Posted March 02, 2014
This school needs to treat parents with respect..we need to change principal or some staff they are rude and not understanding..don't like this school for my children..

Posted July 15, 2012
I went to this school 3 years ago. I loved it except the dress code. My class was the last that Austin and we had a blast! The best teachers were Mrs. McCullough (My kindergarten teacher!), Mrs. Reid (The funniest!), Mrs. DelaGarza (The nicest teacher!), Mrs. West (GO OU!), Miss Wheeler (Go OU and she is very nice and funny!), Mrs. Pacheco (The best!), and Mrs. Donnelly (The greatest funniest and most motherly teacher there!). I loved this school because it was the best! I didn't attend 5th grade there but I wish I did because I wanted to have Mrs. Reneman! Now, my brother attended 5th there and the best teacher then was Mrs. Shapley and MR. HANSON!!!! They were THE BEST!!! Mr. Hanson retired but he was AWESOME!!!! I miss this school but I have a question, is Mrs. Bryan still principal? I never really liked her. She mostly cared about Herbie (her dog) or her job. Oh well, I love and miss this school! I can't wait to go visit my old teachers sometime! (:

Luella Merrett Elementary School 0

Posted February 21, 2010
WE parents are the key to our children success & is our job to educate them 2. Lets not give our children to teachers. We can't depend on them to do all the work for us. We have to get more involved in their learning process. Have you ask how was his/her day at school, what did he/she learned today, you need help with homework??? Every student is smart, some just need xtra help. Are you parent willing to provide that help or are you too tired to dedicate a few minutes of your time to them? Just think about this... if our heavenly father is there 4 us 24/7, why can't we do the same 4 our own child? Dont ask 4 something you can't give your self. Stop blaming others, and make it happen! Show your child you care & make a difference in their life. E.J.Z.

Luella Merrett Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2009

Posted August 11, 2009
I read the most recent review of Luella Merrett and was shock at how little this parent knows about the school that their child is attending. My child loves this school and the teachers. We have been nothing but satified. The principal is hardly 24 and I have never seen anyone work so hard for children. The dogs that the parent was talking about were trained with money out of the principals pocket not school money because she had heard that assistant dog programs had helped students with reading problems. She then had other volunteers bring their trained dogs to the school to help more then just one or two children. I think the parent may need to spend a little more time in the classrooms before they say that the teachers are 'sterotypical' I am not even sure what that means. They are hard working and committed. Good Job!

Luella Merrett Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2009
I went to luella merritt when i was a child and i loved but now that my child has attended there so much has changed. I do not feel that the 24yr old principal has the students best interest at heart. And some of the teachers seem to be a little stereotypical. The school seemed to be spending money on things that werent important like special training for a dog.

Posted February 22, 2009
My children attended Luella Merrett for many years. The school still has a fantastic teacher - Mrs. Pacheco - in the lower grades. The school is missing the best teachers they used to enjoy - Mrs. Hill and Ms. Gowan - in the upper grades. The days of deep learning and incredible field trips to San Antonio, Austin, and Houston are no longer. The garden is not the learning environment it was just four years ago.

Posted February 22, 2009
With the tremendous school it was in the past, Luella Merrett Elementary is missing the great teachers who have moved on to other schools - Ms.Williams, Mrs. Hill, Ms. Gowan, and Ms. Sticher. The upper grades are no longer the great learning environment that it was.

Luella Merrett Elementary School 4

Posted June 18, 2008
Luella Merrett is a good school with great leadership. My son attended from 3rd - 5th grade and loved it. He was challenged in the 3rd-4th but not so much in 5th. I'm sure this will change, because there have been changes made for next year. Ms. Novelli is the best!!!!

Posted November 06, 2007
i have always love this school..i went there from k-5th and had very good memorys..know that my child is in pre-k im so excited for her to finish out her elmentary years at luella merrett...i want to send all my love to a wonderful now retiered teacher mrs.Toreaire.....

Luella Merrett Elementary School
7325 Kermit Avenue, Fort Worth, TX  76116
Last modified Luella Merrett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luella Merrett Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top