Fort Worth, TX

Eastern Hills Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2014
While I agree with the woman below about keeping your children in line, my situation is about not being updated properly or responded to. My daughter is very well behaved and often recognized for it. I wish there was a better school to enroll her in, in the area. Her teacher sends us text messages to let us know what homework assignment my daughter has, but we never receive the instructions and her weekly notebook is almost empty. This leaves me with not being able to help her with what she is learning in class. My daughter received a failing grade on a test. I was not sent the copy of the test or information on what she failed. I requested a parent-teacher conference over a month ago and never heard anything back. How are we supposed to help our children at home without instructions for their work? How are we supposed to get an update on our kids if we don't receive replies for our requested parent-teacher conferences? I'm sure not all of the teachers at Eastern Hills are like this, but I'm sure my daughters teacher is not the only one. And yes, I can call the school and whine about this, but I shouldn't have to.

Eastern Hills Elementary School 5

Posted October 07, 2014
My my my. I'm not sure about the other comments but when I went in as a concerned parent they handled my matter with the utmost urgency. The office staff greeted me and the halls were so nicely decorated all the time. "Teachers this"... and "Teachers that" But a lot of the time we're placing the blame on the teacher when we can help out by sending our kids to school with some act-right. Before you check the teacher and the principal, check your child.

Eastern Hills Elementary School 5

Posted September 01, 2014
Eastern Hills Elementary is a school with great administration, teachers, and staff who support classroom learning. The teachers are caring and the students are expected to be actively engaged during instruction. This school offers amazing after school programs and extra-curriculur activities.

Posted November 14, 2013
EASTERN HILLS ELEMENTARY WOW WHAT CAN I SAY WALKED INTO THIS SCHOOL TODAY TO CHECK OUT SINCE WE ARE NEW TO AREA AND I CAN AGREE THAT THE STAFF IN FRONT OFFICE IS VERY RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND SENSE BIT OF DISCRIMINATION. MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ATTENDING DUE TO THIER UNACCEPATABLE PROFESSIONALISM IF THEY CAN NOT ACT PROFESSIONAL AND TAKE INTO IMPORTANCE THIER JOBS HOW CAN YOU EXPECT THEM TO CARE FOR YOUR CHILDRENS EDUCATION . RED FLAG THERE NOBODY GAVE US A TOUR WE BASICALLY WALKED AROUND WHICH MAKES ME BELIEVE THEY JUST ALLOW ANYONE TO ENTER THE SCHOOL THAT IS NOT SAFE FOR THE CHILDREN.THEN PEOPLE WONDER WHY THERE ARE SO MANY TERRIOST ATTACKS IN SCHOOLS. SO SAD FOR ALL THE CHILDREN THAT ATTEND THERE WILL DEFINTELY BE GOING TO FWISD TO REQUEST A TRANSFER I WOULD HOPE YOU DO THE SAME.

Eastern Hills Elementary School 2

Posted September 03, 2013
Eastern Hills Elementary has a lot of work to do to turn around. The number one thing I can say would be parent and school admin cooperation. I felt totally lost when it came to getting information regarding changes at the school. Even the PTA had a hard time getting off and running do to the lack of collaboration from teachers and staff. There are some bright stars in the school. My son's 2nd grade year was a total lost. I would ask how he was doing and I was never giving any progress notes or anything I was used to from his 1st grade teacher Ms. Palmer. Who is excellent with the children and very experienced in teaching. So I really had in mind to leave the school. But then the next year he had Ms. McCray. Ms. McCray is a parents dream come true. My son started out as a child who basiclly lost a year of school to a Gifted and Talented Advanced student. This includes Ms.White and Ms. Scott my younger children teachers. These teachers care about the students and want them to succed and it shows. Our children have only excelled under these teachers. We can't tell you our graditude for them. I would recommend a mentoring system for teachers and community outreach from the admin

Posted July 26, 2013
This school is HORRIBLE!!! The administration team and office are so rude. Ms. Douglas and Ms. Richards are so unprofessional. I really do not understand how they keep their position. I have seen them run off good teacher because of their behavior.

Eastern Hills Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2013
This was my son's second year coming to this school. The first year was good but it took them to long to get the ball rolling for his talented and gifted tests. The second year was AWESOME. Especially his teachers, his homeroom teacher Ms. McCray was AWESOME! She made sure he got tested for his talented and gifted class, my son got every achievement abd award that he could. I would recommend this school. We as parents must get involved with the school so that it can be better.

Posted June 19, 2013
I have not been pleased with the teachers nor staff at this school. This will be my son's first and last year attending this school.

Posted May 13, 2013
When I was in elementary school I can remember going outside on the playground for recess and getting some much meeded exercise. Apparently times have changed and that is not a neccessity for Eastern Hills Elementary School because I was informed by my daughter that their recess time is spent at their desk. I have not seen teachers and administration that are so lazy that they can not take the children outside for recess. My daughter said that they make up excuses for them not being able to go outside, like talking or something like that.

Posted April 26, 2013
If you are looking for a great school, EASTERN HILLS ELEMENTARY is not it. Trust me, I have a son and daughter that goes there, and I wish that I would have been wiser and transferred them when I had the chance. Next year I will not make the same mistake, my son will be in middle school and my daughter will attend another school.

Eastern Hills Elementary School
5917 Shelton Street, Fort Worth, TX  76112
Last modified Eastern Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern Hills Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top