Elkins Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My son went to kindergarten and is first grade this year. He loves his school. I love class size of this school. Everyone is so friendly and people works at office know kids name very well. one thing I am not happy and concerned about is academic level of this school. I also think parents need to be involved more.

Posted September 27, 2013
Elkins is an awesome school. Ther teacher make learning fun and really care about their students.

Posted September 14, 2013
My daughters go to this school and they love it. Last year my oldest daughter was in first grade and they only had 16 students. On second grade they have 17. Great class size for a public school. Principal, teachers, and other staff go the extra mile and put lot of effort for the welfare of the children. They managed to keep the bus service by changing the schedules for elementary, middle and high school. My second grader is already reading at grade 4. I can't comment about my youngest daughter because she just started this year, and its been only 2 weeks. Would like to thank the teachers and staff for all their hard work.

Posted July 21, 2010
My child has been attending this school since fall of 2008 and the teaching staff has been wonderful. He loves this school and has excelled. It is one of the smaller school so there seems to be a greater teacher student bond.

Elkins Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2009
I am pleased with my child's teacher, but I am concerned about the lack of differentiation that occurs for students that are working beyond grade level. I fear a boredom will occur with these students after several years of this, and that the 'teaching to the middle' that is occurring is going to backfire. I feel this instructional practice one of the primary reason Boswell HS has so few National Merit Scholars.

Elkins Elementary School 0

Posted June 16, 2008
We were not happy with this school for our child. There was too much change with personnel and with rules. There is poor communication between staff and parents!

Posted January 23, 2008
I have two daughters that attend Elkins Elementary, they love the school and I think they encourage the students to do there best in the taks test. My daughter struggled last year with the test and did not pass. The school had a tutoring after school and that helped my daughter pass her test the second time. Thankyou to all the teachers that where there for all the children for tutoring. Good Job.

Posted August 29, 2007

Elkins Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2007
My son is at Elkins since Oct. 2006 and the teachers have been very caring and helpful. However the Principal and assistant principal need to do better on the discipline. Also there has been problems on his bus several times.

Elkins Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2007
Elkins in under new leadership, which has had a negative impact on the school. The principal focuses more on his teachers than his students.

Elkins Elementary School
7250 Elkins School Road, Fort Worth, TX  76179
Last modified Elkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elkins Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.