Bad
Good

This is a great school to go to, the teachers are great. I attended this school when I was in high school, along with my younger sister and brother.

I graduated from here in 07 and I would not let my child go to DHJ. Whenever you try to sign in,you are told to go all over the place, and, it's just a HUGE hassle. They are HIGHLY unorganized and it took my mother 3 wks to enroll me. Now, any time I need a document I have to go ALL OVER THE BUILDING IN SEARCH OF IT MYSELF. The staff has no idea where to send me and half the time they literally tell me, " I don't think you can get a transcript here." I persist and eventually they find it for me. The budget is terrible, the principle would not allow the band & other programs to have a single fundraiser. There is no racial diversity,there is little room to EXceed (most AP and after school programs got canceled due to no one joining). Programs that did exist such as, choir, band & orchestra were low funded & had minimal help. The athletics department is also terrible. Many students do not want to earn a Letterman, they are just given 1 if they stay long enough. There were many fights, my car got broken into & there was no real security. Although I HAD TO PAY for a parking pass, there was no one monitoring during school hours.

This school is a great school! The test scores are low due to low English proficiency and the school offers a great program to help with the challenge of LEP. This school does offer challenging levels of instruction, but only to the benefit of the students. The students are very respectful, hard workers and dedicated to their community and are very capable of meeting our high expectations. I am happy to teach here.

I love this school ,students actually do there work on time . It makes me happy that my child goes there

Last modified Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.