Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted January 25, 2016
Our Kindergartener is enrolled in the full-immersion Spanish program at BHE. So far, our experience has been that the teachers and faculty truly care about the students. Our daughter is excited to go to school each day and is learning rapidly (in both English and Spanish!). We look forward to many more years with the BHE family!

Posted December 20, 2014
Burton Hill is an excellent school! Just had one child finish 5th grade now one in 2nd grade. Hands down the best teachers, principals and staff. Couldn't ask for a better place for my children to learn and grow!

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter just finished her fifth grade year at Burton HIll after transferring here in the middle of the third grade. This is an exemplary school, not only from a testing and learning perspective, but also from a parent involvement and community building perspective. High standards of academics, engaged and friendly teachers, and accessible administration. School works hard to provide afterschool opportunities for kids (Homework Haven and Running Club are great!) and truly tries to engage parents and families in the educational process. This school exemplifies the idea that it takes a village to raise a child.

Posted January 13, 2012
I simply cannot say enough about Burton Hill Elementary..all of my children have gone there and now my grandchildren..The school staff and Principal are awesome. They not only provide excellent education but compassion, compassion that my personal family experience during a family crisis. . Thank you Burton Hill Elementary Five stars aren't enough Laida Zaskoda

Posted July 05, 2011
I have had 5 of my grandchildren in this school. I would like to say the special education program it terriffic. I have a mentally challenged grand-daughter who went to school here for 3 years and now she is prepared for middle school. The special olympics she has participated in have been wornderful. Her teacher was very supportive as well. She kept in contact with my daughter on the progress of my grand-daughter through all her challenges. Good work Burton Hill

Posted June 29, 2011
Burton Hill has scored Exemplary the last 3 years on the TAKS test. The parent involvement is extremely high due to the school based activities. Burton Hill uses the slogan of " We ar Family", this is not just a saying but they live this everyday. They care about the students and families. They also get the community invloved in teaching the children by have volunteers come in the read, speak or just interact with classes. Burton Hill finds ways for each child to succeed in learning. They also reward kids based on individual gains not at the grade or class level, this makes for some friendly competition. The school has an open door policy, if you sign in, to assist the school and or classroom. The school provides a good mixture of religion, financilal diversity, and ethnicity to develop a well rounded young adult.

Posted June 08, 2011
Burton HIll in an exceptional school with outstanding rating accross the board. Most of the teachers really care about the students success.

Posted June 07, 2011
My daughter just finished first grade at Burton Hill and we can't say enough about this school. A previous poster mentioned their motto: "We are family" and they do a lot to live up to this. The first week or so of school the principal stood in front of the building greeting everybody. This made my daughter and I feel very welcome since we were new and from out of state. They had many activities throughout the school year for families to participate in. Parent participation and volunteerism is very much encouraged which I really liked. By the end of the year almost all the staff knew my daughter's name as they do everybody's and their family. Their standards of behavior are very high as well and teacher communication was outstanding.

Posted April 28, 2010
My husband and I have been very impressed by this school. My son has really taken to this new place over the past year and has been really felt welcomed and loved. Mrs. Dugen the principal is easy to talk to about any issue we have had. There are monthly family activities during weeknights, such as Family Math Night ect.The teachers and staff are hand-picked, and really care about the well being of our children. We could not ask for more. The improvements look great, keep up the good work!

Burton Hill Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2010
We came to this school in the middle of the yr from kisd where my son never had any problems and in fact was awarded many times. In the first 2 months of my son being at burton hill he has been to the principals office twice. I have seen parents that are dressed as a gang members, parents that do not wear appropiate clothing, and will run you over in the hallway. The kids have literally pushed me out of the way and my son. There are no smiles on the kids faces and none on the teachers faces!! The school wants dads to volunteer to greet children at the door and smile...the teachers who are paid and spend most of the day with our children should already be doing this. I have talked to the principal reguarding all this and she has totally blown me off and made mefeelbelittle.

Burton Hill Elementary School
519 Burton Hill Road, Fort Worth, TX  76114
Last modified Burton Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burton Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top