Fort Worth, TX

S S Dillow Elementary School 5

Posted March 21, 2014
Hello, I am a former student from the 1950's with very fond memories of Dillow, my teachers and friends. I had wonderful teachers who allowed us to use different types of craft and art to creatively express what we were learning. When I was a sixth grader a friend and I wrote a play to teach our history lesson for one day. As teachers and lovers of children yourselves I know you can appreciate how those great teachers influenced my life. I now hold three degrees, BA, MDiv, and PhD, from two large and important schools in Texas and taught in another University until my health made it impossible. Now I make jewelry and write books-one due to be published by Tate Publishers in the next two or three months. I have been married to the same preacher for almost 46 years; we have four children and nine grandchildren. I think your school and the chances for self-expression I was give there deserve at least some recognition for the small things in life God has allowed me to accomplish. Thank you for a great start to my education. Berta Ward McMurry, PhD

S S Dillow Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2012
This school is horrible!!!!!! The principal and assistant principal are the rudest people ever and the office staff is just as rude. The office staff are just awful they will either look at you crazy or have an attitude when you asked questions. My child did attend this school in 2010-2012 and the teachers that my child had were nice and helpful but I cannot say the same for the administration and office staff. The principal was never reachable or ever seem to be at the school. The assistant principal was always rude and seemed she was too busy to talk. I would NOT recommend this school until they make some changes.

Posted November 08, 2009
This school really has changed dramatically over the last decade. It has gone from a low performing school to a RECOGNIZED campus. THAT is a big deal. The students have worked so hard. The parents of this community owe a huge debt of gratitude to the amazing teachers. Without them none of this would have been possible. They really do go above and beyond to make sure the students are prepared for a life of learning and fulfilment. Tutoring,academic competions,parent resources and a content-rich after school program make this school shine. Lack of community support in the way of a PTA is an area that needs to be addressed.

S S Dillow Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2009
This school has come a long way. And the after school program is awesome

Posted May 23, 2008
This is a very great school my children has attended this school since they started being able to go to school the school have lots of activities and the teachers are nice and have a real close relationship with the parents and kids to the point where the kids want to go to the school to give them respect they also give awards out for acheivement to let children know they are appreciated and less stressful

S S Dillow Elementary School 3

Posted June 17, 2006
- a staff

S S Dillow Elementary School 2

Posted July 20, 2005
Very poor availability of extracurr. activities. Very poor level of parent involvement...there is not even a PTA.

Posted June 29, 2005

S S Dillow Elementary School
4000 Ave N, Fort Worth, TX  76105
Last modified S S Dillow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
S S Dillow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top