Greenbriar Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 621 students

Posted March 26, 2014

Horrible school!!! I moved my child from this school and it was the best decision I made as a parent. My son went from failing to making 80's and 90's at his new school. The teachers down talked my son and told him wasn't going to pass.

Posted March 24, 2014

My son is a student at green briar and we have been having problems with a certain teacher from her talking down about my son to constant bullying she doesnt show no interst in helping me to help him improvehis class work her exact words are its not in her budget and she cant focus on just one child ive reported her to the main office and school principal I will keep pushing until its handled right this school has to be one of worst school any of my children has ever attended I wish I could move him to daggett elm

Posted January 17, 2014

Greenbriar Elementary has severe traffice problems. My grandkids go there and boy has this school changed from when my boys went there in the eighties. The principal is not interested in what you have to say. We will be getting my grandkids out of that school , I feel sorry for the teachers

Posted September 13, 2013

My kids go to A.M Pate Elementary and i truly hate this school. We are trying to get our kids transferred to a better school.

Posted February 5, 2013

My child was very behind when we finally decided to switch schools At the new school I finally realized what a good decision me and my husband had made My child has soared beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. It has taken almost a full school year of extra reading classes and tutoring to help undo what Greenbriar had let happen. Every single time I questioned why my child seemed behind it was swept under the rug, Even doing tons at home never seemed to catch up.Now I know it's because the standards for all the students are not high I know what they mean now when people say they were just passing a child along Now my child's average is awesome I couldn't be more pleased!! I also asked at Greenbriar for my child to be tested for dyslexia and was told that takes years and then my child would be placed in a special class away from everyone. it was very clear they didn't want to have anything to do with it Now my child is already been tested and approved for an overlay and is in extra reading classed and they have told me by the end of the year they hope to know if there is a problem. I truly feel they care for my child and do everything they can to help like a school SHOULD DO

Posted April 21, 2011

We just moved to the area almost a year now. My son went from a mostly A student to Ds and failing. Teachers in his grade are out a lot. When they do come back to school they do not seemed prepared for the week. I've tried to talk to the principal a couple of times, but she always seems more interested to talk to people she knows more. The office personel are not very polite or even caring. One day I could not find my son outside. I went in to the office for help. They didn't even care that a child could have been taken from their school. This is by far one of the worst schools to put your child in. I do have to say there is a teacher or two that does care and you are very lucky to have them if your child attends school there.

Posted April 10, 2011

I moved my daughter from Cicero(IL) and so far we are very pleased with the school. My daughter seems to be doing great in school, Loves it. And the first day in school her teacher told another little girl to go get a desk for her and she ran to get it, then all the children were happy specially cause this class had way more boys and my daughter was not another boy! Then one little girl ran towards her and gave her a Hugged and told her it was going to be OK and Welcomed her. So Cute. Everyone seems so friendly and helpful.

Posted April 6, 2009

Greenbriar is awesome! Both of my children attend Greenbriar and they love the school, their teachers, and all the fun activities and programs the school offers throughout the year!!! As parents, my husband and I are pleased with the quality of education our children are receiving from teachers and staff who really care about children. Thank you, Greenbriar!

Posted November 17, 2006

I have children that go to this school, and I am telling you this is by far the worst school I have ever seen in my life. The principal does not care.

Posted September 21, 2006

We Love This School. The teachers are the best! My son is now in fifth grade and started there in pre-k. We have never had a bad year.

Posted May 30, 2006

I attended Greenbriar from 1996 to 2001. My teachers were inspired, dedicated, caring, and all around wonderful. They go above and beyond the standard means of teaching.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 14, 2005

Greenbriar's Pre-K program is great! My son, Tony learned so much from his teachers through songs and hands on activities. Sometimes he would come home from school and teach me and his dad a thing or two. There was no doubt in my mind that his teachers, Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Solis really cared about him and his education. My son was given homework daily which would allow our whole family to get involved and I loved that. My son thinks he's a 5-year old basketball star, so he looked forward to going to the gym every Monday for exercise. Our son was never put into daycare or stayed with anyone other than family. It was hard for us when it was time for him to start school, but after getting to know Mrs. Solis and Mrs. Lee, I was at ease and knew he was in good hands. Thanx, Norma Anderson

Posted June 2, 2004

This was my daughters first year here, and I loved the school. Ms. Paine was the best kindergarden teacher, she had my daughter reading, and writing short stories. When my daughter first went there she barely knew her sounds. The faculity was just as nice and helpful!

Posted February 23, 2004

My children have been at Greenbriar since PreK. I am glad my children have the opportunity to attend this great school.

Posted January 7, 2004

One of the best special needs progams I've seen. All the teachers care, all students are treated fairly.

Posted September 9, 2003

My son has been a student at Greenbrier for three years and this will be his fourth. We love this school! My son has disease that keeps him from being able to attend school every day. Last year he entered first grade not reading by the end of the year he was reading on a second grade level. Mrs.Hoffman and all the teachers really care about the kids and want them to do well in all areas. Thank you for all your hard work!

Posted August 14, 2003

Greenbriar is a great school. My two sons have been attending this school for the past four years. And both score above grade level on all their test.The teachers are great.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

70 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

93 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

83 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

80 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

All Students74%

Limited English proficient (LEP)67%
Proficient in English72%
Non-migrant78%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students53%

Proficient in English57%
Non-migrant56%
Non-Gifted49%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

• AMELIA WILSON
Fax number
  • (817) 814-7450

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now