Fort Worth, TX
Students enrolled: 1,199

Posted June 16, 2014
Went all 4 years and graduated in 2008 with honors. Great school and had the pleasure to have teachers that cared about their students. Went off to college, high school friends graduating now. carter Alumni

Posted December 15, 2012
I went to Carter for almost two years, and made the decision to leave because I was having personal struggles that interefered with my academic life. I have to tell you though, as my teachers and administration noticed my downfall, they struggled with me and fought to keep me from falling through the cracks. They understood that I was struggling through a deep depression, sending me off to another school because I was a troubled student, they put me on a schedule to try and keep me on track for graduation, and finally helped me to find another school in which to fully catch up (Winfree) and helped me transfer etc. I will be forever thankful to them for truly caring for their students because it makes a huge different to them (us). Their academics are getting much better too, they are finally implementing programs that'll prepare you for college, they have a good moral, and I think their spirit is growing in general. Not my graduating school, but definitely a good one!

Posted July 05, 2011
i rate carter school a 4 stars they work with your child to succeed on all courses. the teachers are very helpful with school work

Carter-Riverside High School

Posted May 21, 2009
My granddaughter got off to a rocky start at one of the 'best' high schools in FWISD. Her mother finally (and with great trepidation) decided to transfer her to her neighborhood school. It's been the best thing for her! Carter-Riverside has made great strides in the last few years and we are all glad she ended up there.

Posted September 25, 2008
As a student at carter riverside hs i met a lot of friends and established relationships with my friends and teachers that will prepare me for life. my favorite teacher and the teacher with the best relationship with his students is CW3 Starnes in the ROTC department. He's the only teacher that really cares about us. not whether or not we go to college, but what we do with our future. no excuses just results, Carter Riverside! Huah!!

Posted May 15, 2007
man, all i can say is that carter is the home of all eagles! that school is like a home to me, i learned that things get done and you get closer to your goals by not complaining and giving excuses,but by taking actions and giving results!i learned to be a stronger better smarter person there,and learned to apreciate the small things and what i have when its there than when its gone.they have the best teachers there. mrs.adams is the best teacher in the whole world! its the best school that i've ever gone to. and ever will attend, in my opinion. no excuses just results carter riverside! huah!

Carter-Riverside High School 2

Posted July 24, 2005
academic programs are below average... extracrricular activities are not monitered the way they should be

Posted April 24, 2005
All the athletic programs really help the moral of the school and the teams are gettin better every year. Coach Jeffries is really helping the students get more involved in the school.

Posted August 26, 2004
As a teacher at Carter Riverside High School, I have enjoyed the closeness that we are allowed to have with or students. I, and many of my colleagues, feel that we can help students with problems that reach beyond a classroom, and in turn, it helps them soar in the classroom. Our test results are rising, our new Principal is setting goals for the students and faculty that are easily attainable and worthwhile, and the interaction between students and teachers seem to improve daily. I am impressed that an 'inner city' school can overcome what these students have. We have a long way to go, it is true, on our academic results, but I feel our students are up to the challenge, and our teachers are just as eager to help them meet those challenges with success. No Excuses- Just Results.

Posted July 15, 2004
I'm not a parent. I'm an ex-student at Catrer High. I feel that Carter was an understatement to society and to everyone whom atteded. A school is for people whom care for one another, teachers striving on helping students, not for the amount they get paid. The entire time I went to that school, thier was only one teacher there who actully cared about her students and that was one, Ms.Danille Adams. Put it this way from student to student dont attend this school for one great teacher, find a school that acully cares for students and for Ms. Adams find a better job.

Carter-Riverside High School
3301 Yucca Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76111
Last modified Carter-Riverside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carter-Riverside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top