Bad
Good

Dunbar high school is terrible if i could give it no stars i would i am a student things constantly get stolen from me and my peers the athletic program is not as good as everyone thinks since when is it okay for the coaches to discipline the players with a paddle everyone constantly skips the teachers are pushovers just shut down the school and save the community there tax dollars

It`s Cool we could use more activities and make it more exciting butother than that i love it!

Dunbar High School is known for having: strong science and engineering program, good athletic program, low TAKS scores, undisciplined students and low parental involvement. This school has a new principal who has done a great job trying to turn the school back around. The school has young, new staff members dedicated to doing what it takes to educate the kids. The big problem is the parental involvement and lack of home training some of the students show. It's easy to say that this is a bad school, which is not true, teachers educate all students and do not exclude or discriminate on students like other high schools. If parents would care more about their student 's education and teach their child how to act and be respectful, then the teachers could spend more time teaching advanced concepts.

Dunbar is great in it's athletic department but is that the only thing we want to be known for, NO Dunbar needs better security and discipline for it's students also better teachers that actually care and and a new carismatic prriincipal more parents need to get involved but over all Dunbar needs an academic come up it's not just about athletics we need to elevate our minds in the hood!

I love this school because the extra curicular activities keep the kids out of trouble and there also very fun. I love the band, prancing kittens, and the step team. ;D

I'm a junior @ dunbar high school and i think our school is great our teachers are very involved and accept our challenges

I'm a student here, and I have to say that Dunbar used TO be one of the best school in Fort Worth with both vigorous academics and athletics programs. But after 2004 (2005 was when i was a freshman), when its original magnet program was destroyed by the district and the community - Stop Six - around, it has gone downhill with an infinite slope: everything is gone, only 2 or 3 good teachers stayed, but it could only do some tiny good when a few groups of students who still hopelessly tried to keep up with Dunbar's legend reputation. Now the school is filled with new staff, new principal, a whole bunch of bad students who will not cooperate and care for their future. the school's rate is unacceptable. The only reason I like Dunbar is that the UIL program is still going on. That's the only thing i care.

dunbar is a great school but we need more security or maybe we need the fort worh police department inside the school no matter if its a good day or a bad day

I am currently a senior at Dunbar and I feel that the problem we have is that the parents aren't as involved as they should be. It is a shame that all these parents can come here and rate our school as unsatisfactory, but at the same time they're allowing their children to come to school acting unruly and uncivilized. It isn't 'the school' that has discipline problems, it's the students. The students reflect their households, which is how their parent(s) or gaurdian(s) has raised them. The Senior class of 2008 has yet to have even half of our students pay their Senior fees, which explains why we haven't done anything or been anywhere. This also will effect how elaborate the decor, food and music will be at the Senior prom. Our new principal Douglas Williams is doing an awesome job at reglulating the high school. i'm glad he's here!

I am a current student attending the SIP program for the study of engineering and science. I am of the minority background that makes up 90% of the school and in my opinion, Dunbar is only noticed in the media due to basketball athletics or portrayed as negative due to the location of Stop 6. Dunbar has never truly received the recognition of our UIL academics and/or our science programming. I am currently a sophmore and I plan to push my other classmates to acheive more academically toward the press instead of shooting a basketball through a hoop.

Last modified Dunbar High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.