has been a very positive experience for my daughter. She has been able to be apart of student council, Camp Goddard, choir, athletic team member,ect. The teachers have been great and responsive. Parent involvement is good, we always need a few more hands, but in general alot of parental involvement. Great School! Go Wildcats

Posted October 10, 2006
I rate this school 100% education and fun learning an 0% no education.

1300 Old Decatur Road, Fort Worth, TX  76179
Last modified Wayside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.