Benbrook Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2014
The school is ok so far--my granddaughter loves it. But I have heard a teacher complain to the parents when picking up their children (on more then one occasion) and when my child tried to hug her teacher she didn't get a hug back. I had to explain to her it was all right. Hopefully everything else is ok.

Posted August 22, 2014
I can't stand the office staff in this school. The lady at the front desk never has a clue what is going on...no matter what you ask her, her answer is hmm I don't know. How can you work in the office and have no idea about anything?!? When my son was in first grade he had an accident. The nurse never attempted to call anyone for a change of clothes, instead she put my son in a diaper. When I picked him up from school he not only had a diaper on he had poop on the inside of his jeans!! He isn't an accident prone kid it isn't like he has an accident everyday, in fact that's the only one he has ever had. Who in their right mind would not call a parent for a change of clothes? We ordered 2 year books the same year and didn't receive them until the summer. When summer came they only gave us one and swore they gave my son the other one at the end of school, he must have lost it. I pick him up at the door and we ordered it with his name on it. How would he lose it from the class to the door. This year, now in 4th grade they have lost his proof of residency and I find out at meet the teacher night. The assistant principal has no idea what could have happened. Well of course.

Benbrook Elementary School 5

Posted March 03, 2014
It is hard to transfer in here because so many want their child here. The administration and staff are wonderful! I was able to get my child in and it was the best thing I could have done! No school is perfect and there is always someone to knock a good school. I wonder, those who complain so, how do you treat the people that you complain about? This is a TOP RATE school. I heard that Harvard came to interview the staff in order to learn what they are doing to make for such a great learning environment. I don't doubt it. Do not hesitate to put your child here. It is a rigorous, loving happy place. My child bloomed here.

Benbrook Elementary School 5

Posted February 27, 2014
Benbrook Elementary is such a wonderful school! My daughter had Mrs. Mehringer for Kindergarten and has Mrs. Hull for 1st grade...you cannot ask for better teachers :) We have had the best experience at Benbrook Elementary and highly recommend this school. My daughter tells me every day how much she loves school. It really is like another family. This school challenges students academically as well as teaches good character. Sadly we are moving out of state. I hope that we will be able to find a school as amazing as this one. Hopefully this helps anyone who is looking to move to Benbrook. Great town and fantastic schools!

Posted February 18, 2014
If your child is anything but robotic, such as having a disability, he/she will be overlooked. I encourage all parents to do an extensive open records request, specifically asking for grievances, complaints, and misconduct. There have been several district placements into other schools.

Posted May 02, 2013
They gripe about having your kids In school but make it nearly Impossible to enroll them. And the principal is rude and doesn't want to take the time out to talk to you and when she does she stares at her watch as if she is in a hurry. Heard multiple complains about this school.

Benbrook Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2013
I love Benbrook Elementary! I'm glad that my kids have such a great school to attend in our area. If I could I wouldn't change schools, but I wish there could be a few changes. There needs to be stricter consequences for the kid's action especially in the cafeteria. Also there is a 2nd grade teacher that needs to go. She shows more compassion to the school's aid dog than to the children.

Benbrook Elementary School 3

Posted April 16, 2012
My grandchild has been at this school for 2 years. The school staff and teachers are wonderful, with one exception. The mystery of this school is the art department, there isn't one. They say there is an art club, I have yet to see any signs of one, or even how to get into it. The art teacher is very negitive, more concerned how the children act than what they are actually in there for, to be creative, to think creative and to learn about art and history. The art department needs help. When you hear your students excited about having a student teacher teach for the day, instead of the regular teacher. That is saying alot. Let's try to think outside of the box please.

Posted July 27, 2010
I think that this school is good for academics....BUT I have a couple of complaints. First of all the lunch ladies are so rude to the children, you NEVER see them smiling, they just tell the kids in an angry tone HURRY UP! But the most disturbing issue is that they don't check driver's licsense when you pick up a child, I went to get my son and a lady who was in the office just let me go get him, she didn't even check my I.D. This is unacceptable!!!!!!!! What will it take? A kidnapping? Even schools in the small town of Granbury make you show a driver's licsense and print out your name and picture. You should feel that your child is safe at school, this is unbelievable!!!!!

Benbrook Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
My grandson goes to the school. I go up to the school on Friday'sto have lunch with him, Without fail the office staff are friendly, glad to see me, and make me feel like I'm one of the family. Mrs Nollel and Mrs Yagant are fantastic teachers.Heres to the best elemetary in the state.

Benbrook Elementary School
800 Mercedes Street, Fort Worth, TX  76126
Last modified Benbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benbrook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top