Fort Worth, TX

Atwood Mcdonald Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2015
I went to this school from 08-09 and 09-010. My first year from transferring from a previous school had me more advanced than all of the other students... Something must have went wrong with the teachers and the curriculum. Students were not the best. Teachers could have taught better. My old math teacher, Traci Reeve, was amazing. But, I would not recommend this school. Back when I attended this school, there was no morning or afternoon bus transportation.

Posted September 13, 2011
I just moved into the are and was told to avoid this school, but I disagree this school is fine I don't see any issues my daughter's teacher seems great he correct the children's English language and that's what a teacher should do, he also treats the children as equals not one child is better than the other. So far I am pleased with the school and the teacher and the office and cafeteria staff is very nice and helpful as well! :)

Posted October 04, 2009
The teachers really care about the children. There is lots of parents who care about all the children.

Posted July 18, 2009
Behavior is an issue with this school as well as parent support. Also the principal seems to not care and I don't normally talk like that. Because of that reason, I think that the teachers try hard but ....

Atwood Mcdonald Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2008
Our experience with this school has been one of the worst ever. Before my child transferred he was an A student. While at Atwood, everything changed about his behavior and his grades. The teachers are constanly yelling and talking crazy to the children. Children arre screamed att while trying to eat lunch and sent to the office forsttanding on walls.

Atwood Mcdonald Elementary School 5

Posted February 22, 2006
My granddaughter attends Atwood. When we first moved back to the Ft.Worth area I was so afraid for her to attend the school district. Due to the fact hse was in Arlington district for her first 2 years of her eduacation. The two district teach on different levels. To be truthful I thought Arlington district was a much better district.Once I started raising her on my own, and being more involved in her schooling and learning.I'm very thankful for the fort Worth I.S.D.teachers at Atwood. So I am giving the staff and teachers at Atwood their flowers now so they will be able to enjoy and smell them. I would like to give a very special thanks to Ms. Salih for teaching my Deajanay. Thank you and may God continue to Bless you with the Knowledge of teaching...Jacqueline Jackson

Posted February 02, 2006
My son has been going to Atwood since Pre-K and he is now in second grade. This school has wonderful teachers and the principal is wonderful as well.

Posted October 06, 2005
Excellerated programs for 3rd grade and above only. However, parent involvement is a must (daily signatures on all completed work..Including homework...Required). Safety and discipline is a very high standard this school follows. Would like to see more one on one excellerated learning programs with younger students (k and 1st).

1850 Barron Lane, Fort Worth, TX  76112
Last modified Atwood Mcdonald Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atwood Mcdonald Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top