Fort Worth, TX

Benbrook Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2015
I have been involved with this school for the past 6 years & have 6 years left to go. I have read the comments and some I agree with. The office staff are not the most friendliest. One treats parents like they are the students and talks very disrespectful to them. As far as no pre-k & kinder support, I do not agree with that. Pre-k had alot of support, field trips, easter egg hunt, beach & bubble day and a field day of their own. Kinder usually has 2 field trips a year. 1 to the dentist office and the other to the park at the end if the year. The end if year trip didn't get to happen because if the rain. Even field day was postponed twice. For the focus being put on the 5th grade. I had a son in 5th grade last year. 5th grade raises their own money for their end of year trip. They have their own fundraisers to do so. Each grade level has a limit on field trips which is set by the district, not the school. While there are a few teachers that should retire, the majority are wonderful! If your child does have a disability, the best thing is to be their advocate and fight for them. I do feel this is something that lacks at times. This is a wonderful school and the best way to know what is going on or why things happen the way they do is to ask without getting mad and get involved!

Benbrook Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2015
No support for young children in pre-k and kindergarten . Only one field trip to a dentist? ? ? My other granddaughter got to go to the zoo. I have no choice to take her back but if I did I would never put her in this school again. They were fixated for the 5th graders to have a lot of support instead.

Benbrook Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2014
The school is ok so far--my granddaughter loves it. But I have heard a teacher complain to the parents when picking up their children (on more then one occasion) and when my child tried to hug her teacher she didn't get a hug back. I had to explain to her it was all right. Hopefully everything else is ok.

Posted August 22, 2014
I can't stand the office staff in this school. The lady at the front desk never has a clue what is going on...no matter what you ask her, her answer is hmm I don't know. How can you work in the office and have no idea about anything?!? When my son was in first grade he had an accident. The nurse never attempted to call anyone for a change of clothes, instead she put my son in a diaper. When I picked him up from school he not only had a diaper on he had poop on the inside of his jeans!! He isn't an accident prone kid it isn't like he has an accident everyday, in fact that's the only one he has ever had. Who in their right mind would not call a parent for a change of clothes? We ordered 2 year books the same year and didn't receive them until the summer. When summer came they only gave us one and swore they gave my son the other one at the end of school, he must have lost it. I pick him up at the door and we ordered it with his name on it. How would he lose it from the class to the door. This year, now in 4th grade they have lost his proof of residency and I find out at meet the teacher night. The assistant principal has no idea what could have happened. Well of course.

Benbrook Elementary School 5

Posted March 03, 2014
It is hard to transfer in here because so many want their child here. The administration and staff are wonderful! I was able to get my child in and it was the best thing I could have done! No school is perfect and there is always someone to knock a good school. I wonder, those who complain so, how do you treat the people that you complain about? This is a TOP RATE school. I heard that Harvard came to interview the staff in order to learn what they are doing to make for such a great learning environment. I don't doubt it. Do not hesitate to put your child here. It is a rigorous, loving happy place. My child bloomed here.

Benbrook Elementary School 5

Posted February 27, 2014
Benbrook Elementary is such a wonderful school! My daughter had Mrs. Mehringer for Kindergarten and has Mrs. Hull for 1st grade...you cannot ask for better teachers :) We have had the best experience at Benbrook Elementary and highly recommend this school. My daughter tells me every day how much she loves school. It really is like another family. This school challenges students academically as well as teaches good character. Sadly we are moving out of state. I hope that we will be able to find a school as amazing as this one. Hopefully this helps anyone who is looking to move to Benbrook. Great town and fantastic schools!

Posted February 18, 2014
If your child is anything but robotic, such as having a disability, he/she will be overlooked. I encourage all parents to do an extensive open records request, specifically asking for grievances, complaints, and misconduct. There have been several district placements into other schools.

Posted May 02, 2013
They gripe about having your kids In school but make it nearly Impossible to enroll them. And the principal is rude and doesn't want to take the time out to talk to you and when she does she stares at her watch as if she is in a hurry. Heard multiple complains about this school.

Benbrook Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2013
I love Benbrook Elementary! I'm glad that my kids have such a great school to attend in our area. If I could I wouldn't change schools, but I wish there could be a few changes. There needs to be stricter consequences for the kid's action especially in the cafeteria. Also there is a 2nd grade teacher that needs to go. She shows more compassion to the school's aid dog than to the children.

Benbrook Elementary School 3

Posted April 16, 2012
My grandchild has been at this school for 2 years. The school staff and teachers are wonderful, with one exception. The mystery of this school is the art department, there isn't one. They say there is an art club, I have yet to see any signs of one, or even how to get into it. The art teacher is very negitive, more concerned how the children act than what they are actually in there for, to be creative, to think creative and to learn about art and history. The art department needs help. When you hear your students excited about having a student teacher teach for the day, instead of the regular teacher. That is saying alot. Let's try to think outside of the box please.

Benbrook Elementary School
800 Mercedes Street, Fort Worth, TX  76126
Last modified Benbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benbrook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top