Fort Worth, TX
Students enrolled: 1,822

Arlington Heights High School 4

Posted August 12, 2014
My daughter attended a small private school since she was in pre-k, and going to AHHS has been the best choice we both have made in her educational needs. She loves it there. She has learned to be part of another culture which has helped her tremendously with her self esteem. She will be graduating in another year and looks forward to her new challenges.

Posted September 07, 2013
Arlington heights high school is horrible. They pride themselves on student having high scores and being all about education yet the administration is so disorganized. They also decided to make the students wear collared shirts OR arlington heights shirts so they can make more money. They mine as well wear uniform or ease up on dresscode. The new principal is also very unresponsible and treats the high school students as if they're in elementary

Posted September 06, 2013
We have had a fantastic experience with AHHS. My son had attended other schools and had not had good experiences at all. Since being at Heights, I have seen a more responsible and encouraged son. We could not be happier. As far as money goes, we are middle class...some days! LOL so our experience has not been that money runs the school. The new principal is fantastic and my son has had great teachers. I am very excited that we found Heights and that my son is a student there. I only wish we had found it before my oldest son graduated from high school. BTW, both sons attended a school with an extremely high ratings on this website and it was a complete nightmare. They and we hated every moment so these ratings all need to be taken with a grain of salt. Every child who passes through the doors of any school will have a different experience so listen to your child, know what you are looking for and judge for yourself. As for my family, we love Heights.

Posted August 13, 2013
This school is overall the worst school my daughter has attended. The staff and faculty is very disorganized, they lose papers and transcripts all the time. They usualy have no idea whats going on. In the classrooms, its not 15 per teacher, its more like 30 per classroom, and the teachers dont keep their students focused. They only provide about 20 minute work during their 50 minute classes, and over all not much learning at all. Every teacher there is a coach, and all they care about and focus on is their sports, so students who attend who do not join a sport fall under the rug and they are left behind. I suggest looking into different high schools in the FWISD, because this school is NOT good at all. They screwed up my daughters transcript, credits, and grades. When she was a senior, they had her marked as a junior in the school system and almost didnt let her graudate with her class, and no one cared to fix it until i went up to the school district building. I will not be sending my next daughter there because i care about her education and her high school experience. Money runs this school, and staff lets richer kids get away with EVERYTHING, while the rest get in trouble.

Posted August 13, 2013
This school is run by money. You can look at the students and tell exactly who has the most money, and who doesnt, and you can tell by the way the teachers and staff treat them. The kids who have the most money get the most possitive attention, they get everything they want, and it seems like the teachers even give them better grades because they can. Most of the time the richer you are, the more you get away with. For example, the dress code is pretty strict, colared shirts, school shirts, no ripped pants, workout cloths, or tights. The richer girls wear whatever they like, ripped pants, track shorts, tights, whatever t shirt they like. They NEVER got dress coded, but the other students who were not as wealthy were sent immediately to the office with no slack. And most of the school is not as wealthy as those few, but those few run the entire campus. its unfair, and the teachers dont care. Also, students get lost in the system. teachers forget about them, the office and counselors dont focus on them at all and even push students out of their rooms so they can focus on less important things. overall, out of the 4 high schools i have gone to, this was the absolute worst.

Arlington Heights High School 4

Posted January 27, 2013
We have had a great experience at AHHS! My daughter came from a small/private school and the transition to a huge school was a little scary us, as parents. I have to say that through cheer and other extracurriculars, she has made many friends and is connected well! She is challenged academically and has to work hard to keep up in the H/AP courses. I disagree that money makes your path at this school because we definitely don't have it and she fits in well with other students who do. As with anywhere else in life, things are what you make of them! We LOVE the principal and her class VP. My only complaint is working with the Counseling office - it seems that everyone wants to point you to someone else for help and it can be frustrating and a big waste of time. There is a strong group of parent volunteers at this school.

Posted June 04, 2012
Arlington Heights High School is an excellent school in more ways than one. Not only are my classes challenging and our sports team top notch, the people are down right friendly. I love all of my teacher and fellow classmates and wouldn't change them for the world. Our principal is also the best in Fort Worth and is changing Heights for the better. I am currently a junior at AHHS and I look forward to the rest of my time at Heights.

Arlington Heights High School 2

Posted January 08, 2012
our 3rd child is currently enrolled at heights. The experience our 1st two had was not all that positive. It's a big-city culture with real issues at the vice principal and counselor levels. Teachers are hit-and-miss. Like most public schools some really care about educaion and kids, but the majority genuinely do not. Here's hoping the new principal can have an impact. He seems exceptional.

Posted July 17, 2011
Just graduated our third child from AHHS. Two older ones recieved partial academic scholarships from top tier Universities and our third was able to excel in sports due to outstanding coaching staffs. The school is very diverse in socioeconomic makeup...but that is a "real world" strength of the experience at Heights. Our students compete very well academically with several of the top area private schools due to an outstanding teaching staff. We are fortunate to have a high quality high school with the city. Go Heights!

Posted July 05, 2011
I am a current teacher at AHHS, and my youngest child graduated from Heights in 2009. One of the strongest attributes of this school is the diverse student population. The students and teachers, rich and poor, learn to respect each other's culture and capabilities, and so many stereotype barriers are broken down in the hallways, classrooms, and athletic fields. The teachers and coaches are the best in Fort Worth! This old building is finally getting some bond money love that was overdue. The creeky old wooden chairs in the library need to go to next years' bond fire.. Great school if you're college bound. Improving on offering blue collar trades courses. AAYYY HEIGHTS!!!

Arlington Heights High School
4501 North Jim Wright Freeway, Fort Worth, TX  76135
Last modified Arlington Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arlington Heights High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top